remove tankivac ability + rant

General Discussion
The mobility is what makes tanks good in LotV. Without them, they would be trash. So either remove the tankivac and buff the siege tank or leave them as it is. The balance team doesn't want to do the former so we're stuck with the latter.
06/29/2016 03:44 PMPosted by Raver
The mobility is what makes tanks good in LotV. Without them, they would be trash. So either remove the tankivac and buff the siege tank or leave them as it is. The balance team doesn't want to do the former so we're stuck with the latter.

The era where they were testing buffing the siege cannon to 60 vs armored was sweet yet brief.
06/29/2016 09:06 PMPosted by Doncroft

The era where they were testing buffing the siege cannon to 60 vs armored was sweet yet brief.

It would of been best if they never tested it to begin with. To offer something and quickly take it away is way worse than never offering it at all.
Tank should be given a buster jump to move short range while siege(20sec cd), then remove tankivac! It will solve the problem. I like how tank can jump off to avoid surround.
you know...there's a very good chance for an LOL if a High Templar feedbacks a tankivac...and both units get dropped into the toilet in space...
06/24/2016 01:58 PMPosted by Leonydus
06/24/2016 01:56 PMPosted by KimJongUn
No. It's clearly liberator harassment that zerg struggles with.

Because making a spore or 2 by each mineral line is so hard to do.
well if zerg has to make 2 spores per liberator think about it. thats 125 per spore crawler, so now if we make 2 spores that is now 250 per base, typically at that time zerg is on 3 base, so now its 750total for 3 bases. and by the way include loss mining time of those drones we had to make as spores. and just incase you think my math is wrong,
6Drones = 300mineral
6spores = 450mineral
and now include the 6drones with loss mining time which would be enough to help mine out those 3 bases. so, please check your logic before saying something so stupid. 1liberator = 150/150

remove the tankivac and buff the overall damage then, no1 except terran likes it because they are so stupidly overpowered.
Tankivacs are only going to get removed if something changes with the Ravager, otherwise you could just max out on Roach Ravager and insta-win. Tankivacs are the only thing holding Zerg back from those types of pushes.

You might say "just open Hellion Banshee vs. Roach" but with the Spore Crawler/Queen AA buffs it's difficult to deal any counter-attack damage. And something like 2 Port Banshee is laughable against Roach Nydus with Queens.

I think most Terrans are willing to accept a Tankivac removal and Liberator AG nerf, but only in exchange for a Ravager nerf and Ultralisk armor nerf. Terran mid-game and Zerg ZvT late-game are both kinda ridiculous right now.

Fix them both and everybody would be happy. No flying tanks or OP Ultras.
I don't have the micro or mutlitasking yet to be good with tankivacs ( I hardly use them at all) but they are pretty necessary vs zerg. The Zerg player can produce roach/ravager faster than terran can produce marine/marauder so the tankivacs are needed to even out the odds.

A damage buff to tanks wasn't solving any problems unless it was an even bigger boost which would lead to the turtle