no sound

Technical Support
ok i keep playing games of sc2 and then the sound just stops working, but only for sc2. this has been happening only since patch 3.0 appeared with lotv.

i can be listening to music in windows just fine, watching movies, streaming off youtube, whatever. it all has sound.

but sc2... sometimes it starts up and begins playing with sounds, and then just randomly stops playing them forever. sometimes ill play a few games, and then the next game after a loading screen there is no more sound forever.
i must quit the game in order to get it back.
the sound is not muted, like everyone keeps telling me.
its not muted in windows.
my speakers are plugged in because they are playing sound from other sources.
the sound isnt being diverted to headphones as sc2 has the speakers chosen as its output device (not default or headphones).

this is confusing me, as there seems to be no reason for it. the game thinks it is playing sounds, but no sound comes through. its like the sound is being masked by something, or its playing through an output that i dont have connected or something.

my sound hardware is onboard my mobo, which is a maximus iv extreme z. i do have access to a maximus vii hero mobo though, if its the mobo which doesnt work.
Can you try lowering the Sound Channels?

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak

“Today, we retake our homeworld, and with it, our Legacy.”
im playing a game of sc2 now, and the channels are at 64. ill try lowing them to 32?
i got the same problem than you
11/17/2015 02:45 PMPosted by bleh
im playing a game of sc2 now, and the channels are at 64. ill try lowing them to 32?

Yes, that's a good interval to try.

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak

“Today, we retake our homeworld, and with it, our Legacy.”
i dont know what causes the game to lose sound, so i dont know if it has had any effect. this may take a while to test.
if nothing comes up, ill try putting it back up to 64 and see if i get any sound issues like before.
so far the sound hasnt been lost at either 32 or 64 channels.
one thing to note is that while i had it set to 32 sound channels, it had somehow changed to 31 when i looked at it next.
I got same issue. Sometimes when I start play SC2 I notice that i hear no sound in the game. I got this issue only in LOTV. I have to try restart the game and sometimes it helps.
I got 64 channels and using creative sound card.

It´s not a big deal restart the game but when I notice this issue during ranked game then it´s getting kinda annoying.
I have the same problem. Did you ever solve it?