[Spoilers] Ending: What happened to Kerrigan exactly???

General Discussion
11/13/2015 02:04 PMPosted by ragnarok
11/13/2015 02:02 PMPosted by Ticklefist
There is a two year gap between the final mission and the bar scene. That's a lot of time for Kerrigan to bring new life to the worlds she destroyed before going to pick up her old flame.

She did that because she eventually became convinced Raynor was NOT going to move on from her, despite the hopes he would because she backstabbed and hurt him so many times over.

And you believe this because? I mean none of this is even suggested in game. This is you creating your own narrative. So bravo to the writers, this is the sort of speculation they were hoping for, but it's not the story I was told.
11/13/2015 02:07 PMPosted by Ticklefist
11/13/2015 02:04 PMPosted by ragnarok

She did that because she eventually became convinced Raynor was NOT going to move on from her, despite the hopes he would because she backstabbed and hurt him so many times over.

And you believe this because? I mean none of this is even suggested in game. This is you creating your own narrative. Which bravo to the writers, this sort of speculation was what they were hoping for, but it is speculation.

Well, then how would YOU explain the barren worlds having life?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

And you believe this because? I mean none of this is even suggested in game. This is you creating your own narrative. Which bravo to the writers, this sort of speculation was what they were hoping for, but it is speculation.

Well, then how would YOU explain the barren worlds having life?

Sadly, space magic. The game is full of it.
11/13/2015 02:10 PMPosted by Ticklefist
Sadly, space magic. The game is full of it.

There's no such thing as space magic. "Magic" is merely a phrase used because whatever that's happening cannot currently be explained by our current scientific tech.

For example, if you took some of the technology we have today and could time travel back to the US in the 1800s, the people back then would also be saying what you're doing is "magical powers."
Perhaps I should have put "space magic" in irony quotes.
11/13/2015 02:31 PMPosted by Ticklefist
Perhaps I should have put "space magic" in irony quotes.

Well either way I'm not convinced Kerrigan lost her powers. Even when you're done with the campaign, it said she made a sacrifice.

But if that's true, she would have simply died in fighting Amon. If that happened, THEN it'd ok if she had kept those powers the whole time.
11/13/2015 02:02 PMPosted by Ticklefist
The suicide thing you guys are talking about is clear out of left field. It's not suggested anywhere.

agreed. But that's what theory crafting is for is it not? That's the whole point of things that are left open to enterpretation

11/13/2015 01:49 PMPosted by ragnarok
11/13/2015 12:16 PMPosted by Lemonsaurus
The gist that I remember is that he had nothing left to fight for and Kerrigan ascending meant that he could never be with her.

That's likely, given the expression on his face in the epilogue before Kerrigan showed up. It seemed Raynor reverted to his drinking ways, having lost his purpose in life, and was firmly convinced Kerrigan died in that final moment in fighting Amon

Yeah, you got it.
11/13/2015 02:41 PMPosted by Lemonsaurus
Yeah, you got it.

Which is fine too. Thus another reason Kerrigan came back was because she realized he still couldn't let her go. If that's the case, then she still had a duty to heal him.