Adept Nerf

General Discussion
Although there are several dozen examples of mono-Adept compositions outright winning professional level games this year, I'd like to reference the most recent example in the SSL semi finals of Dark vs Classic. In the games that Classic makes mass adept in the early to mid game, he wins convincingly, despite having no economic or supply advantage over his opponent. In the games that he does not make mass Adepts, he loses. Massing a single unit type should not be able to win a pro level game of starcraft. Rather balance should favor unit complexity, composition, and the ability of the player to handle as much micro as possible.

There are many other games in SPL, GSL, SSL and WCS in 2016 that show that all races have a very hard time holding off mass adept pushes, even without having a supply/economic disadvantage before the attack happens. I and a lot of other players believe that a nerf is needed and that the Adept takes away from the complexity and watchability of Starcraft 2. What that nerf is I leave to the brilliant minds of Blizzard, but an HP reduction or cost increase seem to be the simplest solutions.

Thanks GG GL HF
It's not just Dark vs Classic. I feel like I've been watching these boring, repetitive Adept games all month. Dreamhack, GSL, SSL. Enough is enough already. They are not fun or cool units.

These units need to be toned down. If not for balance sake, then for fun sake. And the Shade is the best thing I can think to nerf. Make it a Twilight Council upgrade, increase the cooldown, make it so it collides with units... either one of these things will do.
I got excited there for a second...
Too low risk for too high yield.
The problem "I" see with adepts is that they are easily as massable as zealots. The maximum production on adepts and zealots is EQUAL. That alone causes an imbalance because if you have one protoss go mass zealot and the other goes mass adepts, adepts win 100%. And since adepts do more damage to light units than zealots. its hard to get around why you would get any zealots besides a hand full.
08/26/2016 01:04 AMPosted by blackvegeta
They are not fun or cool units.

I actualy like their models and I think they could be fun units but in the current iteration adepts are just too strong.

08/25/2016 10:29 PMPosted by JackaL
In the games that he does not make mass Adepts, he loses.

That is also something to note. Protoss has little to no synergy in units now. Zealot and stalker are as weak as they always were but mass adept is totally broken and became a one and only good way to play protoss. (with occasional oracle vs terran and hold with adepts)
Ofcourse, you let unit be at two spots at once... only stupid team like kim's team can allow this
Basically every Protoss matchup is mass adepts since lotv release. they should get nerfed a long time ago.
At worst, the adepts trade decently while u make more stuff at home.

At best, they win you the game in about 20 seconds.
I think adepts are fine in zvt. They are a bigger problem in tvp, arent they?

I would say, if the shadow collides with non friendly units, it would solve a lot of the issiues. To compensate they can make chargelots better.

For zergs:
Tower defense: Make walls around your mineralines, put units at the center of curves. Make routes long enough, so that one shade isnt enough to get to the mineralline.
Roaches are good, but at some point you need banes. If you open with bane, you can drop them as follow up. I also like ling bane hydra.
Adept just needs to have longer build time than a zealot... still less than a stalker is fine... but need to be harder to consistently warp in.... and they need to have a longer cooldown on shade ability make it a tough decision to shade in/around a base...

I think a cooldown of 30 seconds would be fair so that they can jump 1 time into battle, or scatter... but from there not jump around all over a base or anywhere else before the battle has ended.
Terrans mass MMM but mass Adepts is broken and needs a nerf!
I think adepts are fine in zvt. They are a bigger problem in tvp, arent they?

I have to agree, zvt is the one matchup where adepts are not an issue.
08/26/2016 07:16 AMPosted by PyroBladeOne
Adept just needs to have longer build time than a zealot... still less than a stalker is fine... but need to be harder to consistently warp in.... and they need to have a longer cooldown on shade ability make it a tough decision to shade in/around a base...

No thats a band aid, They are simply to good specially for there cost like WAY to good,
I'm sick of watching them massed every game They are destroying any Protoss games
08/26/2016 07:20 AMPosted by noobtastic

At least MMM have tech on Medivacs and 2 main damage dealer units. Mass adepts is just adepts and herp derp.

So you need Marines Marauders Medivacs and depending on time and matchup widow mines or tanks as a CORE army.

Compared to CORE army of - adept.
Excuse me sometimes you need ONE warp prism too.. how horrible...
Yes it is the same!!!!
This is correct, but massing units is nothing new to starcraft: roach all-in anyone?

Uhhhh..... you realize MMM is 3 units right, and that adepts is just 1?
adepts should 3 hit kill drones instead of 2
I'm in favor of a simple cost increase... just to make them a bit less massable

Zealot does need a slight upgrade as well