I've Had It With the New Speed

General Discussion
I'm on a loss streak of god knows how many games, I've dropped several leagues (had to work my way up from Bronze, down from Platinum in one fell swoop).

Yes, I'm a bad player (no one needs to remind me of that). Yes, I'm having extreme difficulty adapting. So I've decided it just isn't worth my time anymore.

I hate to make another cliche "im uninstalling lol" thread, but I don't know what else to write here. I loved Starcraft. Granted, I haven't had as much time in it as others have due to real life concerns, but I've had experiences and made friends through this game, all of which I will never forget. I desperately wish the game's speed would go back to what it used to be, but I know that won't happen. I am one person in a sea of millions, so why does my one opinion matter?

Anyway, I just can't keep going on with the game the way it is now. It has become too much too fast for me.

Yes, I'm a bad player, and I am done.
You dont want get better, u give up. That ur life.gl
I came back to SC2 after pretty much ignoring it since it came out, despite playing every manner of video game imaginable since video games were a thing I still found myself tripping over my own fingers just trying to get back into playing it for the Co-Op and nothing else.

Can't imagine what kind of cluster!@#$ the actual melee games are like now.
Said this in the beta, all casuals will quit the game and the playerbase will plummet.
This has been my concern all through LoTV beta too

It's clearly only focused on entertaining hardcore Veterans and has little to attract new players or even maintain its casual player base.
The only way the games have been faster for me is just cutting out dead time in the early game and having to actually make an expansion consistently. But besides that normal macro and multitasking isn't any harder, infact it's made easier with chrono no longer energy based.

Am I missing something? I'm not even a particularly fast player, I get 80 - 100 apm. Funny enough it's even less in lotv than in hots.
11/19/2015 01:23 AMPosted by Dane
I hate to make another cliche "im uninstalling lol" thread, but I don't know what else to write here.

Why write it here at all? I am uninstalling LoL threads are only made to get attention , because if you were just done with the game you would simply uninstall and move on..

About the faster thing, yes the game that was the hardest of them all is faster now , meaning people are not really expected to keep up. Go play archon mode, it takes a lot of stress away from the game. I don't understand why people are soo opposed to the idea of archon mode and yet they complain about the challenge of the game.

You want the challenging version, but it is too challenging for you and somehow you have a pride not to play it with other people? The problem in this sentence is not about the game...
Same, it just pisses me off knowing that people who hardly expanded now expand to golds, you have no control early game, no control in scouting, no control in expansions as they can be anywhere...

What is the point?

You're supposed to get an edge and win, there is no edge now as all the little things that made a difference before now amount to about 10 seconds for the enemy to cover.

I don't even care about campaign achievements anymore, I am done. If I knew how it was I wouldn't buy it and watch the campaign on youtube.

Now I have only co-op, I'd uninstall already but I don't want to do it so short after I bought it, maybe I'll get a bit more value out of it.
There were already so many factors that were against new/low league players

A system set up that rewards griefing and "noob hunting" with achievements and portraits.

No punishments/demotions for those who throw games to tank their MMR, no way to see MMR so why not tank it and get free wins, you still get to keep your league so players will still know how pr0 you are! Even if your dark voice portrait was won off of the backs of players that weren't your skill level, its not like there is a way they could see that it was earned in an illegitimate manner! Enjoy that, you uhmm... earned it?

High speed/huge learning curve.

Complicated game full of cheese, quick ways to lose, seemingly unstoppable and easy to use compositions that have answers that are out of reach for the average or low skill level players, stuff of that nature.

Now in LOTV....

Lets force expanding more often, by making you mine out much faster which means many more ways to lose a game and constant tremendous risk, oh and you better crank up that APM.. Because you'll be managing more bases and more units in more places at all times.

Lets crank up the DPS even more so you can lose everything in an instant before you even know its coming or react appropriately to it.

Lets give you twice the workers so you have to play twice as fast and efficiently in the most vital stage of the game.

Lets make the new units easy to use and incredibly powerful, so countering them is impossible if you don't have the proper level of control.

Oh and don't try to build base defense so you can survive for a bit in a safe manner while you learn without the risk of expanding, or you'll mine out in 5 minutes and lose, guess you'll just have to try to run before you can walk newbie! But hey, here's a coop mode and campaign where you get all the resources you'll ever need and no way or need to expand past two safe bases, that will get you up to speed on how to play this expansion-heavy game! Didn't work? Oh just try Archon mode! Ohhh wait that wont get you ready either, the other guy is doing most of the work or you're both new and already lost, you don't have online friends either yet, that is a real shame.. Better complain on the forums, nope wait you'll just get chewed out there and told to quit..

"looks at new player and shrugs hopelessly"

Great ideas,considering the most requested thing across all regions (korean pros especially) was making the game more accessible and easier to play..If that was their goal, it was a total failure. If they wanted to cater to 1-5 percent of the playerbase who have the amount of skill and speed to make the game work properly, I guess you could call it a success, better hope those guys like it if the rest dont!
Get off your high horse, this isn't Flappy Bird. Nothing in life is free or easy so if you want to win or become good you have to fight and be competitive. Too coward to do that, then stick to casual games or be carried by teams in team games.
11/19/2015 04:12 AMPosted by AndThenUDie
Get off your high horse, this isn't Flappy Bird. Nothing in life is free or easy so if you want to win or become good you have to fight and be competitive. Too coward to do that, then stick to casual games or be carried by teams in team games.

"Casual Games" Oh great where is the matchmaking for that again?? Oh right I have a league full of guys that are my skill level, its called bronze and silver! Oh wait, its full of griefers and win harvesters.. too bad, guess I'll just quit like everyone else has over the last few years because half of my opponents seem completely unbeatable and aren't punished for their skill fixing in any way, shape, or form.

It has nothing to do with cowardice, it has to do with a game that is so foreboding to new players that it becomes nearly impossible to learn it without extreme dedication and perseverance, something that shouldn't be expected from a game played purely for fun, especially at the lowest levels of competitive play, where it is about casual fun and learning.If a guy is a previous masters and has 2000 games under his belt, there is NO reason AT ALL that they should ever be in bronze, silver, or even gold. You never get that rusty, even if you do it comes back very quickly. The system is flawed and it needs to be fixed if this game wants to be anything close to a good experience for most of its players.
"Casual Games" Oh great where is the matchmaking for that again?? Oh right I have a league full of guys that are my skill level, its called bronze and silver! Oh wait, its full of griefers and win harvesters.. too bad, guess I'll just quit like everyone else has over the last few years.

SC2 isn't a casual game.
11/19/2015 01:23 AMPosted by Dane
Bronze, down from Platinum

how much did you pay to get boosted LMAO get rekt
11/19/2015 04:21 AMPosted by AndThenUDie
"Casual Games" Oh great where is the matchmaking for that again?? Oh right I have a league full of guys that are my skill level, its called bronze and silver! Oh wait, its full of griefers and win harvesters.. too bad, guess I'll just quit like everyone else has over the last few years.

SC2 isn't a casual game.

It doesn't need to be, but it does still need a reliable place for low level/skill players to practice and hone their skills against, and only against, players like them. There is no benefit to having high level players in low level brackets, it only hurts the game's future and those willing to attempt to learn it.

LOTV is much harder than HOTS was to learn, so the problem of perceived unfairness becomes an even bigger one, a problem that already causes so many players to become so discouraged with just a few games played, that they leave and never return, is that how you grow a games population/scene and its chances for future releases and continued support? No, it is not.
Can some one explain to me how lotv is too fast? Is it because you can't sit on 3 bases for 20 minutes? Or because the dead time in the early game is gone?

Yet I spend half my current MP game time these days carrying !@#$%^-s like you who think they're better than they are.
11/19/2015 04:21 AMPosted by AndThenUDie

SC2 isn't a casual game.

All games are supposed to be... CASUAL.

I don't know how many times this needs to be stated...

Video game company... is a company. A company needs revenue. Revenue comes from lots and lots of players. These players will then recommend to their friends and families, and keep the revenue ball going.

This will not happen.. if the game is only playable by wannabe pros. Maybe facing off against just 3000 player pool is fun for the wannabe pros, but it certainly isn't fun for new players, who would rather have a pool of 100 to 200k players.

First of all, Flappy Bird is EXTREMELY hard. Second of all, this isn't life. This is a game. Designed to make money, thus requiring to entertain as much people as possible. Only wannabe pros treat this game as life. Even the pros are laughing at you guys. Even they don't treat the game as serious as you do.

----------------------------

To the OP:

I understand the frustration. In my first two matches, I also feel overwhelm. By the 15 min mark, I feel like I am leaving a lot of things undone, but simply don't have the APM to execute them. While I loved the new faster game play, I also feel like to accomodate this newer faster game play, there should be a more comparable easier access to control.

It's about time that we get a 10-20 unit queue. It's about time we get production building hotkeys. It's about time we get auto inject larvae. Don't worry about hose pros wannabe. They only care about themselves. They don't want the game easier because it's going to cut into their imaginary trophy of 2:1 win rate. They want to win games because they can out click you, not because they are out thinking or out strategizing you.

They want the tedium of doing things so vanilla, that they don't care about features. All they care about it their timing attack and build order. They just want to execute it like work.

Live your life. If Blizzard don't want to listen. Go out and do other things. That's your best way to get back at Blizzard or those pros wannabe. Ultimately, who cares, right? I am killing time on coop until Tomb Raider comes on Steam. I am going to miss not getting that Selendis protrait, but eh... somethings are just way more important than to fight with these pros wannabe in a game that they still have no idea that they helped bring down.
Switch to HotS?
All games are supposed to be... CASUAL.

Not really, no.

Video game company... is a company. A company needs revenue. Revenue comes from lots and lots of players. These players will then recommend to their friends and families, and keep the revenue ball going.

And what is this supposed to prove? The fact that you care too much about Blizzard's revenue? If they needed more revenue, than I guess they'd make this game play itself automatically. But guess they have enough money to keep this franchise competitive, which I really appreciate.

11/19/2015 04:41 AMPosted by razen
First of all, Flappy Bird is EXTREMELY hard.

I was implying this isn't Flappy Bird level of difficulty.

Not to turn this into a debate, some people really appreciate a challenge. I am one of them and even though I've never been out of platinum, I still really enjoy this game. It's challenging, it's engaging. If I want a casual experience, there are plenty games out there. I guess that pretty much sums it up.
I'm not sure why people are saying the game speed is different. It is exactly the same as before. The only difference is that the starting worker count is 12 instead of 6 and there is a slight mineral change. This simply removes the boring phase of the game where little action happens and encourages expanding. The only people that would have a problem with this are the "turtle" terrans that sit on one base for the entire game. Unless it is a strategic all in, everyone should get to the point of 12 workers and expanding at some point in the game in previous editions. I don't see what people are complaining about.

Another plus for lower level players is that the higher starting worker count basically rules out a lot of the cheese that plagued lower leagues most specifically. Cannon rushes, early pools, bunker/rax timings were complained about and abused more in the lower leagues.

The last point(s) brought about gaming and most specifically casual gamers. SC2 has been successful due to its nature of being difficult to master and fun to watch along with the entertaining campaign. In a competitive gaming industry where people can choose between thousands of titles, being just like every other game is a recipe for disaster. Look at games like xcom and dark souls and so many more that are definitely on the more difficult side of the spectrum and have been very successful. People have to realize that there are a lot of different types of people out there. Starcraft just happens to not be for everyone. Multiplayer games are not for everyone. Any multiplayer game from starcraft to chess will be difficult to master at the highest end. For those people expecting to just hop in a game and win there are games like hearthstone that take little skill and only cards to be at the top of the ladder.

My point in summary is that people need to chill out. Starcraft has taken a bit of a new direction but for the most part things have remained the same. There are a lot of changes coming to the ladder and new campaigns promised. This along with the new coop mode there is plenty for everyone the enjoy.