I will buy the DLC only if....

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
12/03/2015 01:53 AMPosted by BlueZero
Kerrigan herself notes that, her ascension to Xrl'naga was partially due to her guilt of what she realize she had become. Raynor want to pork her so he forgives her, but Kerrigan is still a genociding alien. Best to say about her is that she 'found peace' with herself. Good luck explaining that to the millions of mothers that lost their children during the brood war.

And that is why I believe the seeing of the worlds is something she's doing for the sake to try to make things right. Won't redeem her, but it'll be step in the right direction. And perhaps, once enough time passes, something can change
yea. that's why i support the DLC idea cause it gives Blizz the chance to flesh out the epilogue.

but i want content!!!
I already regret buying Lotv.

You want 15 euros for a few maps. No.

Blizzard has fallen to dlcs, I hope I'd never see the day but here it is.

Blizzard=EA.

They want lots of money for random value packs in hearthstone, but the price is fixed.

They want lots of money to avoid grinding in WoW, you basically need to have it as a second job to get anywhere.

They want 15euros for a few maps in Starcraft 2.

They want you to pre-purchase Overwatch but won't even give you beta access.

So the only game that is even holding up for now is Diablo, I bet only because they have a hard time finding a good money grabbing way to use in it.

You're not Blizzard anymore.
12/01/2015 04:33 PMPosted by BlueZero
DLC needs cutscenes pre and post each mission with 1 ending cinematic

Reaper of souls did not have one, and it was an expansion to a game that sold many many millions of copies.

What makes you think they will do it for 3 Starcraft maps.
The epilogue was just a lazy send off to it's fans. It left a terrible taste in my mouth. I won't pre-order it.
I'll only buy story content if they prove they can deliver good story writing.
12/03/2015 04:39 AMPosted by BlueZero
yea. that's why i support the DLC idea cause it gives Blizz the chance to flesh out the epilogue.

but i want content!!!

Same here. But for now, since they're only talking about Nova, it's better to focus on what happened to her.

For Raynor and Kerrigan's case, if they want to close it properly, it'll probably be in a book
12/03/2015 07:58 AMPosted by HitoriBocchi
The epilogue was just a lazy send off to it's fans.

Because they wanted to wrap things up on a happier note, but Blizzard didn't know how to do happy endings. At the same time, they didn't want the "it was all for nothing" ending at the end of BW.
12/02/2015 04:27 PMPosted by BlueZero
It is not the cost. It is the Content!

I m trying to tell Blizzard that on this thread.

Why start with Nova?

Start with an Abathur / Alarak 9 mission expansion and that should get both the players and game designers more interested and psyched.

And remember, proper voice actors and cutscenes and cinematics.

I ain't buying till u see that being part of the plan.

They were about to make an entire game staring Nova I'm sure they have some ideas for a Ghost campaign that they've been waiting forever to use.
12/01/2015 05:22 PMPosted by Voidwalker
It will need to be amazing in order to warrant a 15$ price tag on only 9 missions.

There's also some bonus content, but yeah, basically.
12/01/2015 10:31 PMPosted by BlueZero
I just hope Blizzard is actually caring about content, and not turning into EA.

Releasing a D.L.C. is exactly turning into EA. The quality of the campaign will be pretty low, with bad dialogues, marysue-ism of nova up to eleven and this absurdity of the pre-order...
No, we should boycott this crap. Keep Sc dlc free.

12/03/2015 04:46 AMPosted by Mike
Blizzard has fallen to dlcs, I hope I'd never see the day but here it is.

Blizzard=EA

12/03/2015 04:46 AMPosted by Mike
You're not Blizzard anymore
Releasing a D.L.C. is exactly turning into EA. The quality of the campaign will be pretty low, with bad dialogues, marysue-ism of nova up to eleven and this absurdity of the pre-order...

You know that won't happen....
12/03/2015 02:30 PMPosted by ragnarok

You know that won't happen....

I've seen a lot of valid comparisons, but EA to Blizzard has never been one of them.
12/03/2015 02:31 PMPosted by Doncroft
I've seen a lot of valid comparisons, but EA to Blizzard has never been one of them.

Bliizard is turning into Activision (Nothing surprising, after all they have the same shareholders...)
12/03/2015 02:38 PMPosted by Marsaro
Bliizard is turning into Activision (Nothing surprising, after all they have the same shareholders...)

Then you can start hoping they'll separate in the future to save the SC franchise. But then again, I already know you're going to save it's far beyond saving.
Personally I preordered the nova campaign, with no info on it, why?

Maybe I'm an idiot...

Or I love starcraft and want to show blizz people still support it and buy and appreciate anything they do for this game I love.

Take your pic, but I am one of those to, I like to think the ladder
12/03/2015 04:45 PMPosted by BLACKstRIPPa
Personally I preordered the nova campaign, with no info on it, why?

Maybe I'm an idiot...

Or I love starcraft and want to show blizz people still support it and buy and appreciate anything they do for this game I love.

Take your pic, but I am one of those to, I like to think the ladder

You shouldn't have. After all that's happening, it's better to see the product first of what Blizzard has to offer
12/02/2015 07:41 AMPosted by BlueZero
On the other hand, an Abathur / Alarak expansion pack will rob me of my wealth MUCH quicker.

Abathur AND Alarak working together? Now that is a freaking must! XD
Blizz should totally consider adding Nova as a commander in Co-Op with the pack too.

along with future ones, this is a great way for people to chip in for their favored commander, and for that, getting the stories and lore relating to them as well.
12/04/2015 08:19 AMPosted by BlueZero
Blizz should totally consider adding Nova as a commander in Co-Op with the pack too.

along with future ones, this is a great way for people to chip in for their favored commander, and for that, getting the stories and lore relating to them as well.

What kind of abilities would you want her to have? I personally would remove the nuking ability or something, since that'd get boring. We already had enough of that in the Ghost of a Chance mission in WoL.
Huge fan of the StarCraft series, replayed the campaign ( except LoTV ) about 20 times. Didn't really focus on the multiplayer.

IF the review for NOVA is amazing -= which I highly doubt =-, I will *consider* purchasing it when it's on discount ( next xmas ). If not, no, thank you.
Also if the other DLC's are connected and I have to purchase NOVA for them, they can forget it all together.

Why ? because LoTV stands nowhere near the standards I was expecting Blizzard to live up to, and I've learnt to expect that their newest generations are terrible.
Not to mention that the whole thing is overpriced. It's like 2.39$ / map !!! that's the price of HoMM3 on discount on GoG , keeps you playing for years. Those maps would better last a few days. That DLC is more than half of the LoTV price.
At the 40$ tag on LoTV that I preordered, I would expect that they would add DLC's for free just to _MAKE UP_ for LoTV and screwing it up, they've made plenty of money from content that wasn't excatly worth it already.

I sincerely believe that my adventures with Blizzard are at an end. I'll love the classics and would give Warcraft 4 ( if ever ) a chance, and from conversations with my friends - many of us feel the same way, even though time travelling in WoW screwed it up ( seriously, ruining the franchise for me ).