Trying to learn protoss

Protoss Discussion
I'm a terran main whos trying to learn the other two races. I feel like I picked up zerg pretty easy, but other than 2 base all-ins and cheese strats, how are you supposed to win with toss? they just feel underpowered compared to the other races. (And zerg just feels way overpowered).
09/03/2016 11:41 PMPosted by OpenWide
I'm a terran main whos trying to learn the other two races. I feel like I picked up zerg pretty easy, but other than 2 base all-ins and cheese strats, how are you supposed to win with toss? they just feel underpowered compared to the other races. (And zerg just feels way overpowered).

It can sometimes be hard to figure out 3rd base timings as protoss. Usually, it all comes down to scouting. Adepts are your best tool here, but observers are great for this as well. If it looks like your opponent is about to move across the map, then focus on defending, and either counter-attack, or take your 3rd after the fight. If your opponent isn't moving out, then you can take your 3rd from about 4:30-6:00 depending on how greedy you want to be and the match up. Once you take your 3rd, focus on defending it with your army, and place down a few pylons to overcharge. You can put down some cannons if you feel like your opponent may be aggressive, but after you secure your 3rd, focus on teching up to a higher tier army (high templar, disruptor, immortal, colossus, archons).

Good luck, and For Aiur!
09/03/2016 11:41 PMPosted by OpenWide

Gateway units are underpowered until you have splash.

PvT you can survive without splash until you have three base.

PvZ you can survive without splash until they are on lair tech.
It can sometimes be hard to figure out 3rd base timings as protoss. Usually, it all comes down to scouting

PvZ scout after your drop your gateway to make sure your not being cheesed.

You an almost always FE on 2 player maps and on 4 player maps Nexus first.

If the Zerg is getting three bases you can do the same.

PvT you can alway FE unless being proxy raxed. You will also get good at defending weird 1 base all-ins but as long as you keep a adept around their base to shade up their ramp you should know what's coming.

Once you defend the widow mind drop or medivac drop expand again.
Beware the Photon Cannon rush from certain good players.