Starcraft:Evolution, the butchering continues

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 3 4 5
...That is a list of five reasons.

But I agree with you. Disappointed as I was by Legacy's over-the-top ending, I enjoyed the rest of SC2 and trust Blizzard with a story. Not to mention Timothy Zahn, whose involvement can only mean good things are happening.
Even then, ThisGuy, some of the points don't make much sense in context...

-Nobody really knows about the Voice in the Darkness except the people that were there. And they are now dead. The UED... I'll concede that, they are still a very serious outside threat.

-Nothing ever said explicitly that Kerrigan was terraforming worlds. We only know that it was happening post-Epilogue.

-The Zerg really aren't that vulnerable at any given point. (Even if the UED turned to kill their Overmind after they finished, it probably would have used some method to defend itself unless extremely heavily sedated).

-The Zerg wouldn't become less militant... once they were uplifted it kind of became their prime directive.
I'm willing to give Timothy Zahn a chance (he did write some really good books).

Yes, the SC2 campaign had it's weaknesses. But then so did Broodwar in my eyes (don't want to go into the details here). The original Starcraft (especially Rebel Yell) is still were Starcraft was at it's best IMHO.
Though I thought Legacy of the Void was decent.
The epilogue wasn't that great and a lot of kitsch, but at least it closed the whole story and we are now open for new stories in the Starcraft Universe without the restrictions of trying to fit in an bigger story arc (at least for now).

And the new book descriptions sounds much better:
After nearly a decade of brutal warfare, three mighty factions—the enigmatic protoss, the savage zerg, and the terrans, humanity’s descendants in the sector—have entered a cease-fire, but the peace is tenuous at best. When the sudden restoration of an incinerated planet is brought to light, tensions erupt. Neutrality swings back to hostility, and old enemies are accused of developing biological weapons to reignite the bitter conflict.

An expedition of terran and protoss soldiers and researchers is deployed to investigate the mysterious zerg planet and its inhabitants’ intentions. But the lush alien landscape is host to other denizens, creatures shrouded in shadow, and should they be unleashed, they will change the fate of the entire galaxy.

EDIT: Oops, just seen the date on the last reply previous to mine. Sorry for the threadomancy.
04/29/2016 04:32 PMPosted by Togetic
This synopsis... doesn't even fit with what we're told of the ending? Why would Zagara forcibly take planets if she was dedicated to peace? Why would she be dedicated to peace? Why and how would any zerg NOT be dedicated to peace if their leader was? They're a hivemind, and any zerg broodmother who thinks zagara is weak (Remember, broodmothers must obey the strongest of them, regardless of the strongest broodmother's intentions. What we know of them means they CAN'T just not want to be peaceful and try to undermind zagara through that) would either challenge her outright or take their brood away to make themselves strong enough to do exactly that. The zerg are not underhanded in this weird subersive way

Well then perhaps we'll have to wait and see if it actually is in line with the ending because Zagara is lying to everyone. Seriously people, ever heard of a twist in the story? The dang books not even out yet. In the freaking summary of the book it says neutrality erupts into hostility, that doesn't sound like the Zerg are being too peaceful.
Don't think it'll be bad. If any of you read it(it's out) then rate it!
Don't think it'll be bad!

It isn't, if I were to rate it I'd give it a 7/10.

spoilers:
the zerg are not peaceful, however Zagara attempts to make them
the zerg get psyolisks who can control the psy as the ghosts do, they mess with terran/protoss using the psy
the psyolisks rebuild the planet and then go rogue, they are able to control the zerg units and change them from being charge in head on to having tactics, which causes around 10 templars and 10 dark templars to perish
I haven't finished it yet, but I will update as I do
Zerg evolve, and part of that evolution could be peace so they can survive without killing.. its a new take on them...have an open mind.

plus in like 10 years when Star Craft 3 comes out. A new generation of heroes and villains will come and implode everything.
11/19/2016 07:10 PMPosted by AstrO
spoilers:
the zerg are not peaceful, however Zagara attempts to make them
the zerg get psyolisks who can control the psy as the ghosts do, they mess with terran/protoss using the psy
the psyolisks rebuild the planet and then go rogue, they are able to control the zerg units and change them from being charge in head on to having tactics, which causes around 10 templars and 10 dark templars to perish
I haven't finished it yet, but I will update as I do

Read it. 7/10 all Zahn's magic, -3 because Blizzard's new direction of plot doesn't seem good. Hopefully, we have a good many surprises left
for everybody who was doubting the book, honestly guys cmon you hadnt even read it and you guys were picking it apart, i have read it and it is really interesting, timothy zaun done an excellent job actually, the new characters are awesome, a pyrokenisis ghost, and a protoss nerazim researcher wielding a warp disk, and thats just the start, new units on the rise and new characters too which will be hits among the fandom. It totally makes sense why the zerg are peaceful under zagaras control if u read the book(i really dont want to spoil it), but it doesnt stop evil zerg from arising, and whos to say another zerg force doesnt come along and then it will be zerg v zerg, you will have good and bad sides for all 3 races and at the same time you will have all 3 races allianced, it will be great to not hear amons name ever again also, tedious much. i look forward to the next chapter in starcraft especially if it follows the path its on now! long live adostra
book rating 9/10
Is this real or is it some sort of joke?
04/28/2016 05:30 AMPosted by xer

Overqueen? Seriously?

That the Zerg are living with peace is a bit... Just no. I can understand peace-induced dormancy, but not straight up "peace".

Well, add that to another piece of refused canon.

In case anyone's not keep track:
-This book
-The Epilogue
-The entirety of the Prophecy
-Xel'Naga being Cthuloid and Amon (And friends) uplifting races
-HotS

No WoL? WoL was pretty garbage, too. The ending at least. I just ignore everything after Brood War. It's simpler, and easier to say than making a list.

EDIT: Holy necros, Batman. I didn't realize how dead this subforum is. x_x