StarCraft Universe Open Beta Release

General Discussion
Upheaval Arts is Proud to commence the launch of StarCraft Universe!

Cinematic Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKnhnNIfDZA
Gameplay Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7pVSqfCFps
Indiegogo - https://igg.me/at/SCU

OPEN BETA ZONES CURRENTLY ON BATTLE.NET

SC Universe: Prologue 1 (Singleplayer Basic Tutorial)
SC Universe: Prologue 2 (Multiplayer Basic Raid)
SC Universe: Prologue 3 (Singleplayer Ship Tutorial)
SC Universe: Beyond Koprulu (Limited Open Beta)

Over five years ago, myself, a creative developer, and Philipp Meyer, a brilliant programmer, began developing a ‘World of StarCraft’ prototype using the StarCraft II Engine. Neither of us knew of each other’s projects, until one day we discovered one another and joined forces to build a small team, beginning work on what we wanted to be the biggest mod ever made… Not just a mod. A game. A complete transformation of the way StarCraft was played; Something the entire Blizzard community dreamed of for years.

We wanted to combine the third person action RPG elements of World of WarCraft, the combat mechanics of Diablo, and the starship mechanics of FTL with the StarCraft setting. We wanted the game to be completely voice acted with a unique story, custom art assets, and a fresh musical score. We wanted it to open with a breathtaking CG cinematic, inspired by Blizzard Entertainment’s dedication to high production values.

And so our small group set out to do what many said we were crazy to do, what others said we would never finish, and what some said we would completely fail at… But there were those throughout the globe who believed in us, backed us, and bought us the time we needed to deliver on our promises.

Today we announce the Open Beta of StarCraft Universe: Beyond Koprulu, and the full launch slated to release one month from now! We don’t own the intellectual property on StarCraft, so we cannot sell SCU, but we ask those who are able and enjoy what we’ve done, to back us on Indiegogo, a platform endorsed by Blizzard for community developers to receive donations.

To all those who believed in us and helped us along the way, we say thank you. SCU would not have been possible without you. We look forward to seeing you all… in the worlds… of StarCraft.
Great! Thank you very much for making this!

Edit: Can't find the Prologue 2 in Arcade. Could you give a link?
It has been almost too long, it seems.

When I first saw SC:U, I was quite excited about some of the included elements and such.

When I first played SC:U, I was excited you delivered.

Then there was the wait, and I had thought that the project was abandoned or something.

Congratulations on making it this far.
holy crap, you actually completed it! I remember the alpha beta where it was just a dark templar with special abilities and it was really bugged. You guys have come a long way.

Prepare to get hired at some point.
I am afraid BLizz will oversleep this one again as it happen with Dota 1 and Sotis. You guys will popularize the idea of Cosmos universe and a clever company will take over the idea to create AAA game out of it.
Sweet dreams Blizz.
07/27/2016 02:55 PMPosted by StimToWin
I am afraid BLizz will oversleep this one again as it happen with Dota 1 and Sotis. You guys will popularize the idea of Cosmos universe and a clever company will take over the idea to create AAA game out of it.
Sweet dreams Blizz.

Who knows. I'm actually surprised Blizzard hasn't bought out the naming rights for 'starcraft universe' because I remember when this "mod" was first introduced it was "taken care of" by blizzard.

The game is impressive. Not my imaginative way of making starcraft universe, but impressive nonetheless.
My regards and respect to MODers for a hard work.
Admittedly I haven't tried it yet but my biggest concern is that the game will be full of magic crap, unexplained physics and mysterious story telling aka prophesies.
I wouldn't get over myself if it is WoW in cosmos all over again.
You guys rock. Can't wait to try this out.
Awesome news to hear and good to know you developed past the point i played that mod last time ... ages ago ^^

gonna take some rides with some clan buddies who are eager to play such mods :D

congratz for your endurance and thanx for your patience so far, i hope you archive the things you wanted to make and stuff

*dances in joy*
Jesus that looks awesome. That cinematic was amazing too.
big Gratz to you and the team Upheaval Arts! will try and give feedback as much as I can
EPIC !!! hope to see this soon!!
So I just googled it... Is all of this dank in the SCII arcade ? What you made is pretty cool and I sure hope Blizzard helps you make a real big game with this !
This game is awesome. Please play it.
Wow, simply wow...
This needs some bumps. Great job guys developing this you should be working for blizzard.

FYI Blizzard if your there....
If there was an official version of this put out by blizzard basically a SC version of WOW id buy it and sub in a heart beat.
Amazing mod! Cant wait for the 20 planets and arena! Truly epic. It makes me want to see this game as a AAA in a fully rendered MMORPG. What a great universe you have created so far. Everything feels epic and intense. Great idea on vehicles too! A+
07/27/2016 11:00 PMPosted by TankMyster
Jesus that looks awesome. That cinematic was amazing too.
Yeah! just hope our characters don't get reset when the beta ends.
07/28/2016 11:52 PMPosted by Nolanstar
Yeah! just hope our characters don't get reset when the beta ends.

There's a post from a dev on their reddit page saying they will not do a reset
holy hell, i remember when i used to play this a couple years ago, and i was all like "this is pretty sweet", but now I'm awestrucked, i never thought it would look this cool, and i thought it was already looking like pretty cool to begin with :P