I Agree with Nathanias

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Good job hardcore Korean fanboys, you've managed to kill any hope that SC2 will ever have a healthy and thriving competitive scene for anyone but the KR players.
what? korean are better players, are you complaining about this? rofl
12/03/2015 05:26 AMPosted by Democracy

!@#$ that. Korean players aren't innately "better players". They simply have the financial support to do nothing but play Starcraft 2 all %^-*ing day.

Also, not everyone gives a !@#$ about that. I want to see my local heroes play against each other, not some random Korean of the month who i cannot relate or even talk to in my own language. I'd rather see go to local and region tournaments where a large variety of players all compete against each other.

%^-* your "only the best players" bull!@#$. That kind of thinking killed Starcraft 2's competitive scene. Good %^-*ing job.
12/03/2015 05:37 AMPosted by zenasprime

!@#$ that. Korean players aren't innately "better players". They simply have the financial support to do nothing but play Starcraft 2 all %^-*ing day.

Also, not everyone gives a !@#$ about that. I want to see my local heroes play against each other, not some random Korean of the month who i cannot relate or even talk to in my own language. I'd rather see go to local and region tournaments where a large variety of players all compete against each other.

%^-* your "only the best players" bull!@#$. That kind of thinking killed Starcraft 2's competitive scene. Good %^-*ing job.

money doesn't makes one player better, otherwise bill gates would be the best sc2 player existing. your logic is just wrong
How dare people want to watch the best players compete. Maybe for your next rant you could go to Korea and yell at all the people there who support pro football teams in Europe and do not pay their own lower level domestic leagues much attention.
12/03/2015 05:41 AMPosted by Democracy
money doesn't makes one player better, otherwise bill gates would be the best sc2 player existing. your logic is just wrong

So what is it then, genes?

But I really like Polt and Solar. They are pretty funny when they speak english and I find that to be half of the fun in itself xD I really miss MC though. His personality was just boss as f#ck. That guy would just BM and act like he is the sh!t. Really miss that guy.

IdrA was also very funny. His rage made the game even that more exciting to watch back in the day. All those good times.

Are you daft? No most likely you are some teenager or young 20 yo who's mommy and daddy still pay the bills.

Bill Gates is an old coot anyway. I would be surprised if he could even get an army of Marines across the map without any help.
12/03/2015 05:43 AMPosted by Mike

Hard work and growing up in an environment that takes e-sports more seriously than any other country would be my guess.
12/03/2015 05:42 AMPosted by SlagBoy
How dare people want to watch the best players compete. Maybe for your next rant you could go to Korea and yell at all the people there who support pro football teams in Europe and do not pay their own lower level domestic leagues much attention.

You probably dont remember this because you were only 10 when SC 2 came out but people use to go to local tournaments and play in them too. They would win real money and everyone had a great time. The the KR fanboys screamed and yelled at blizzard to do something to get the koreans over here, and they did because they thought that the fans only wanted to see "the best games". Good bye competive sc2 scenes everywhere.
12/03/2015 05:42 AMPosted by SlagBoy

You probably dont remember this because you were only 10 when SC 2 came out but people use to go to local tournaments and play in them too. They would win real money and everyone had a great time. The the KR fanboys screamed and yelled at blizzard to do something to get the koreans over here, and they did because they thought that the fans only wanted to see "the best games". Good bye competive sc2 scenes everywhere.

12/03/2015 05:47 AMPosted by SlagBoy
12/03/2015 05:43 AMPosted by Mike

Hard work and growing up in an environment that takes e-sports more seriously than any other country would be my guess.

Bull!@#$. They had a financial infrastructure that affirded pkayers the means by which they could do nothing but hone their skills. Something no other region had.

Time to grow the %^-* up and realize your childish fantacies for how the world works are make believe.
Racist.
I don't know why you are trying to insult other posters on a maturity level when you are coming across as a foot stomping child yourself. And yeah there was more chances for non Korean players in WoL as basically that was a time when the Sc2 scene was big and the Kespa players had not yet transitioned into Sc2.
I have to agree with OP, at least in part. It's good for the fanbase to have players they can relate to. This concept goes far beyond Starcraft.

And if fledgling players have the impression that they can't compete in any tournaments, foreign or domestic, because a professional korean player will show up and take the win, it can kill one's motivation. Foreign players, on average, aren't going to get the same level of support to improve either.

Definitely save the highest tier tournaments for the best of best, korean or no. But there should be smaller scale tournaments where players from non-korean scenes have a ballpark shot at winning.

This is true it's hard to support yourself without a team. Koreans have team houses and a lot of teams with top players on them, where they train 24/7 with the best. NA has no teamhouses apart from ROOT, EU has few.

I didn't realize that zero americans or europeans had the money to stay inside and play all day, I'm sure method from world of warcraft struggles to fit wow into their long schedules eh?

Also I like that you talk about diversity but talk about not being able to speak to them and that you only want to watch local heroes. You can learn the language you know
12/03/2015 05:56 AMPosted by SlagBoy
I don't know why you are trying to insult other posters on a maturity level when you are coming across as a foot stomping child yourself. And yeah there was more chances for non Korean players in WoL as basically that was a time when the Sc2 scene was big and the Kespa players had not yet transitioned into Sc2.

No, I'm from Philly-!@#$ing-delphia and this just happens to be how we %^-*ing talk over here. Go cry in a corner if you are so offended by my !@#$ing colloquialisms.
12/03/2015 06:25 AMPosted by zenasprime
No, I'm from Philly-!@#$ing-delphia and this just happens to be how we %^-*ing talk over here.

It's also how 13-year-olds talk on Call of Duty.