The FACT of zerg imbalance

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Or why the latest community feedback shows blizzard's incompetence.

ZERG LADDER STATS

GM: 40.41%
M: 39.30%
D: 39.73%
P: 36.57%
G: 32.78%
S: 27.94%
B: 21.22%

Numbers don't lie. It is an indisputable fact that zerg is currently favoured from bronze level right through to gm.
11/20/2015 10:06 AMPosted by Dayvie
Terran was by far the strongest and needed to be nerfed
Yea because being that the game has been out for 10 days...obviously the ladder statistics show everything.

You got a A+ in statistics huh
7% additional players with less than 2 weeks of LotV @ the highest level of play doesn't indicate much really. There are high level players who have ended up in low level leagues because of a hard time adapting to the new pacing.

League distrobution is still a mess right now because people aren't playing optimally, hell, people don't even know what optimal is in LotV yet.

11/20/2015 11:24 AMPosted by PatchRandom

Numbers don't lie. It is an indisputable fact that zerg is favoured from bronze level right through to gm.

Also, if we use your logic your statement couldn't be true because optimally you'd have 33% representation for each race in every league, B-G doesn't follow your train of thought, therefore we can assume that your logic is faulty.
11/20/2015 11:56 AMPosted by DankTemplar
7% additional players with less than 2 weeks of LotV @ the highest level of play doesn't indicate much really. There are high level players who have ended up in low level leagues because of a hard time adapting to the new pacing.

League distrobution is still a mess right now because people aren't playing optimally, hell, people don't even know what optimal is in LotV yet.

Numbers don't lie. It is an indisputable fact that zerg is favoured from bronze level right through to gm.

Also, if we use your logic your statement couldn't be true because optimally you'd have 33% representation for each race in every league, B-G doesn't follow your train of thought, therefore we can assume that your logic is faulty.
What are you talking about? It perfectly indicates what I have said. Zerg is under-represented in bronze and silver because some of the zerg players who SHOULD be in those leagues got promoted...... I'm sorry buddy but it is your logic that is faulty--you obviously do not understand what you are looking at. The stats show a perfect skew towards placing zerg players in higher leagues with a 100% correlation from bronze through to gm.
It is an indisputable fact that zerg is favoured from bronze level right through to gm.

From bronze level? Where zergs are a minority?

Can you tell me how do you make that assertion...
11/20/2015 12:10 PMPosted by Khas

because you literally cant be bronze if you play zerg. as shown by the stats you get put somewhere in plat to gm
11/20/2015 12:10 PMPosted by Khas
It is an indisputable fact that zerg is favoured from bronze level right through to gm.

Exactly, there are hardly any zergs in bronze because they got promoted. It's a skew towards high leagues. Zerg being under represented at low levels indicates that zerg is over powered/too easy at that level of play, just as much as their over representation in gm and high leagues shows the same at that level.
11/20/2015 11:27 AMPosted by Death
Yea because being that the game has been out for 10 days...obviously the ladder statistics show everything.

It shows a lot more than your gold level balance whine
Zerg FTW!
11/20/2015 12:10 PMPosted by PatchRandom

<span class="truncated">...</span>

What are you talking about? It perfectly indicates what I have said. Zerg is under-represented in bronze and silver because some of the zerg players who SHOULD be in those leagues got promoted...... I'm sorry buddy but it is your logic that is faulty--you obviously do not understand what you are looking at. The stats show a perfect skew towards placing zerg players in higher leagues with a 100% correlation from bronze through to gm.

That discounts facts like a lot of terran players who were in ligher levels due to MMM every game are no longer doing well because pure MMM with no transition is bad now.

League distrobution is a mess because there's radical changes to what is and isn't viable as well as timings. Zerg are the least effected by this and thus are more represented in certain leagues.

You might need to consider more factors than the digits on that hand you're missing 3 fingers from if you're gonna delve into statistical math.

10 days is also not enough to establish a trend in a forming meta, I can keep going but considering your track record for inflamitory, trollbait posting...what's the point?

They were op all throughout the beta as well. Blizz as warned almost everyday that this would happen.
<span class="truncated">...</span>What are you talking about? It perfectly indicates what I have said. Zerg is under-represented in bronze and silver because some of the zerg players who SHOULD be in those leagues got promoted...... I'm sorry buddy but it is your logic that is faulty--you obviously do not understand what you are looking at. The stats show a perfect skew towards placing zerg players in higher leagues with a 100% correlation from bronze through to gm.

That discounts facts like a lot of terran players who were in ligher levels due to MMM every game are no longer doing well because pure MMM with no transition is bad now.

League distrobution is a mess because there's radical changes to what is and isn't viable as well as timings. Zerg are the least effected by this and thus are more represented in certain leagues.

You might need to consider more factors than the digits on that hand you're missing 3 fingers from if you're gonna delve into statistical math.

10 days is also not enough to establish a trend in a forming meta, I can keep going but considering your track record for inflamitory, trollbait posting...what's the point?

Yeah and people aren't causing climate change right? Hang on tight to that bias bro 'cause it's all that you've got.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yeah and people aren't causing climate change right? Hang on tight to that bias bro 'cause it's all that you've got.

Ah, the ad hominem: the tellsign of someone who can't articulate because they know they're wrong. GG no re.
To be fair gold and below is hard to read as those leagues from my own playing experience in the past tend to be more about having impactful flaws in your play style than pure race balance.
11/20/2015 12:19 PMPosted by QuingOfKeens

It shows a lot more than your gold level balance whine

Funny...you are the one in gold league at the moment

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/3279536/1/QuingOfKeens/ladder/

I am actually in platinum

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/6894949/1/Death/ladder/

Gotta love how things work out sometimes
11/20/2015 12:34 PMPosted by Anvos
To be fair gold and below is hard to read as those leagues from my own playing experience in the past tend to be more about having impactful flaws in your play style than pure race balance.
Well yeah everyone in bronze is losing due to their own bad play of course, but the numbers en masse show a trend, that's all. So which is more reasonable, A: there are very few unskilled zerg players compared to the other races, or B: unskilled zerg players have an advantage over unskilled protoss and terran players. One or the other of these statements must be true. And I mean clearly it's B.
11/20/2015 12:23 PMPosted by Damenx

They were op all throughout the beta as well. Blizz as warned almost everyday that this would happen.

Do you really not read back to your comments replies on other threads. That is the biggest load of bull!@#$. We proved that multiple times over.
11/20/2015 12:40 PMPosted by PatchRandom
11/20/2015 12:34 PMPosted by Anvos
Well yeah everyone in bronze is losing due to their own bad play of course, but the numbers en masse show a trend, that's all. So which is more reasonable, A: there are very few unskilled zerg players compared to the other races, or B: unskilled zerg players have an advantage over unskilled protoss and terran players. One or the other of these statements must be true. And I mean clearly it's B.

Or C the changes are easier to adapt to with zerg as some of the changes like the economy is how we have been playing for the past 2 years.