[Spoilers] Ending: What happened to Kerrigan exactly???

General Discussion
On wiki it says she came back in human form and went away with Jim.

Is that true? Or did she remain as a Xel'Naga?
11/12/2015 01:35 PMPosted by casmeng
On wiki it says she came back in human form and went away with Jim.

Is that true? Or did she remain as a Xel'Naga?

Likely the latter. Remember the life on the barren worlds? That's not possible if she lost her Xel'Naga powers.
Maybe Kerrigan can change forms like Narud... Or maybe Raynor killed himself and that was the afterlife?
Kerrigan can do w/e she wants, hence the special effects. She took him to live happilly ever after.

His badge was found where he left it, so it was no illusion or dream.

He liked Kerrigan and was a drunk, but he wouldn't kill himself out of sorrow just because he has noone to fight anymore.
11/12/2015 03:19 PMPosted by Lemonsaurus
Maybe Kerrigan can change forms like Narud... Or maybe Raynor killed himself and that was the afterlife?

The latter seems wrong, Kerrigan would never allow that.

11/12/2015 03:38 PMPosted by Mike
He liked Kerrigan and was a drunk, but he wouldn't kill himself out of sorrow just because he has noone to fight anymore.

Actually I don't think she'd risk that. I think a part of her suspected he might not be able to move on.
Used her Xel'naga powers to recover his human form and took Jimy to life happy4evah on a space farm
11/12/2015 03:43 PMPosted by Felipe
Used her Xel'naga powers to recover his human form and took Jimy to life happy4evah on a space farm

Most likely what happened. Or they set out to explore the universe, vowing to remain with him for all eternity as his lover, healer, and guardian angel, as he had been for her for so many years.

I read a reddit post which theorized that.. it made sense. We don't exactly know the extent of Kerrigans powers, so it's assuming a little to say that she wouldn't allow it. I think the writers of Blizzard wouldn't allow it however. It's a bit dark for sc2.
11/12/2015 07:39 PMPosted by Lemonsaurus

I read a reddit post which theorized that.. it made sense. We don't exactly know the extent of Kerrigans powers, so it's assuming a little to say that she wouldn't allow it. I think the writers of Blizzard wouldn't allow it however. It's a bit dark for sc2.

Mind putting the link here please? I want to see it.
I could see her burning out her powers taking out Amon and with the last bit of power she had left, reverted her body back to terran form.
Metzen happened to Kerrigan.
The ending is deliberately ambiguous.

As far as I see it, there are 4 interpretations.

- Raynor dies of drink, sadness and his injuries. His dying dream is of Kerrigan coming to take him away. However this doesn't explain his vanishing.

- Raynor dies of drink, sadness and his injuries. However just before he dies Kerrigan whisks him away to be with her.

- Kerrigan used almost the entirety of her new power to wipe out Amon. After recovering she reverts back to human form using the last of it and her and Raynor run away together. This doesn't explain the 'life returning to galaxy' ending however.

- Kerrigan is now fully Xel'Naga, but still loves Raynor so she takes him to join her wherever she is. It has been shown in past games that Xel'Naga can take human form if they want (ala Duran/Narud).
I think the Xel'Naga cycle ends with her, they are all gone. I think she is human now and went away with Raynor. The expression on his face showed happiness and a good end to the game.
11/12/2015 08:02 PMPosted by Phil
I could see her burning out her powers taking out Amon and with the last bit of power she had left, reverted her body back to terran form.

Also a possibility, though maybe it's just her using shapeshifting, and that ghost suit isn't real

11/12/2015 08:46 PMPosted by LatinVibe
I think the Xel'Naga cycle ends with her, they are all gone. I think she is human now and went away with Raynor. The expression on his face showed happiness and a good end to the game.

Which would be fine. Both of them waited a long time for this reunion anyway.
11/12/2015 08:46 PMPosted by LatinVibe

After the game is completed, Blizzard wrote that Kerrigan is now a Xel Naga and she broke the cycle.

Nowhere does it says she becomes human again.

Most likely, she uses her shape-shifting powers just as other Xel Naga has done (Narud and "Tassadar") to morph herself her original human form to please Jim Raynor.
11/12/2015 09:42 PMPosted by Charmed
After the game is completed, Blizzard wrote that Kerrigan is now a Xel Naga and she broke the cycle.

Nowhere does it says she becomes human again.

Yes but it was also said the final scene is open to interpretation. You're right in that she may be using the shapeshifting powers and all that, or the energy transfer from Ouros wasn't permanent and she lost that power after seeding the barren planets
11/12/2015 07:39 PMPosted by Lemonsaurus

Mind putting the link here please? I want to see it.

I do apologize, I doubt that I'll be able to find it :(

The gist that I remember is that he had nothing left to fight for and Kerrigan ascending meant that he could never be with her.
11/13/2015 12:16 PMPosted by Lemonsaurus
The gist that I remember is that he had nothing left to fight for and Kerrigan ascending meant that he could never be with her.

That's likely, given the expression on his face in the epilogue before Kerrigan showed up. It seemed Raynor reverted to his drinking ways, having lost his purpose in life, and was firmly convinced Kerrigan died in that final moment in fighting Amon
There is a two year gap between the final mission and the bar scene. That's a lot of time for Kerrigan to bring new life to the worlds she destroyed before going to pick up her old flame.

The suicide thing you guys are talking about is clear out of left field. It's not suggested anywhere.
11/13/2015 02:02 PMPosted by Ticklefist
There is a two year gap between the final mission and the bar scene. That's a lot of time for Kerrigan to bring new life to the worlds she destroyed before going to pick up her old flame.

She did that because she eventually became convinced Raynor was NOT going to move on from her, despite the hopes he would because she backstabbed and hurt him so many times over.