Community Feedback Update 7/15

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
this is absolutely terrible. the direction gets worse and worse and worse. the queen buff was rushed out, and poorly considered. the impact of the spore+queen buff is absolutely ridiculous.

meanwhile nobody gives a !@#$ about ravager abuse and tanks being a soft counter. the ladder has exploded with bull%^-* from zerg.

the new maps are every single one atrocious, and i can't believe dusk towers was removed. there is no longer a standard macro map. this does not go along with your last stated goal of having standard maps. theres a stupid gimmick on every map. gold bases are terrible, wide open naturals, thirds, and fourths are incredibly stupid and zerg favored.
terran is literally !@#$ on from every single direction always.

i wouldn't even care enough to stop playing but the map pool is the least fun ive had in starcraft ever. those mapmakers are out of touch and everyone hates their ideas.

prepare for the worst season (probably two or more) of foreign tournaments and korean starcraft leagues. it will probably be so bad that proleague will be gone by season two of 2017. maps and balance are so bad that the casters even make comments about it.

did anything spectacularly insightful come from this stupid summit? did someone work up the courage to say ultralisks are stupid as %^-* and need an armor nerf if we are all too lazy to give zergs a T3 component that fits and performs well with LBM???. ravagers are cancer
nerfing the shields and the hp is a pretty bad solution. it isn't the HP of the prism that's the problem, the problem is that you can't catch it.

i never understand the reasoning behind buffing the speed when there's literally already a speed upgrade for the thing. reduce the speed, then the problem with the warp prism will go away.

buffing the queen was overkill too by the way. there was literally no reason for a double buff, you need to revert the queen range and just buff the spore crawler root time. you're basically just forcing terran players to 2 base all in every game since there's no real viable option to keep the drone count low.

i've played random race starcraft for 18 years if that means anything.
I don't have any opinion on the wp nerf since I'm a pretty noob protoss (I have trouble controlling my protoss units like warp prisms as it is), so I guess personally I'm against it, but I can see how this is a reasonable change at the higher levels of play. I just hope that a warp prism can still survive a widow mine shot if it's health is nerfed.
07/15/2016 11:46 AMPosted by MisterL

Run into fungal? dead
Run into burrowed banes? dead
Run into banes/storm unsplit? dead
Not watching your army when a disruptor is close? dead
Not watching your mineral line as banelings/mines drop? dead
Flying over a mine with a warpprism? No !@#$s given

You nicely summed up some of the reasons why I don't care for this game anymore. I think it's sad these frustrating mechanics are what passes for "fun gameplay" these days. And now even more may be added :(
Fundamental design changes, please.
this is it?

wow
No mention of mech? Seriously? Remember when you first unveiled lotv and the cyclone and talked about how you wanted mech to be a viable composition?
07/15/2016 12:12 PMPosted by Ancient
No, Widow Mine won't need a nerf. Why would it be wrong for a Widow Mine to be able to take down a poorly controlled Warp Prism that could literally warp an army into another person's base?

Mayby, because don't need contol WM generally?

Ok, if u want inta kill WP by WM, then WM must be used in hand. If WM will not controlled by player, it's will dealt only half damage to WP.

P.S: why i can't edit my post on firefox? "Good job"...

Or you can just control your Warp Prism better and not mindlessly throw it in the opponent's base and mass warp an army. You know, pay attention to your things so they don't run into an Widow Mine.

Then all of a sudden, the Widow Mine is no longer a problem because you managed to not fly into it!

As far as the Widow Mine deal goes with the Warp Prism, just be mindful of the possibility of Widow Mines and just don't fly over them. They stick out like a sore thumb if you know what to look for, especially the red laser.
07/15/2016 01:09 PMPosted by McNasty
welp this was a disappointing update considering you had the "biggest community summit ever".

To be fair, he did mention that they will go over it in the course of following weeks. So there should be more for them to go over as time passes.

07/15/2016 01:15 PMPosted by Somebody
Was I the only one that thought DK would talk about a balance test map to go live early next week and have the following changes?

-Widowmine: Can no longer attack workers.

-Oracle: DPS vs workers reduced.

-Tempest: Supply increased to 6.

-Ultralisk: Armor reduced to 6.

These would honestly be some very nice changes.
The warp prism is a problem not because it's fast, but because it totally negates defenders advantage, in both pushes and drops.

When a Zerg or Terran drops or even nyduses, it's important to send the right number of units to deal with it, but not to overdo it. Send too many, and you weaken another front that can be exploited. This is why so many ladder Protosses have such a problem with medivac drops: they keep their entire army on a hotkey and bring it alllll over to defend, allowing the main Terran force to kill a Nexus somewhere.

The Warp Prism requires and "over-reaction." If you send only enough to deal with the drop itself, they may eventually clean it up but will then face a round of 7 or 8 warp ins while they themselves are already suffering from attrition. A good Protoss bringing a Warp Prism in nearly guarantees damage, either in the drop location or on some other front, whichever the Terran or Zerg chooses to defend with less.
"some of those who attended have reached out to say that the Queen buff is working so well that a Warp Prism change may not be necessary from the ZvP angle."

Glad ZvP will be fine, unlike TvP. But i guess thats okay. Instead of reverting the queenrange and keeping the "stimmed" spore and reduce the warprism's health so all races benefit from it would be too much logic. The late game for zerg has been buffed even more with the range, killed a lot of builds for terran. But thats seems fine. Warprims pickup range is still stupid and is incredible annoying for the defender and feels gimmicky. The warprism is already a fast unit on its own to be annoying enough, for JUST MINERALS.

*Tempest still 4 supply
*nydus that cant be killed
*vipers hardcounter the counter to vipers
*adept shade cooldown starts directly, and not after the ability is done like with every other unit in the game
*after the shade it resets the attack timer as well
*Stasis ward, a free spell, doesnt expire in the game.
*mech still crap
*etc. etc.

8 Months since the release of LOTV, and we still discussing the same things over and over again.
That was incredibly underwhelming lol
07/15/2016 03:05 PMPosted by Ikaruga
"some of those who attended have reached out to say that the Queen buff is working so well that a Warp Prism change may not be necessary from the ZvP angle."

Glad ZvP will be fine, unlike TvP. But i guess thats okay. Instead of reverting the queenrange and keeping the "stimmed" spore and reduce the warprism's health so all races benefit from it would be too much logic. The late game for zerg has been buffed even more with the range, killed a lot of builds for terran. But thats seems fine. Warprims pickup range is still stupid and is incredible annoying for the defender and feels gimmicky. The warprism is already a fast unit on its own to be annoying enough, for JUST MINERALS.

*Tempest still 4 supply
*nydus that cant be killed
*vipers hardcounter the counter to vipers
*adept shade cooldown starts directly, and not after the ability is done like with every other unit in the game
*after the shade it resets the attack timer as well
*Stasis ward, a free spell, doesnt expire in the game.
*mech still crap
*etc. etc.

8 Months since the release of LOTV, and we still discussing the same things over and over again.

...and literally NOTHGING is happening.

it'S disgusting. the problems are so obvious. any hobby modder could fix this game design wise using the editor in like 2 hours.
(there are actually A LOT of balance mods out there)

Fix design, balance afterwards. get a PTR, collect feedback on large scale.

testmaps don't do sh*t

we need PTR
There was a heavy emphasis on how we should not overreact with changes because even pros don’t know what the exact effects of the changes are.

This is why the focus of the design team should be the overall direction of the game, how it feels, and how it plays, rather than be concerned with tweaking the balance.

Balance will always change over time, and players have more of an impact on game balance than patches do. I would rather see the team focused on questions regarding design, like "is it good to have units that can do a lot of damage to worker lines?" etc.
07/15/2016 11:57 AMPosted by sickzee
REMOVE GOLD MINERALS FROM MAP FFS BLIZZARD

Why in your opinion are gold bases bad? How could they be improved?

I generally prefer to stick to a gold base = risky base formula. Not a fan of "free" gold bases.
07/15/2016 03:59 PMPosted by AVEX
07/15/2016 11:57 AMPosted by sickzee
REMOVE GOLD MINERALS FROM MAP FFS BLIZZARD

Why in your opinion are gold bases bad? How could they be improved?

I generally prefer to stick to a gold base = risky base formula. Not a fan of "free" gold bases.

This is a good formula. I think the problem is that Blizzard is either a fan of "free" gold bases, or doesn't understand how to make them risky business.

The one on Ruins of Endion between the two mains was actually a decent example of how to do it right. The one on Dasan Station is okayish.. it's a bit too easy, but on the other hand as MarineLord demonstrated it's also not the safest place for harvesters.

The one on Apotheosis is simply too easy for a Zerg to take early.
Zerg are currently dominating with the return of Broodlord Infestor and you decide to nerf the weakest race protoss what is going on?
This is BS still.....Ultras late game and nydus....so many things wrong

How do I get a refund so I put that money towards another RTS game....
And after another 3 month we get another change done by random number generator. I really hoping that this feedback show us radical changes to give game some growth potencial, but no we get another minor tweak that probably not even get to the game like many empty talks from "feedback". 2 days of summit when they talk about ? What they actually talk about there ?
I like the map changes discussed.

As someone who plays mainly Terran I try to place a bunker between my natural and ramp into the main. This allows to to cover the ramp pretty easy and a portion of my mining. One thing I noticed however is the gas is located furthest from the main and become pretty hard to keep safe.

I also think it is a little too easy in in TvT for a one base player to siege up around the back door area and snipe the base of someone who has expanded. At that point in the game it is hard to defend the main which has a lot of drop space and simultaneously worry about the other side of the natural close to the back entrance.

To be perfectly honest I never played Dasan Station and will probably never give it a chance but the idea of your army being stuck outside and unable to enter the center (or the other way around) makes sense.