A Protoss that rants about Liberator abuse.

Protoss Discussion
Hello i'm a Gold 1 league Protoss, and i hate Liberator, it is cruel to watch my units die in one or two blows. It's there a way to know when Terran it's popping Liberators? since they don't really need to get away from the original technology tree that they normaly go to get the medibacks. I think Liberator getting nerf against air it's gonna be gay, since anyway Terran has an insane antiair with Marines. So we really can't deal with it against a Terran with good micro.
How to find out a player is going liberators by scouting. Take an Sdept and continually shade it to their ramp, build a couple sentries and hallucinate Phoenixes to scout or attack.

Once you figure out they are massing Liberators move your army in front of their base and make them Seige, unseige all the way to your base. Place pylons at a ramp where you plan to fight them to overcharge and tech to Tempests. Hopefully you can pick a couple off on the Seige, unseige dance to your base.

When you engage Liberators use your Adepts to shade into the bio and blink your stalkers around the zones to pick off liberators. It's easier once you have PSI Storm and Tempests.

If your chilling in your base and they Seige up on your ramp it's pretty much GG if you don't have pylons to overcharge.
09/14/2016 06:58 PMPosted by Penkala
Hello i'm a Gold 1 league Protoss, and i hate Liberator, it is cruel to watch my units die in one or two blows. It's there a way to know when Terran it's popping Liberators? since they don't really need to get away from the original technology tree that they normaly go to get the medibacks. I think Liberator getting nerf against air it's gonna be gay, since anyway Terran has an insane antiair with Marines. So we really can't deal with it against a Terran with good micro.

Either just see their liberator count with an obs/adept or look at their medivac count(if it's unusually low, there's probably gonna be lots of libs).
Diamond toss with near 80% win rate vs Terran here. #1 don't just let them set up on your base and then attack into the freedom zones. #2 pick off liberators with blink and then retreat. #3 psi storm and tempest wreck liberators late game. #4 Abuse their mobility and the time it takes them to siege up. #5 NEVER EVER just attack into liberation zones. If it's only a few liberator and you have a bigger army, it's ok to blink in and focus them down. But really, you should just avoid them when possible. I honestly think the could use a slight buff. Hope this helps :)
dude i got rekt without libs, also just got owned by swarm hosts and infestors only

i'm officially retiring toss and switching to terran or zerg, toss has no viability anymore, they are only good in bronze and silver ranks, everyone else wipes the floor against them

and pvp is 0 fun always the same
You got rekt by swarm Hosts? the key to fighting against swarm hosts is to be aggressive. Force them to use the locusts to help defend and then just run away.

I never know what I'm going to get in PvP such a random matchup.

My only issue with toss is you can't win with straight gateway units. You have to have AOE. HAVE TO.