So Kerrigan...(Spoiler)

General Discussion
No on will ever call Thrall a Green Jesus Mary Sue ever again after what they did to Kerrigan in this expansion.

I mean Thrall is still mortal. He's still the same Elemental Shaman we know since Wacraft 3. And the whole thing with the Dragon Soul? He needed the help of 4 god-like Dragons.

I mean really, Kerrigan, the person I was lead to hate on in the first game after all the evil !@#$ she did in Brood War.

Now she's The Mary Sue Goddess of Fire and Lawful Goodness :P

Imagine if they did this to Arthas the Lich King?
Still gonna call Thrall Green Jesus. Still going to groan every time he pops on screen and I hear that growling Metzen voice over.
11/14/2015 04:17 AMPosted by Ticklefist
Still gonna call Thrall Green Jesus. Still going to groan every time he pops on screen and I hear that growling Metzen voice over.

And the thing is I would not mind this plot. I would not mind this whole Prophecy/Chosen One story.

But why WHY did it have to be Kerrigan?!

A better choice would have been Zeratul, or hell even mabye even Raynor, anyone that was not an evil baby eating monster at one point and then became a good guy to become the Savior of the Galaxy.
Why are others a better choice? There is nothing special with raynor or zeratul.

Kerrigan is a human ghost with zerg dna. Who else comes closer to a xelnaga?
11/14/2015 04:24 AMPosted by Argronok
11/14/2015 04:17 AMPosted by Ticklefist

And the thing is I would not mind this plot. I would not mind this whole Prophecy/Chosen One story.

But why WHY did it have to be Kerrigan?!

A better choice would have been Zeratul, or hell even mabye even Raynor, anyone that was not an evil baby eating monster at one point and then became a good guy to become the Savior of the Galaxy.

Kerrigan was pretty much a demigod by the end of HotS. Zeratul and Raynor were just regulars of there race from an ascendance standpoint.
Okay Zerg corrupted human DNA is pure of essence and form. No Protoss DNA at all. Why was it the Xel'Naga created the Protoss exactly?
11/14/2015 07:43 AMPosted by Zymurgeist
Why was it the Xel'Naga created the Protoss exactly?

For the lols.
Okay Zerg corrupted human DNA is pure of essence and form. No Protoss DNA at all. Why was it the Xel'Naga created the Protoss exactly?

I can answer this one. The Xel'naga created all races in the universe, then by the rules of the cycle would just sit back and let nature take its course for the Purity of Essence and Purity of Form to appear and fulfill the prophecy.

Amon however wanted to destroy the cycle, so he discovered the purity of essence in the Zerg on Zerus, then forcibly shackled the ones he could to the Overmind. To find the purity of form, instead of waiting for them, chose to forcibly elevate the protoss into that state. He would then direct the Overmind to consume the Protoss to create HIS version of the prophecy and wipe out life.

However it would seem that the Terrans were the natural purity of form, that's why Kerrigan became Xel'naga
11/14/2015 08:36 AMPosted by ProfNekko

I can answer this one. The Xel'naga created all races in the universe, then by the rules of the cycle would just sit back and let nature take its course for the Purity of Essence and Purity of Form to appear and fulfill the prophecy.

Amon however wanted to destroy the cycle, so he discovered the purity of essence in the Zerg on Zerus, then forcibly shackled the ones he could to the Overmind. To find the purity of form, instead of waiting for them, chose to forcibly elevate the protoss into that state. He would then direct the Overmind to consume the Protoss to create HIS version of the prophecy and wipe out life.

However it would seem that the Terrans were the natural purity of form, that's why Kerrigan became Xel'naga

Nowhere, I mean nowhere does it say the Xel'Naga created the Humans. No Xel'Naga prophecy mentions them. The Zerg and Protoss are completely unaware of them until they reach the Koprulu sector. Yet Kerrigan was depicted in a prophetic carving constructed by the Xel'Naga in their temple not by Amon. Purity and essence as a plot device is gibberish. You're trying to paper over the Grand Canyon with a post it note.

Kerrigan becomes god. The Protoss abandon their religion and history to become peace and love communists. Raynor drinks himself to death in a bar.
11/14/2015 09:53 AMPosted by Zymurgeist
Nowhere, I mean nowhere does it say the Xel'Naga created the Humans.

When Kerrigan and Artanis were stomping through the temple together, the carvings mention that the "Xel'naga seeded all life in the galaxy." As that was their role in the Infinite Cycle. They create life and then let it live and do what it will. Thus, it can be assumed that the Terran were a by-product of this 'seeding' of worlds.

Beyond that, Amon 'uplifted' the Protoss and Zerg in order to create his own Hybrid version of the Xel'Naga, in order to destroy the original Xel'Naga and all life in the galaxy.

The 'Prophecy" was nothing more than Ouros attempting to communicate with Zeratul in a way that would help keep all the key pieces on the chess board. Ouros knew that Kerrigan was key in his survival, but was also the most hated creature to the Terran and Protoss. Thus he convinced Zeratul (using the image of Tassadar and the Overmind) to protect her and make her powerful enough to destroy Amon.
The Xel'Naga didn't create Kerrigan. She wasn't part of their plan. She was strictly the work of the overmind. "Oh by the way we created all life in the universe" at the eleventh hour is a retcon. Kerrigan being depicted in that temple is a huge continuity break.
11/14/2015 08:36 AMPosted by ProfNekko

This. If the Protoss were allowed to evolve on their own, they would have had better purity of form than Kerrigan.

But unfortunately they all got tainted by the Khala, so it no longer works anymore for them