LOTV zerg openings

Zerg Discussion
So I just started getting the hang of HOTS openings and now I'm a bit thrown off. can anyone help me? find me some sources. some videos. or just some hints. I would greatly appreciate it.. so fr i've been going 13Overlord 16 hatch 16 pool and bulding off that
bump
11/21/2015 07:05 PMPosted by SorrowsFall
So I just started getting the hang of HOTS openings and now I'm a bit thrown off. can anyone help me? find me some sources. some videos. or just some hints. I would greatly appreciate it.. so fr i've been going 13Overlord 16 hatch 16 pool and bulding off that

For now I've been doing 13 overlord 16 hatch 17 pool 18 gas for ZvP and ZvT
14 Overlord
@100 mineral, double extractor
double drone
cancel the 2 extractors
17 Pool
17 Hatch
17 Gas

That's my Anti-Cheese Opening. 17 Hatch, 17 Pool, 17 Gas if I know my opponent wont cheese me.
11/21/2015 09:32 PMPosted by BigBadZerg
14 Overlord
double drone
cancel the 2 extractors
17 Pool
17 Hatch
17 Gas

That's my Anti-Cheese Opening. 17 Hatch, 17 Pool, 17 Gas if I know my opponent wont cheese me.

Ah interesting
you could also:

14 Overlord
double drone
cancel the 2 extractors
18 hatch
19gas
18/19pool
19/20 Overlord

you could as well play 18hatch, 19 pool than gas at 18/19 or play gasless
I play at diamond-master lvl here are my openers to give you an idea of what people are doing

ZvZ
14 - gas
14 - pool
15 - overlord (extractor trick)
@100% spawn pool - Queen + Speed
5 sets of zerglings
22 - hatchery
21 - overlord
note - In ZvZ if the opponent goes hatchery first this is a win by default, other than that its a good safe opener in ZvZ at the moment

ZvT
12 - overlord
17 - hatchery
17 - gas
16 - pool
note - openers in lotv for ZvT are almost the same but keep in mind early liberators, so getting a few extra queens out is never bad

or

12 - overlord
15 - hatchery
16 - pool
17 - gas
note - above is safe speedling opener

ZvP
12 - overlord
17 - hatchery
17 - hatchery
16 - gas
15 - pool
note - above is just double hatchery before pool, do it how you want

or

12 - overlord
15 - hatchery
16 - pool
17 - gas
note- above is safe speedling opener
12 overlord? Why not 13? Seems interesting, that's something I never really even thought of...
its the same with every race get supply at 12 so you aren't supply capped
11/22/2015 03:29 AMPosted by Unreal
12 overlord? Why not 13? Seems interesting, that's something I never really even thought of...
I've considered it only because without it you're going to get some time supply capped... not really sure how to gauge the benefit, though.
11/22/2015 03:15 AMPosted by lIlIlIlI
I play at diamond-master lvl here are my openers to give you an idea of what people are doing

ZvZ
14 - gas
14 - pool
15 - overlord (extractor trick)
@100% spawn pool - Queen + Speed
5 sets of zerglings
22 - hatchery
21 - overlord
note - In ZvZ if the opponent goes hatchery first this is a win by default, other than that its a good safe opener in ZvZ at the moment

ZvT
12 - overlord
17 - hatchery
17 - gas
16 - pool
note - openers in lotv for ZvT are almost the same but keep in mind early liberators, so getting a few extra queens out is never bad

or

12 - overlord
15 - hatchery
16 - pool
17 - gas
note - above is safe speedling opener

ZvP
12 - overlord
17 - hatchery
17 - hatchery
16 - gas
15 - pool
note - above is just double hatchery before pool, do it how you want

or

12 - overlord
15 - hatchery
16 - pool
17 - gas
note- above is safe speedling opener

Hey thank you for the ZvZ build, i'm struggling hard with ZvZ at the moment.
Here's a fun little trick for a greedy Protoss trying to take their natural early. 14gas (only 2 drones required mining gas), 17hatch, 18-19 pool, first 100 gas goes into Ovie speed, when your natural pops, evo chamber, 2x spawn queens and 8 lings. Drop in the poor, unit less Protoss's main. Optional roach ling pressure at his front door for a second drop. Your saturation will be a touch behind, but you can inflict crippling damage in exchange, possibly even supply capping if you flood enough.
11/22/2015 08:53 AMPosted by KalOwnsU
Here's a fun little trick for a greedy Protoss trying to take their natural early. 14gas (only 2 drones required mining gas), 17hatch, 18-19 pool, first 100 gas goes into Ovie speed, when your natural pops, evo chamber, 2x spawn queens and 8 lings. Drop in the poor, unit less Protoss's main. Optional roach ling pressure at his front door for a second drop. Your saturation will be a touch behind, but you can inflict crippling damage in exchange, possibly even supply capping if you flood enough.

Ah neat though i feel like i do this protoss players will cry zerg op! type of deal lol
11/22/2015 09:06 AMPosted by Insomniac
11/22/2015 08:53 AMPosted by KalOwnsU

Ah neat though i feel like i do this protoss players will cry zerg op! type of deal lol

Let them. They have a 25 energy free photon cannon off of a pylon, more than enough to defend a few lings, they can scout it with a drone super easily and prepare, and they have a brand new unit specifically designed to deal with zerglings they can make if they take a cyber core. It's literally designed to counter this kind of shinanigan. Now it encourages scouting with an early probe. That's something else that I've started doing recently- assume you start with -1 worker and kick off with an anti-cheese scout.
Ah i don't really drone scout anymore sometimes in ZvZ because ZvZ is god awful right now. Thanks for the help.
Of course going any time of early pool against nexus first protoss will win you the game, but that's provided you scout that it is nexus first and not many zerg's scout in ZvP it just looks shady sometimes
11/21/2015 07:05 PMPosted by SorrowsFall

Gave ya a thumbs up since the thumbs down committee is going around, keep it up man we need more nice and helpful people around here.
In zvz and zvt.

13 overload
17 hatch
17 extracter
17 pool

In zvp
13 overload
17 hatch
17 hatch
17 pool
Double extracter at 32
11/28/2015 08:41 AMPosted by Viper
In zvz and zvt.

13 overload
17 hatch
17 extracter
17 pool

In zvp
13 overload
17 hatch
17 hatch
17 pool
Double extracter at 32

I'm a little surprised 3 hatch before pool is still a thing in lotv but i will have to try it and see if i can get away with being greedy.