Zerg Tier 1 overlord drop moved to Lair

General Discussion
Hey, I am gonna try to not sound biased, because right now I am really frustrated about meeting the same strategy from Zerg every game!

Tier 1 Overlord drop is a really "cool" mechanic which got added in LOTV which can put a Zerg really far ahead early game without too much investment.

However facing this strategy 15-20 times a day is not what I would call "fun" nor good practice, I really like to get to mid-game - late game to improve my macro mechanics which LOTV is all about right??

Then again when I face Zergs I need to blind counter this build as a protoss, and even if I blind counter it sometimes 1 mistake is enough to lose the game and if they don't go for that specific build I am still behind. Because I invested so much into blind countering it.

Moving Overlord drop to Lair tech will promote more "fun" and enjoyable games for those who don't cheese every game. And for those who really wants to improve their mid to late game.

Playing ladder right now is really frustrating because of this little to no cost investment for Zerg.

So I'd love it if we could try a balance map where we move Overlord drop to Lair tech.

Terrans are also finding this really frustrating, because Zerg has so many choices when it comes to all ins/harrassment nowadays!

To all the Zergs out there, I know you will down vote this, because who doesn't like freewins? =D

TLDR: Please try a balance map with Overlord drop moved to Lair.
Yes zerg has so many all ins that they are just getting free wins left and right. Oh wait.
Invincible nydus worm, queen roach ravager all in, ling drop, baneling drop, proxy hatch, queen drop with lings the list goes on..
07/02/2016 04:31 PMPosted by Instinctz
Yes zerg has so many all ins that they are just getting free wins left and right. Oh wait.

4/5 in pro league isn't bad at all that's 80%
Try clicking harder on your Pylons.
07/02/2016 04:42 PMPosted by Autumnflame
07/02/2016 04:31 PMPosted by Instinctz

4/5 in pro league isn't bad at all that's 80%

And despite going 4 for 5 on 1 day zerg still has a 40% winrate in cross race matchups overall. Oh. And how is gsl and ssl looking?
there is reason you call it blind countering : you dimply don't scout.

in which case you should be always aware the enemy can play unorthodox strats and when you play normal you gonna be suprised if that stuff happened.

i wonder if you your barcode char has any relation to RuFF or if he should file a copyright infringement at that post, this one is almost as the same RuFF posted some days ago but now with protoss and without an good example when those supposedly magical supertiming will hit your stuff, so we can't debunk that timing ...

However facing this strategy 15-20 times a day is not what I would call "fun" nor good practice, I really like to get to mid-game - late game to improve my macro mechanics which LOTV is all about right??

so you speak of that season's overall percentage of cheese play, are you ? would you please check all this seasons replay in how many games there was cheese ? i consatnly get cr, offraxed or the simple zergcheese which isn't that unusual anymore but the percentage in that games is risen this season to unproportional heights, everone wants to reach some heights before the season ends and cheese play will grant that wish for the most parts

since i can't determine on which server you normaly play facing this dropverlord strat 15-20 times a day on a profile that has 60 games atm in this season on NA seems a little overexagerated, given the nature that this account is a fairly new on in terms of 142 total career games must assume it is a smurf of some sort ...

Invincible nydus worm, queen roach ravager all in, ling drop, baneling drop, proxy hatch, queen drop with lings the list goes on..

canon rush, delayed cannon rush with photon overcharge, proxy gateway, proxy stargate, adept immo allin, PICA, DT , airtoss w/o mothership, oracles openings, defending base by pylon overcharge alone, no staticD or forces involved ...

i could also write down a list what bull!@#$ can toss can and will play and all of that needs atleast to be scouted for proper reaction, if you choose not to that you simply deserve to be surpised by such crap

so you claim you are a master protoss (or more i deduct that by your current ladder and league place)and you face that overlord drop 15-20 times a day and still aren't able to figure out that you could and prolly should change something instead crying for a change ballance wise, i have actually have a problem to believe that is a the way masters should react because that play don't fit into his personal preference build so ballance must change

it sounds like "i am master because i was lucky enough overlord drops wasn't a thing when i reached here so pweease blizzard make that not a thing so i can stay masters " ...

side note : we need a zergthread of the same structure and the same arguments against hatchdropverlords in a zvz scenario, that would be ridicules and would make the nonsense argument complete
hahahah I love this!
07/02/2016 11:06 PMPosted by RoachRider
there is reason you call it blind countering : you dimply don't scout.

Pretty much this. Fast Evo Chamber is pretty much a giveaway that Dropperlord is coming.

http://ggtracker.com/matches/6717731

Badly executed attack... or decent defense? You decide. In any case, I got "Protoss OP" message after this. XD