Roll 2 Dodge: Thombie Apocalithp

Joeyray's Bar
1 2 3 9 Next
In this thread, players may in their posts Attempt to do things.

An attempt could be anything from trying to Spawn Moar Overlords to eating cake to conquering the earth. All could potentially be fatal, or could make you rich!

I (or another qualified person) will roll a die to determine your level of success.

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Providing example:

Bob:
I attempt to cook a pot of soup.

Roll 1, lethal failure. Bob's soup is so bad that he dies instantly and his body is charred to ashes on the spot. Bob is now ashes: Dead.

Roll 2, failure. Bob's soup tastes awful, so bad he begins vomiting violently. Bob is now Vulnerable.

Roll 3, grey area. Bob eats a bowl of the soup, but it's not appealing. He leaves the rest. Bob is now either Fine or Vulnerable, dependent on magnitude of attempt. Cooking soup is mundane. He is Fine.

Roll 4, success. Bob makes a delicious soup. He eagerly eats it all. Bob is now Fine.

Roll 5, great success. Bob's soup is so good he opens a soup restaurant, which is immediately successful. Bob is Good.

Roll 6, extreme success. Bob's soup is fantastic! It raises his psionic index by 2 and gives him eternal life. Bob is Great.

You may get tags from actions. THis is what they mean. Keep in mind that I might not enforce them if I take pity on you, get irritated by you, or am simply too lazy.

Tag scale:

Exiled - out of the game unless someone specifically summons him. Cannot roll.

Dead - could be revived accidentally or on purpose. -2 to all rolls.

Injured - not in the best shape. -1 to all rolls.

Vulnerable - off balance. -1 to Dodges.

Fine - nothing wrong here.

Good - feels pretty good. +1 to all rolls.

Great - things are going very well. +2 to all rolls.

Giddy - sick with happiness. +3 to non-Dodge rolls.

Prepared - ready for anything. +2 to Dodges.

Godlike - SOMEBODY STOP HIM! +3 to all rolls. Cannot be Killed, Exiled, or Injured.

All players begin Fine. If higher than Fine, will lose one rank each turn. If lower, action must be taken to raise rank.

If someone Attempts to do something nasty to you, you have to Roll 2 Dodge. The die will be rolled for you to determine how much damage you suffer, if any.

In addition to being a qualified operator of the Dice of Power, I also represent the Celestial Court, to which you can appeal if you are Exiled for a couple of turns or if you feel you've been wronged.

Qualified Rollers: The Original Trio
Zanon
KnarledOne
Animus

ShadowFury *tentative*

*Note that each roller may use a variant of the rules.

Anyone else who thinks they have what it takes may apply to the Celestial Court for a chance at Rolling the Dice. If "we" like your work you could become qualified.

Make your Attempts.
The World of Roll 2 Dodge

The following events take place in the star system of Alko'halix, a system far from the hustle and bustle of Jin'rall Deschosh-1. Once, it was ruled over by a benevolent Emperor, Zanon. A great war with ZarKane's Cyborg Legions and the Dread Cookie Hordes of the Knarled Lord Knaurlon reduced the system to a Dark Age.

Years later, many factions have arisen from the ashes. The main world, Djo'e-Rais, is beset by swarms of the dead, all of whom are afflicted with terrifying speech impediments. The sinister Xer has taken control of a small portion of the undead horde, along with some survivors and wandering moldy cookies, and is performing experiments too horrific to contemplate.

The former capital of the system, the space station-city of Barville, hangs in ruin above Djo'e-Rais' haunted landscape. However, inspiring broadcasts from the Glorious Emperor, who survived the Dark Age, have united the survivors, who rejoice as the mighty IFS Warfield bears their erstwhile leader home.

The Knarled Lord has also reawakened. Unable to regain immediate control of his lost hordes, he has raised an army of Crumbwraiths from a population of hapless Space Muppets. Now he seeks to regain control of Djo'e-Rais.

The planet of Marg Ar'itavil, once home to prosperous salt mines and a slave rebellion, has been abandoned after a devastating bombardment. Rebel leader CrymsonRaven, joined by mysterious warrior Kirathel, has relocated to an old mining station in the asteroid belt, from whence he runs his new organization: Sectorwatch, a union of bold heroes and mercenaries. Sectorwatch has allied with Emperor Zanon to fight a new threat: The Overmind, who commands his Ravenous Swarm from a previously undiscovered world at the system's edge. Lumamaster, trapped on that planet with him, has managed to survive despite the best efforts of the Zerg... but now the beast turn their gaze towards the rest of Alko'Halix.

Ever since a failed attack on Lumamaster by ETPwnHome, Lord of the Dead, the denizens of the Underworld - resting place of the Dead - have been silent. Now ThisGuy has perished and sent to those shadowed halls... but what will he find?

A new age of heroes has begun...
I search the system for a planet that is unconquered, but sustains life.
OOC: I found the topic :)

IC: I attempt to equip the RBFG I acquired earlier.

OOC: Edited
Godlike? Damn...

I'm not even sure what to do, now. Ah, here we go...

Using my acquired forces, I begin the construction of a base and more importantly, a psychic dominator.

(Edit: In case you need to know what will be built, more or less; mentalomega.com/index.php?page=epsilon_structures)

I figured I'd just quote my old post so that the roller of the Dice of Power won't have to go sifting through the old thread.
07/05/2016 06:13 AMPosted by Kirathel

IC: I attempt to take out Zarkun's ship, with the aid of the Sectorwatch heroes gathered alongside me.

I. am. not. on. a. ship. I'm in the base you stole biological weapons from. There hasn't even been another roll yet.
Ok, some of these actions were taken in the previous thread.

Zarkun
Realizing my error, I order the base defenses powered up.

6 Extreme Success
You no longer feel vulnerable. In fact, you feel pretty Good.

xer
Using my acquired forces, I begin the construction of a base and more importantly, a psychic dominator.

2 +3(Godlike) = 5 Great Success
That was hard work. You built everything exactly as you wanted it, but any more strenuous activity would have cost you your Godlike status. Xer feels Godlike.

Lumamaster
I attempt to locate any nearby source of life.

3 Grey Area
Well... There are Zerg here. Do they count?

CrymsonRaven
I send the order to Kirathel to collect the best heroes and agents Sectorwatch has to offer to go and snuff out the ZarKane.

Kirathel
IC: I follow Raven's orders, and attempt to gather and attack ZarKane with a group of the top-tier Sectorwatch agents.

6 +2(Great)+1(Orders) = 9 OVERSUCCESS MarkIII
Roll(6) No Explosion Occurs.

Zarkun must Roll 2 Dodge!
1+1(Good) = 2 Failure

Difference of Seven points on an opposed roll... I'm not sure if that has happened before or not. Regardless, here is what happens... IN CINEMATIC MODE!!!

After a failed attempt by the Zarkane to activate hidden units in Sectorwatch HQ, Sectorwatch commander Kirathel leads a force of elite agents to the Zarkane Base!

Zarkun, knowing attack is imminent orders that all base defenses be powered up. Zarkane forces man defensive positions throughout the base, confident in their leader. Sectorwatch ships warp in mere minutes after the base is brought to full alert and begin an orbital bombardment.

If that had been all, it is possible things would have gone differently. If a flash of tactical brilliance, Kirathel and his elite agents hide their orbital drop in a particularly dense bombardment, and land with no one the wiser.

Then the attack begins.
    Sectorwatch Agents (2) find the Zarkane (5) to be more than worthy opponents, and suffer casualties. Then Kirathel takes the field. Zarkane fall in droves before the heavy weapons mounted on his MECH-Suit. The injured Sectorwatch agents (5) rally behind their leader and proceed to attack the Zarkane forces. The Zarkane (6) hold the line valiantly, flesh and metal working in perfect harmony. Alas, their numbers are insufficient. In less than an hour Kirathel is in the command room, where Zarkun sits in his command chair, unwilling to beg for his life.

As all heroes are obligated to, Kirathel grants Zarkun a swift and honorable death. Knowing their master has fallen, the remaining Zarkane on the base strategically withdraw.

And now the Results:
The surviving Zarkane are now the Zarkane Elite Guard!
  • These minions gain +1 on independent actions.
  • The surviving Sectorwatch Agents are now the Sectorwatch Elite!
  • These minions gain +1 on independent actions.
  • Zarkun is Dead!

Kirathel is Godlike! SOMEBODY STOP HIM!

This concludes the rolls for the old thread. The next set will be rolls from THIS thread.
    To clarify the 'Elite Minions':
    They are non-replaceable. If they perish, you no longer have elite minions.
    They only have a +1 when acting without a player in their squad.
    You can not divide them into two (or more) groups.

07/05/2016 12:06 AMPosted by ShadowFury
    I search the system for a planet that is unconquered, but sustains life.

No Status Found on last several pages.
    Resetting. ShadowFury is Alive and Fine.
    2 Failure
    Nope. Everything appears to be either claimed or inhospitable.
    You feel Fine instead of vulnerable because of the reset.

07/05/2016 06:13 AMPosted by Kirathel

IC: I attempt to equip the RBFG I acquired earlier.

OOC: Edited

You have already taken an action. Turns out that all you needed for the assault was a standard issue BFG instead of the RBFG.

07/06/2016 08:24 AMPosted by ThisGuy
    Clethber: Dick around in the exile Void.

Uh, you can't do that, Cleth, you can't role, remember?

(IC) "Oh. So, I am basically unable to do anything whatsoever?"

Yep.

(IC) "Isn't that a fate worse than death?"

Yep.

The void hungers...

Overmind
    The Overmind draws ever nearer.
    Action: I send the command codes to the space station-city of Barville ordering the launch of the Home-Fleet. We will not be able to fight the Zerg threat without firepower.
    The Cinematic Mode was a nice touch... If that can be included in future decisive conflicts or moments such as that, that would be very interesting.

Anyway...

Using psychic senses, I attempt to locate the nearest and largest faction under any control.
    OOC:...I'm beginning to think that I am not mean to win PvP in anything.

I attempt to find the portal back to the land of the living.
    Well, damn. I suppose my back-up option will have to be to find a way to build funds. So... to the gladiator arenas! Wherever they may be. They should exist. Everyone loves good ol' blood sports.
    Obtain a permit to open a medicinal dispensary.

07/07/2016 02:54 PMPosted by Zanon
    Action: I send the command codes to the space station-city of Barville ordering the launch of the Home-Fleet. We will not be able to fight the Zerg threat without firepower.

The signal is received and the station city of Barville obeys your orders. Your Home-fleet will be ready for action after 1 more roll.

Zarkun
    OOC:...I'm beginning to think that I am not mean to win PvP in anything.

I attempt to find the portal back to the land of the living.

You find the portal.

It is guarded by 2 Cyborg-demons. They look pretty angry.

I mean, it's better than being exiled right? I'm taking some pity on you.

Cyborg-demon gets a +1 defense to any attempts to sneak behind the portal.\

07/07/2016 04:03 PMPosted by ShadowFury
    Well, damn. I suppose my back-up option will have to be to find a way to build funds. So... to the gladiator arenas! Wherever they may be. They should exist. Everyone loves good ol' blood sports.

You are victorious in your matches at the gladiator arenas! You have obtained credits from your earnings! Would you like to ascend to become a champion or retire early?!
    IC: We have prevailed! Your actions today will not be forgotten, and this day shall reign in history evermore!

After encouraging the troops, I attempt to lock down the base, and make contact with Raven, telling him of our victory.

OOC: Edited my profile pic to better match my in-game image as an armored titan :)
    I risk my current earnings on the stock market. Once that is done, I return to the arenas to further my career.
    Knowing that demons don't always attack first, I attempt to find out what's wrong that they're so angry.
    OOC: Errr.. I notice that I am now one roll behind. If this situation could be fixed shortly, that would be excellent.
    I attempt to travel to a different and possibly inhabited planet.