How to beat early 3 base Zerg?

Protoss Discussion
Since LoTV I realized that I didn't really win zerg at all when they go for 3 base early...

When I see 3 base greedy build, I go 2nd base and try go oracle but there was nothing done because the timing for scouting stargate was accurate. If I go 2 adept harras they just use lings to def. If I macro up 3rd base they just get 4th and banking minerals for all in.

I see a lot of youtube protoss ppls play but IDK why they can def... So pls help me get out of this endless losing cycle~
I cannon rush Zerg players that do that. I found even if you gateway first and pylon scout you should be able to get a forge to complete your wall minus a zealot. Throw down a pylon and two cannons at their hatch and move onto the next hatch.

Only thing they can do to defend is pull drones since they went 15 Hatch and have no Pool for lings. If they pull drones and the cannons won't finish in time just cancel them or you can pylon block them with some micro.

It's not something I would do if they don't 15 hatch because your forgoing your expansion.
I do a IAC timing to hit before lurkers pop out, but you might be able to pull off a 1-base 6gate.
07/13/2016 10:17 AMPosted by noobtastic
I cannon rush Zerg players that do that. I found even if you gateway first and pylon scout you should be able to get a forge to complete your wall minus a zealot. Throw down a pylon and two cannons at their hatch and move onto the next hatch.

Only thing they can do to defend is pull drones since they went 15 Hatch and have no Pool for lings. If they pull drones and the cannons won't finish in time just cancel them or you can pylon block them with some micro.

It's not something I would do if they don't 15 hatch because your forgoing your expansion.

So, what you meant is get first gateway and scout, if they going 3rd expand straight go forge and not expand and prox pylon ready for cannon?

What if I play on 4 players map?? The timing for cannon at natural might lose if not lucky, and they can just concerning def 3rd only if I cannon there.
07/13/2016 11:15 AMPosted by Desta
So, what you meant is get first gateway and scout, if they going 3rd expand straight go forge and not expand and prox pylon ready for cannon?

What if I play on 4 players map?? The timing for cannon at natural might lose if not lucky, and they can just concerning def 3rd only if I cannon there.

No... Pylon, Gateway, Forge.

By the time the forge is complete your pylon behind their mineral line of their exspansion should be complete with your probe standing by to lay down two cannons.

Place the pylon in a spot where you can utilize it to pylon block the drones if they figure it out.

Either creep starts to lay or your cannons complete send your probe to check for 3rd and ninja expansions. Don't bother scouting their base since the queen wil kill your probe.

On 4 player maps...
Plyon scout furthest spawning location.
Forge... Scout closest
Only way for it to work on bigger maps like Invader LE.

From there I'll throw down a total of two gates, cyber and adept scout. You can almost immediately go into Robo/Immortal because Mutas off one base is laughable. But I don't because I like to be ready for the Nydus.

I don't expand relatively fast either after this because I used to and if get crushed by Roach/Ravager. You shouldn't have to either since you've literally sacrificed 50 minerals per their exspansion to keep them on one base.
Adept harass is your answer. Follow up with a quick 3rd base.
08/08/2016 03:48 AMPosted by Tennishot
Adept harass is your answer. Follow up with a quick 3rd base.
Lol
fast two zealot with msc. warp two pylons near for overcharge wherever you want to attack, try to wall up. And Keep producing zealots.
For protoss: I noticed if its a close game the person who makes the third base dies quickly. The third base is like a speed bump because you might have to skip making units (maybe 5 gateway warps) and the person who does it does dies unless he does it correctly. If a zerg goes 3 bases as soon as the game starts they should die. If they do it sooner than usual you just have to put them on the defensive and kill them. I usually do 5 gateway 1 robot facility or starport (if i think i can sneak an oracle to their drones when distracted or no spore air defense) on 2 bases. Starport is better to be a surprise oracle then voids mid game later on, because hydralisks will gun voids them down if you use void rays.

You can 2 fast zealot his second base and kill drones like guy said above. So conclusion: In general try to gun him down with 5 gateways 1 robot facility. Stalkers mainly, with a few zealots and an immortal or 2 and maybe 1-3 sentrys to force shield roach missile or to block off zerglings that try to surround your stalkers and have immortal and zealots tank the queens because if hes quick expand he might be defending with queens and spine-crawerls so immortal will shield damage even if its just 1 when the first one comes.
DTs

=)
Cannon rush. That, or 8gate adepts.
Truth is you can't REALLY push 3hatch anymore. Best bet is opening 2gate, and then massing adept for an early-mid game push.

But then zergs will just balance whine on forums how the adept is op, and god knows we might end up with another nerf so why bother?

Uber greed and die to a timing attack? It has to be an because a unit is too strong right?