[Spoiler] Who Created The Terrans?

General Discussion
In their explanation of the Xel'Naga and their purpose, it was left with a general overview that the Xel'Naga create "many races and observe them without interference."

However, unlike the Zerg and Protoss, Terrans are never truly mentioned, despite having a significant part in the game, and being the catalyst for the creation of Kerrigan to turn into a form that is a human/zerg hybrid.

We also see absolutely no Xel'Naga influence or relics within the Terran origin story that would ever relate them to the Xel'Naga. Remember, Terrans are actually descendant from Earthlings, their ancestors being placed onto criminal colonization ships and being sent into hyperspace/sleep as their punishment.

So unless this is a huge writing overview, or an incredibly lazy and sloppily done ending story to explain away Terran origin, the canon doesn't support Terran origination from the Xel'Naga in even a remotely charitable examination of the lore.

Additionally, this leaves a severe metaphysical problem involving the resolution of the main cannon between the Zerg/Protoss and Xel'Naga ascension.

Kerrigan isn't strictly a singular race, or any race, she her self is a human/zerg hybrid, and despite the ordeal she went through in HotS, she still retains her psychic powers (if you want to call them that), from her human DNA. She is unlike the Zerg in many ways, and while related to them, isn't truly a race in and of her own being. She didn't come from a pure adaptation of two races into one ascended Xel'Naga being, and herein lies the huge problem with the climax.

There are two posits I want to present:

The First:

How is Kerrigan ascending if she is no longer any specific race, as she is an anomaly in the lore, not a "pure form of physical purpose"?

The Second:

If the Xel'Naga are the originators of the universe, and assuming the lore isnt sloppily written and the existence of Terrans aren't explained away in some messy generalization that has no other support in the lore of being tied to the Xel'Naga, who then created the Terrans?
Xel Naga were orbiting the Earth hundreds of thousands of years ago. They saw that Earth was filled with a lot of monkeys and saw potential in them despite their primitive form. They decided to create a Protoss/monkey hybrid that became the first human and the rest is history.
Annunaki
11/20/2015 06:23 PMPosted by Raver
Xel Naga were orbiting the Earth hundreds of thousands of years ago. They saw that Earth was filled with a lot of monkeys and saw potential in then despite their primitive form. They decided to create a Protoss/monkey hybrid that became the first human and the rest is history.

Where is that in the lore?

Also that still leaves the huge, glaring metaphysical issue about the origin of life on Earth.
11/20/2015 06:29 PMPosted by DukeOSausage
Where is that in the lore?

It isn't.

The origin of humanity is exactly the same as in real life. The only way the Xel'naga would be involved is if that whole "life is extraterrestrial" theory turns out to be something.
exiled humans from earth to kropulus sector, so in theory it is Doran Routhe and dysfunction in the ark ships
Which again is one of my posits.

If Xel'Naga create life in the universe, but humans aren't created by the Xel'Naga, then where do humans come from in the SC lore?
11/20/2015 07:00 PMPosted by DukeOSausage

If Xel'Naga create life in the universe, but humans aren't created by the Xel'Naga, then where do humans come from in the SC lore?

11/20/2015 06:36 PMPosted by Kelthar
The origin of humanity is exactly the same as in real life
The Kerrigan thing is what confuses me the most. You have to be pure of essence and pure of form to ascend, but she's a Zerg Human hybrid. Humans aren't pure of form to my knowledge. I mean except me :D
No one created the Terrans

See, that's the beauty of the Terrans. They aren't part of some great cosmic plan. They're the fluke, unaccounted variable of the universe. Even though, compared to the zerg and the Protoss the Terrans are just primative monkeys, they can still affect the balance of the universe. They are the blank slate, filled with infinite potential.

FOR THE DOMINION OF MANKIND
I believe it says the Xel'Naga create all species, until two rise, one pure of form, and one pure of essence. They probably created the Terrans who happened to be inventive enough to create machines, weapons, and tactics capable of combating enemies physically, psionically, and technologically more advanced than they.
Xel Naga lore from their own tablets says the original Xel Naga were the first creation and they arose when everything else was still pretty much just matter. They eventually build Ulnar and discover how to pierce the veil between universes and in that time other life developed they wanting to see how they grow and they leave clues to find and enter Ulnar. At the end of that universe's development the 2 main races find them and Xel Naga figure out that merged together they become a new Xel Naga. They then want to find out if this happens across multiple universes and move Ulnar on to a new universe and nudge it towards becoming one that life will develop in. Once life shows up they repeat the process of go to sleep and leave clues to find them and enter Ulnar. Eventually the cycle has repeated itself with similar enough races coming about that things just sort of fall into a pattern since its the only way new Xel Naga come to be and its their only real purpose of further existence by then. After some time one of the cycle Xel Naga "Amon" decides the cycle is pointless and the only way to free themselves and by his own delusions life as a whole from a chain of strife repeating to lead to the same result is to create a universe where all life but the Xel Naga has been snuffed out. Amon and his followers then on a new universe decide to stay awake and make 2 races capable of being merged into shells for them to wipe out all life. His plan goes horribly wrong though and leads to only Amon, Duran/Narud, and Orrous being the only Xel Naga left and Duran/Narud being the only one with a physical form left.

As for humanity nothing said each cycle only had 2 race life forms but rather the 2 pure races became dominant and ended up in conflict with one another. Xel Naga didn't specifically create races but made the universe capable of creating life. Amon tinkering/uplifting the Protoss and Zerg was not what was meant to happen and he didn't create either race but forced ahead their development at increased pace along a controlled path.

Protoss were primitive/proto protoss when Amon came to them and Zerg were still slug like things that are supposed to have looked similar to a cerebrate/larvae but far smaller.
11/20/2015 07:11 PMPosted by Aurus
FOR THE DOMINION OF MANKIND
People in here saying that the xel'naga made anything (made zerg or protoss) didn't play the campaign

There was lore about xel'naga doing stuff with zerg and protoss, but I won't call it retconned, because that "lore" was more in the perspective of the people in that world.

With LotV, we learn the truth behind the Khala and the overmind.

Amon gave the protoss the khala, and made the overmind from some primal zerg. The overmind had a connection with Amon, which the overmind removed (but he still had the overriding directive to assimilate all life)
Protoss were artificially evolved and given the Khala.

Kerrigan was infested in SC1, but was corrupted by Amon by extension the Overmind. In WoL she was made clean. She is human again (or at least part way), and later she becomes a Primal Zerg.

My opinion, protoss are corrupted by Amon, and are not purity of form. Terrans are (as far as has been revealed) untouched by Amon, and I think they are purity of form. Zerg (primal zerg) are purity of essense. Kerrigan is both a human and primal zerg after HotS. She is of 2 races and she becomes a Xel'naga

Compared to protoss, terrans are a young race, and humans are being born with psionic abilites (ghosts for example). If given enough time, they could be as technologically advanced as the protoss (assuming protoss hit a wall in advancement), and as powerful with psionic abilities

The Xel'Naga seeded worlds to create life. That means Earth was seeded as well. However after that, the Xel'Naga allow the planet to evolve. It was from this evolution that the terrans were created. Thus they WERE created by the Xel'Naga, albeit indirectly.

THAT is why in WoL, Raynor was telling Hanson that his crew were experiencing hallucination by the artifact pieces: because the terrans ARE linked to the Xel'Naga
11/20/2015 09:43 PMPosted by ragnarok

The Xel'Naga seeded worlds to create life. That means Earth was seeded as well. However after that, the Xel'Naga allow the planet to evolve. It was from this evolution that the terrans were created. Thus they WERE created by the Xel'Naga, albeit indirectly.

[/quote]

See, this is again, where I remember things VERY differently. As I recall, Void itself seed lfie. Xel'Nagans are just care takers. So in a way, you can still explain away with big bang theory, or real life physics. (ok, albeit a lot of it, theoretical)

So I guess, the origin of the universe is sorta a cross between the movie "Interstellar" and the recent discovery of the "God" particle. But honestly, there is no way the writer can explain away the real mechanism of this creation (or else, they would not be writing for video games, but winning Nobels) There just some correlation of what we know about space, add in a touch of the theological side, and bam... out comes Starcraft Universe.
11/20/2015 09:52 PMPosted by razen
See, this is again, where I remember things VERY differently. As I recall, Void itself seed lfie. Xel'Nagans are just care takers. So in a way, you can still explain away with big bang theory, or real life physics. (ok, albeit a lot of it, theoretical)

I don't quite see how the void seeds life. Yes we see the shadow creatures, but how do you explain how those turn into the beings of this universe? Plus the Xel'Naga had to create the gateway to the Void, can it develop on its own?
11/20/2015 10:04 PMPosted by ragnarok
11/20/2015 09:52 PMPosted by razen

I don't quite see how the void seeds life. Yes we see the shadow creatures, but how do you explain how those turn into the beings of this universe? Plus the Xel'Naga had to create the gateway to the Void, can it develop on its own?

Void seep energy into mortal realm right? Well, as recent discovery, energies ultimately created everything. So, I guess that's how void would create life. (again, not exactly the real science, just some correlation)

also, xel naga didn't create the gateway to the void. they are from the void. they created the gateway to the known universe.

I imagine it goes something like this:

life created from void, void create void organism
life continue to cycle, xel'naga watch over them
life grow stronger, xel'naga give slight guidance for essence and form to free from void
,xel'naga free from void, create new universe

again, no official lore clarification. everything just based on conjecture.
11/20/2015 10:23 PMPosted by razen
Void seep energy into mortal realm right? Well, as recent discovery, energies ultimately created everything. So, I guess that's how void would create life. (again, not exactly the real science, just some correlation)

I understand your point, but this is only based on speculation. If we go with that, the void would have created the Xel'Naga.

11/20/2015 10:23 PMPosted by razen
also, xel naga didn't create the gateway to the void. they are from the void. they created the gateway to the known universe.

Do you believe the void created them? Every species has to have an origin.
11/20/2015 06:28 PMPosted by Sentinel
Annunaki

don't you dare play the Sumerian card!

ah who am I kidding, probably the best explanation yet.