[Spoiler] Who Created The Terrans?

General Discussion
11/21/2015 12:38 PMPosted by Syrus
Then they thought zerg had purity of form and I don't remember why they gave up on them.

They didn't.

The Zerg killed their Xel'Naga overseers.

11/21/2015 02:58 AMPosted by IIIIIIIIIIII
Terrans are based off humans. Therefore, however you think humans were created, apply that to Terrans

Basically, the Terran evolved from other life on Earth without any influence from the Xel'Naga.

Since the Xel'Naga supposedly arrived only tens of millions of years before the great war (the events of StarCraft I) and they focused most of those years on the Protoss and Zerg; they could not have been manipulating life on Earth--at least not within the period where humans started to branch off from the other primates.
11/20/2015 06:14 PMPosted by DukeOSausage
We also see absolutely no Xel'Naga influence or relics within the Terran origin story that would ever relate them to the Xel'Naga.
That's pretty explainable actually.

The Terran don't have that legacy because the Xel'Naga created a race that at the time had minimal capability for psionics, and thus, not significant enough for consideration by the Xel'Naga. The Protoss were different. And, besides, from what we gather, 99% of all other races were uninfluenced by the Xel'Naga, and had no record of them in their origin stories as well.

The Terrans only became interesting because they artificially boosted their way to the forefront of a war against Aliens of considerably higher psionic potential inherently, while the Terran race was only JUST awakening from a slumber of non-psionic awareness. Kerrigan was a notable exception to the entire race, and it is why the Overmind took interest in her.

11/21/2015 01:00 PMPosted by TerranicII
Basically, the Terran evolved from other life on Earth without any influence from the Xel'Naga.
Not necessarily. The Xel'Naga's influence was universe-wide.
11/20/2015 09:52 PMPosted by razen
See, this is again, where I remember things VERY differently. As I recall, Void itself seed lfie. Xel'Nagans are just care takers.

This is how I remember it. I remember that the Xel'naga found Zerg and Protoss separately and interacted with them in order to find out if they had what it took to eventually become Xel'Naga. Protoss failed, and then they moved on to Zerg. I might have it backwards, but I feel like they thought Protoss had purity of essence but thought their psychic link hive mind thing was the wrong direction and abandoned them. Then they thought zerg had purity of form and I don't remember why they gave up on them.

They thought Protoss had purity of form and worked on that. But then when the Protoss started warring over due to personal differences, it became evident that Purity of Essence was perhaps more important so the Xel'Naga pursued that afterwards with the with the Zerg.

Then the Zerg wiped out the Xel'Naga.
11/21/2015 01:03 PMPosted by Toortanga
They thought Protoss had purity of form and worked on that. But then when the Protoss started warring over due to personal differences, it became evident that Purity of Essence was perhaps more important so the Xel'Naga pursued that afterwards with the with the Zerg.

Then the Zerg wiped out the Xel'Naga.
This whole thing was a sham, as we discover from reading between the lines from Ouros' account and the stories from the shrines on Ulnar.

The Xel'Naga were NOT supposed to interfere at all. The only one who was doing it was Amon and his allies, back in the day, and that most likely included Narud as well, maybe some other shape-shifting Xel'Naga like him.

The whole concept of elevating the races of the Protoss and Zerg was a complete lie.

I believe the retcon has the Xel'naga heading to Zerus to stop Amon's interference, resulting in Amon siccing the zerg on them and ending with one of the Xel'naga getting a potshot off on Amon.
Humans came from Allah.
11/21/2015 01:14 PMPosted by Elsanna

I believe the retcon has the Xel'naga heading to Zerus to stop Amon's interference, resulting in Amon siccing the zerg on them and ending with one of the Xel'naga getting a potshot off on Amon.

Actually the change was more that instead of destroying the Xel Naga on his own as assumed the Overmind merely took advantage of the 2 Xel Naga groups fighting to strike down their physical forms and then in the void the fight continues and the Xel Naga kill each other.
11/21/2015 01:14 PMPosted by Elsanna

Actually the change was more that instead of destroying the Xel Naga on his own as assumed the Overmind merely took advantage of the 2 Xel Naga groups fighting to strike down their physical forms and then in the void the fight continues and the Xel Naga kill each other.

It is not explicitly stated who got the killing blow off on Amon. However, I do think its likely that the zerg killed the Xel'Naga indiscriminately, rather than only helping Amon's rebels.
Then they thought zerg had purity of form and I don't remember why they gave up on them.

It was protoss that had purity of form. Zerg was purity of essence
11/21/2015 04:38 AMPosted by Extremus
There is a theory that I've read days ago after the launch of LotV

Terrans were never created by the Xel'Naga, but the Xel'Naga saw some potential with us humans. It didn't work out really well for them and moved on to another planet.
The last trace about the Xel'Naga that Terrans have are their psionic powers (Ghosts).

They were in a way. Xel'Naga seeded Earth, the Earth evolved and gave life to species. That's how the terrans came about
This is how I remember it. I remember that the Xel'naga found Zerg and Protoss separately and interacted with them in order to find out if they had what it took to eventually become Xel'Naga. Protoss failed, and then they moved on to Zerg. I might have it backwards, but I feel like they thought Protoss had purity of essence but thought their psychic link hive mind thing was the wrong direction and abandoned them. Then they thought zerg had purity of form and I don't remember why they gave up on them.

Yes, until the LotV showed the Xel'Naga never interfered, and it was Amon the whole time.
11/21/2015 03:31 PMPosted by ragnarok
11/21/2015 04:38 AMPosted by Extremus
There is a theory that I've read days ago after the launch of LotV

Terrans were never created by the Xel'Naga, but the Xel'Naga saw some potential with us humans. It didn't work out really well for them and moved on to another planet.
The last trace about the Xel'Naga that Terrans have are their psionic powers (Ghosts).

They were in a way. Xel'Naga seeded Earth, the Earth evolved and gave life to species. That's how the terrans came about

Not possible if the Xel'Naga were only in the galaxy for tens of millions of years (as the wiki states).
11/21/2015 03:41 PMPosted by TerranicII
Not possible if the Xel'Naga were only in the galaxy for tens of millions of years (as the wiki states).

You don't know how quickly the Xel'Naga can travel though
11/21/2015 03:42 PMPosted by ragnarok
11/21/2015 03:41 PMPosted by TerranicII

You don't know how quickly the Xel'Naga can travel though

The travel speed does not matter. If the Xel'Naga have only been in the galaxy for tens of millions of years, then they arrived billions of years after life began on Earth.
11/21/2015 03:51 PMPosted by TerranicII
The travel speed does not matter. If the Xel'Naga have only been in the galaxy for tens of millions of years, then they arrived billions of years after life began on Earth.

Did it say they were around for only tens of millions of years?
11/21/2015 03:57 PMPosted by ragnarok
11/21/2015 03:51 PMPosted by TerranicII

Did it say they were around for only tens of millions of years?

Yes, or at least they were only seeding worlds at that time:
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Xel'naga
However, unlike the Zerg and Protoss, Terrans are never truly mentioned, despite having a significant part in the game, and being the catalyst for the creation of Kerrigan to turn into a form that is a human/zerg hybrid.

There's a problem that we players are humans and we kind of identify ourselves with Terrans. Meaning if there was an explanation for how Terrans were created, people would associate it with real life humanity. This would make the story ridiculous and irritating. :P

So Terrans are one of the few races, who weren't created by the Xel'Naga. Big deal.
Um no!! People. Here's why I think the lore for the Xelnaga is messed up to a huge degree.

In Sc1, the xelnaga didn't 'create' the Protoss nor the Zerg. They were already living things that evolve naturally on the planet. The Xelnaga came and only modified them. Ascending them in a way to how they are now by giving them either the Purity of Form or Essence.

Now Lotv completely screwed this up by saying that the Xelnaga is the source of all life and they are the reason why the Universe is filled with life. That's bs and another retacon that the story team decided to do just because.

Sooo... Yeah... The Terrans was created by the Xelnaga in a way but more like the life on Earth is due to the Xelnaga. My guess is that they weren't filled with a Purity and hence why they're called Part of the Failed Cycle.
Jesus created them you moron.
We also see absolutely no Xel'Naga influence or relics within the Terran origin story that would ever relate them to the Xel'Naga.

They explained that away by saying that all of that was just Amons doing. I really hate that retcon tbh

So basically the Xel'Naga create a universe and hope a purity of form and purity of race come about somewhere in the universe by chance. (Because of the no interference policy.)

Then they hope that they find each other and hope they decide not to kill each other and hope they find some random artifact pieces that are hidden away on some random worlds. Then they hope they figure out the meaning of the Artifact and then they hope they both decide to become a Xel'Naga and hope they are strong enough to defeat the guardians to prove they are strong enough to become Xel'Naga. They then hope that once they are Xel'Naga that they don't decide to backstab them (aka Amon.)

They then recreate the universe and hope all that happens again.

------------------------------------------------------
I much prefer the Universe where they cultivate two races that they think can become suitable Xel'Naga and add to the Collective Xel'Naga from past cycles. They then guide the two races along a journey to become Xel'Naga.