40% GM 40% masters 40% diamond are zerg

General Discussion
Zerg's definitely too strong, but

11/20/2015 10:57 AMPosted by IceKin
my bet are on a zerg top 3 :)

Do we know how well it translates to pro level?

11/20/2015 11:58 PMPosted by IceKin
I posted data of race distribution in each league and the difference is HUGE. Back to hots, when everyone was yelling "protoss op" we have just few percent points for protoss (like 2%) more than other races.

That's also something you should correct for. Even when zerg wasn't OP, it usually has a few % lead on the other races, especially in U.S/ EU
cry some more
Zerg really needs some nerfs starting with: Ultras, Vipers Parasitic bomb and nydus.
11/20/2015 11:15 AMPosted by DankTemplar
Terrans right now are having a difficult time adapting because they can't MMM every game like they used to, they need to exercise good decision making skills on the production end of things which was something they rarely had to worry about.

More than once I've had terrans try a-moving MMM against 10 or so lurkers and then rage quit saying "GOOD JOB ON PICKING ZERG, ENJOY YOUR EZ WIN"

Lol. Excuse me if I'm NOT sorry you can't stim-and-kite every zerg unit to death like you could in HotS. If a protoss makes collusus, terran should make vikings. Apply the same damn logic to lurkers and quit QQing.
You have to take into account about 10% who is playing random.

So 40% zerg is actually 40%/90%, which is roughly 50%. Meaning of all the high league players who play 1 race, about half is Zerg right now.

But yeah, we need time to tell if this means imbalance or not.
11/20/2015 10:54 PMPosted by QuingOfKeens
11/20/2015 11:08 AMPosted by Death
Cant imagine that it would take more than 10 days to get used to the game. I'm sure based on the fact that nobody knows the current meta game and everyone is still testing out new strategies, and learning all the new timings....

Clearly the ladder distribution must be an accurate depiction of what is strong

I'm platinum now, can I mock your game knowledge now or do I have to get back into diamond to do that?

You never mocked my game knowledge. You incorrectly called me a gold player while sitting in gold yourself.

I have an idea...maybe try to actually prove your point using game knowledge rather than using ad hominem. Use that thing people call a brain to actually give real feedback that helps the community.
11/20/2015 11:08 PMPosted by Shaunus

He was quoting numbers from only one server group.
Him not including these numbers in the OP is just him being selective.

But anyway, if we exclude random from the pool zerg should be at 36.3%, terran at 30.8% and protoss at 32.86%. If we look at overall numbers this means that terran are underpowered and zerg are slightly overpowered against protoss.
Not really saying that zerg are "broken".

The ALL tab just refers to the amount of players playng a race.

I posted data of race distribution in each league and the difference is HUGE. Back to hots, when everyone was yelling "protoss op" we have just few percent points for protoss (like 2%) more than other races.

Do not put the excuse "the game is young" because pro players play lotv since months and the only major changes to game we to nerf protoss while zerg are still untouched from early beta.

Yeah except for almost all of the kespa players!

It's not even possible to link the amount of players playing a race to balance. The only thing that can be linked is tournaments. Everything here is just extremely selective, there could be imbalance, there most likely is, the game is new after all. However, the amount of players playing a race isn't what shows that. You're just being a whiner.
11/21/2015 08:43 AMPosted by Hunta

The ALL tab just refers to the amount of players playng a race.

Do not put the excuse "the game is young" because pro players play lotv since months and the only major changes to game we to nerf protoss while zerg are still untouched from early beta.

It's not even possible to link the amount of players playing a race to balance. The only thing that can be linked is tournaments. Everything here is just extremely selective, there could be imbalance, there most likely is, the game is new after all. However, the amount of players playing a race isn't what shows that. You're just being a whiner.

yes man, ur right.
only tournaments speak.
let's have a look toghter then. here is the link http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Major_Tournaments

SanDisk SHOUTcraft Invitational II -> winner: zerg
GPL 2015 international challange -> winner: zerg (also 2nd and third place were zergs)
legacy of ultras -> top3 are zergs atm

Sure, these are only major events and not premier ones, but as i mentioned before...wanna bet top 3 in dreamhack will be zergs?
11/21/2015 09:03 AMPosted by IceKin
11/21/2015 08:43 AMPosted by Hunta

yes man, ur right.
only tournaments speak.
let's have a look toghter then. here is the link http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Major_Tournaments

SanDisk SHOUTcraft Invitational II -> winner: zerg
GPL 2015 international challange -> winner: zerg (also 2nd and third place were zergs)
legacy of ultras -> top3 are zergs atm

Sure, these are only major events and not premier ones, but as i mentioned before...wanna bet top 3 in dreamhack will be zergs?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/HomeStory_Cup/12/Qualifiers/KRTWCN
Cherry picking
That's because Zerg are cooler.

Starcraft is basically the Zerg, Terran are just generic humans and Protoss just fill the void of a 3rd race.
You can't take the overall race distribution because the quality between ladders matters. On average Korean GM is is prolly higher skill than Na GM . If you want to see how the cream of the crop is doing it is better just to select Korean ladder only::

Korean GM ladder:

T:31,38
Z:33,51
P:32,98

...seems quite balanced to me though.
11/21/2015 10:05 AMPosted by Steny
You can't take the overall race distribution because the quality between ladders matters. On average Korean GM is is prolly higher skill than Na GM . If you want to see how the cream of the crop is doing it is better just to select Korean ladder only::

Korean GM ladder:

T:31,38
Z:33,51
P:32,98

...seems quite balanced to me though.

This is biased because zergs are the less played race in korea (26%, terrans are 32% and protoss is 28%) Reaching GM is enough to say that a playes is high skilled, koreans are best surely, but u still should take overall data.

Zerg are the most representative race in each high league (GM, master, diamond). The new macro mechanics, the new units, the new playstyle in lotv are all zerg favored, don't be blind.
Blizzard should focus to make terrans but expecially protoss a more fast paced race to be good in lotv.
If you count random players, it should add up to 120%, so 40% is about right, no?
11/21/2015 12:42 AMPosted by Arianity
~I'm not saying or implying this means zerg is fine~

In gold+, Terran's actually the most represented race.

http://nios.kr

Terran 32.86%
Zerg 26.68%
Protoss 28.13%

Masters
Terran 40.46%
Zerg 30.15%
Protoss 22.68%

Diamond
Terran 34.56%
Zerg 32.31%
Protoss 23.90%

Plat
Terran 33.02%
Zerg 31.17%
Protoss 23.30%

Gold
Terran 31.82%
Zerg 27.88%
Protoss 26.52%

etc

Seems strange. Any ideas?

In both U.S/E.U., it's flipped heavily in favor of zerg (or even more skewed than these %s)

wow lol you bet that 1 of three races will end up within the top three placings
Just nerf the sick Ravager that hits your door on just 4 to 5mins timing.
11/22/2015 03:00 AMPosted by JerBear

wow lol you bet that 1 of three races will end up within the top three placings

nope, i bet there will be zergs in all three places :D
11/22/2015 02:43 AMPosted by Death
11/21/2015 12:42 AMPosted by Arianity
~I'm not saying or implying this means zerg is fine~

In gold+, Terran's actually the most represented race.

http://nios.kr

Terran 32.86%
Zerg 26.68%
Protoss 28.13%

Masters
Terran 40.46%
Zerg 30.15%
Protoss 22.68%

Diamond
Terran 34.56%
Zerg 32.31%
Protoss 23.90%

Plat
Terran 33.02%
Zerg 31.17%
Protoss 23.30%

Gold
Terran 31.82%
Zerg 27.88%
Protoss 26.52%

etc

Seems strange. Any ideas?

In both U.S/E.U., it's flipped heavily in favor of zerg (or even more skewed than these %s)

not being the most representative race and being one of the most in gm should give u some tips on what's going on
11/22/2015 04:42 AMPosted by IceKin
not being the most representative race and being one of the most in gm should give u some tips on what's going on

Or maybe it means GM league stats are having zero sense because you cant be kicked out of GM?
The only stats that do matter are GM + masters, and if you look to korea stats, you have :

63 + 170 = 233 terran
68 + 123 = 191 zergs
64 + 99 = 163 protoss
3 + 31 = 34 randoms

It means terran is not on a bad spot at all.
Only protoss looks weak, but don't forget the game is 2 weeks old, and protoss is the race that was changed a lot.
11/22/2015 04:49 AMPosted by TrollDlaMeus
11/22/2015 04:42 AMPosted by IceKin

Or maybe it means GM league stats are having zero sense because you cant be kicked out of GM?
The only stats that do matter are GM + masters, and if you look to korea stats, you have :

[/quote]

:facepalm: You actually can be kicked from GM...

By the way in the first post I forecast a top 3 made by zergs in the Dreamhack.
Now 2 places are for Zergs atm, if Nerchio will do it in the grand final, we have 3 zergs occuping 1st-2nd-3rd place in one of premier tournaments in lotv.

Never seen such a huge balance fail