Starcraft:Evolution, the butchering continues

Joeyray's Bar
1 2 3 5 Next
You thought the SC story couldn't have gone worse since the epilogue.
You thought you were free of that massive torture the SC2 story was.

Well, you were wrong. I present to you Starcraft: Evolution !

http://suvudu.com/2016/04/del-rey-books-and-blizzard-entertainment-inc-announce-starcraft%C2%AE-evolution-by-timothy-zahn.html

In StarCraft: Evolution, the war between the terrans, the protoss, and the zerg has been over for years, but the fight for peace is still being waged. As the Terran Dominion struggles to recover from the ravages of war, Emperor Valerian Mengsk has no intention of ruling in the same bloody manner as his father, the late Arcturus. Instead of seeking vengeance, Valerian is determined to maintain the peace. So when he receives an urgent plea for aid from Zagara, Overqueen of the savage zerg Swarm, he agrees to hear her case despite his personal misgivings and the severe disapproval of Hierarch Artanis of the protoss.

Zagara claims that the Swarm has changed. No longer bent on destruction, they have revitalized the planet Gystt, once thought to be irreparable after its incineration by the protoss during wartime. Now the zerg wish only to live there in peace and nurture new life. But when Dominion agents—a hard-bitten marine, an unpredictable reaper, an idealistic xenobiologist, a former ghost operative, and an enigmatic protoss researcher—arrive to investigate the planet, they suspect that not all of the zerg are truly dedicated to Zagara’s dream of harmonious paradise. Gystt hides dark secrets, and should they be unleashed, it will mean disaster for the universe.

Oh my god, I want to cry so hard now. This is even more BS. They're destroying everything we knew about the SC universe. The Zerg are happy and trying to live in peace in a world they rebuilt ?? Wtf ??? Is the writer one of those redheads ???

Oh, and the name is awful too. Dragonball: Evolution anyone ?

Overqueen? Seriously?

That the Zerg are living with peace is a bit... Just no. I can understand peace-induced dormancy, but not straight up "peace".

Well, add that to another piece of refused canon.

In case anyone's not keep track:
-This book
-The Epilogue
-The entirety of the Prophecy
-Xel'Naga being Cthuloid and Amon (And friends) uplifting races
-HotS
I was about to create a thread about this new horsesh!t as well. You were faster than me.

I found this horrible news by browsing the wikia (http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft:_Evolution), and I started puking even my godd@mn soul while reading it.
There is no limit to the worst, for f*ck's sake.

I hope that the publishing house will fail badly. Like "you are sentenced to prison for bankrupt" badly. And that Timothy Zahn will be forced to invest all the money from the royalties on pain therapy and lawsuits (that he'll duly lose).

At this point I don't care anymore to be polite or "politically correct".
To say that I was once a fan of this universe. Now I'm ashamed to say that I cared about this universe when I see how it turned into such a piece of cr*p....

SC had such a good reputation before SC2, now it'll be known as one of the worst sci-fi universe ever. Shame.
It's Timothy Zahn though. He is a very good writer and I trust his storytelling abilities. Even if this looks stupid ( and it does) I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I am also praying that Zagara is lying to everybodies faces. ( please please please )
04/28/2016 07:03 AMPosted by TheBentOne
It's Timothy Zahn though. He is a very good writer and I trust his storytelling abilities. Even if this looks stupid ( and it does) I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I am also praying that Zagara is lying to everybodies faces. ( please please please )

Eh. I heard that about Dark Souls 3 as well with a similar argument. Wasn't surprised to be disappointed.

It's not going to be great. Who cares.

I don't want to sound too harsh, but this is bull. We gave enough benefit of the doubt to the Fallen Ones, and look how we got repaid (HotS, the Epilogue).

Enough of this crap.
04/28/2016 08:16 AMPosted by JoneGranko

I don't want to sound too harsh, but this is bull. We gave enough benefit of the doubt to the Fallen Ones, and look how we got repaid (HotS, the Epilogue).

Enough of this crap.
I'm not giving the benifit of the doubt to blizzard. I'm giving the benifit of the doubt to the man who gave us Grand Admiral Thrawn.
04/28/2016 08:16 AMPosted by JoneGranko

Enough of this crap.

It's Timothy Zahn though

I cant bring myself to hate on anything Zahn does at least until ive actually read it.

Also, this sounds like the return of Project: Blackstone!
Hey guys, remember our favorite (sick) SJW ?

I've discovered where he is now ! :

http://starcraft2.judgehype.com/news/l-histoire-de-starcraft-continue-voici-venir-starcraft-evolution-146888/10/#19

For those who don't understand French :

"This majority is made of about a dozen childish @ssholes who spend their time putting Starcraft manual on a pedestal, posting useless comments, often on the level of "I want 2 C Raynor r@pes Kerrigan 2 avenge Fenix lol", and lose temper once we recall them the numerous problems of Sc/BW scenario.

Those morons can always whine about how it was better before, they never for the most part stopped to give theirr money to Blizzard".

So lovely, he left since months, but he's still bitter about us :)

Back on the topic..... I expect nothing of this book. I know Zahn is a good writer, but he won't save Starcraft by himself :S
04/28/2016 02:34 PMPosted by Marsaro
Back on the topic..... I expect nothing of this book. I know Zahn is a good writer, but he won't save Starcraft by himself :S

I dunno, the current writers seem at least tolerable. LoV was pretty good if you ignore the epilogue (which was clearly written well before LoV), and Covert Ops is looking good so far.
Please leave a dislike at your earliest convenience X)

This actually is interesting to because at the end of HotS, I hoped to have Zagara go through a complete character arc since she was the second in command for Kerrigan by the end of the trilogy. Basically Zagara played the role of the T-800 in T2 and observing Kerrigan's love for Raynor, Zagara learns several things about humanity but accepts she can't be like them and takes the Zerg to pursue something more.

Of course in my ending I envisioned before LotV Released, Sarah came back as a human Kerrigan to Joray's bar and Raynor notices that she's bald and she has completely lost her Psionic powers. (Meaning she's de-zergified for good.) But before then, when Kerrigan came back in her human form, Zagara finds her and instead of killing her because she's inferior, she allows one last favor for her queen and sends her to Mar Sara because of what she learned from her Queen all that time. But the very protoss-centric story and the short epilogue left that part to be desired.

But anyway, I'm interested to see how this turns out unlike a lot of people and I'm good with that.
04/28/2016 04:04 AMPosted by Urux
You thought the SC story couldn't have gone worse since the epilogue.
You thought you were free of that massive torture the SC2 story was.

Well, you were wrong. I present to you Starcraft: Evolution !

http://suvudu.com/2016/04/del-rey-books-and-blizzard-entertainment-inc-announce-starcraft%C2%AE-evolution-by-timothy-zahn.html

In StarCraft: Evolution, the war between the terrans, the protoss, and the zerg has been over for years, but the fight for peace is still being waged. As the Terran Dominion struggles to recover from the ravages of war, Emperor Valerian Mengsk has no intention of ruling in the same bloody manner as his father, the late Arcturus. Instead of seeking vengeance, Valerian is determined to maintain the peace. So when he receives an urgent plea for aid from Zagara, Overqueen of the savage zerg Swarm, he agrees to hear her case despite his personal misgivings and the severe disapproval of Hierarch Artanis of the protoss.

Zagara claims that the Swarm has changed. No longer bent on destruction, they have revitalized the planet Gystt, once thought to be irreparable after its incineration by the protoss during wartime. Now the zerg wish only to live there in peace and nurture new life. But when Dominion agents—a hard-bitten marine, an unpredictable reaper, an idealistic xenobiologist, a former ghost operative, and an enigmatic protoss researcher—arrive to investigate the planet, they suspect that not all of the zerg are truly dedicated to Zagara’s dream of harmonious paradise. Gystt hides dark secrets, and should they be unleashed, it will mean disaster for the universe.

Oh my god, I want to cry so hard now. This is even more BS. They're destroying everything we knew about the SC universe. The Zerg are happy and trying to live in peace in a world they rebuilt ?? Wtf ??? Is the writer one of those redheads ???

Oh, and the name is awful too. Dragonball: Evolution anyone ?

Zagara HATES the Terrans! H-A-T-E-S them! wtf? All she has known is war against them. you expect me to believe this??? and How would she even contact someone from the dominion? She wouldnt want to contact them in the first place!
04/28/2016 05:06 PMPosted by Deathwing
Zagara HATES the Terrans! H-A-T-E-S them! wtf?

No she doesn't. She pities them. Poke her during the Korhal invasion, and she says something to the effect of "Being a terran must suck, theyre always alone. I wish I could help them by assimilating them and killing the rest of them."
yeah I find that hard to believe. warfield nearly made her extinct. without kerrigans help she would have been.
04/28/2016 05:40 PMPosted by Deathwing
yeah I find that hard to believe. warfield nearly made her extinct. without kerrigans help she would have been.

Disbelieve all you like. She explicitly says she pities terrans.
04/28/2016 06:16 PMPosted by Kelthar
04/28/2016 05:40 PMPosted by Deathwing

Even so I think blizzard screwed up the zerg characters, they are wishy washy way too much. its like, KILL THE TERRANS! from the broodmother on the first planet kerrigan arrives on after she had been de infested . now you are pitying the terrans as a zerg broodmother? come on.
04/28/2016 06:27 PMPosted by Deathwing
04/28/2016 06:16 PMPosted by Kelthar

Even so I think blizzard screwed up the zerg characters, they are wishy washy way too much. its like, KILL THE TERRANS! from the broodmother on the first planet kerrigan arrives on after she had been de infested . now you are pitying the terrans as a zerg broodmother? come on.

The issue seems to be is that they forgot to make them amoral, as Zerg (And most swarm-type aliens) should be.

Hopefully, this is done in one of a few very specific ways:
-Something to do with Defenders of Man
-Something to do with Zagara not actually having contacted Valerian and it actually being an elaborate ruse
-Something regarding literally anything but peaceful Zerg

You know, if they actually keep the ball rolling along what they made with NCO

04/28/2016 02:34 PMPosted by Marsaro
So lovely, he left since months, but he's still bitter about us :)

Amazing how untrue some of those statements are.
On one hand, Timothy Zahn.

On the other hand, yeah I'm pretty nervous the Zerg, specifically Zagara, will become too...err...nice. Fingers crossed that Zagara has more sinister motives.
The issue seems to be is that they forgot to make them amoral, as Zerg (And most swarm-type aliens) should be.

Well, zagara's plan to help the terrans was to kill them all, so...

That was probably one of the most zerg like things she said.