Brutal at level 1? What.

Co-op Missions Discussion
Why do you even think you can beat a coop mission such as mist opportunities or temple of the past with a level 1 commander? No matter how good you are in the normal game, level 1 means you have almost no tech available at all and puts all the pressure on me.
And i'm sorry but i cant defend the objective, your base and my own base all at once.
Just got matched with a level 1 Kerrigan in brutal Temple of the Past.. It didnt go well. Had about 5minutes left until my forces and base got overwhelmed due to having to guard all 4 lanes alone
A good example of why blizzard should put difficulty caps based on commander levels.
Temple of the past is doable even after the increase in difficulty with a lvl 1 partner, if he does his little bit. You prolly need above average skill to carry him, but it's certainly not very hard, compared to other missions.

As for Mist opportunities, I haven't played it too much, but it does indeed seem too hard to solo.
A quick search on YouTube brings up a video showing Alarak Lv1 and Kerrigan Lv14 beating Temple of the Past on Brutal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qhwEalkJ_U

Here is another video showing Alarak Lv1 and Vorazun 88 Mastery beating Temple of the Past on Brutal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH9mPzc-fsY

While I have personally already beaten Mist Opportunities on Brutal as Lv4 Alarak, here is a video of CtG beating it with a Lv3 Alarak and a 74 Mastery Zagara:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPnprLtTtkk

Its certainly possible to finish missions as a Lv1, even if your partner isn't very high leveled. There are numerous missions that have already been beaten with both players at low levels or even Lv1.

Some random dude Lv1 Raynor, Mastery 18 Vorazun partner (Temple of the Past)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I0T3EBifT8

Lv1 Raynor, Lv1 Swann (Chain of Ascension
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSg4csCLzhQ

Nathanias w Lv1 Abathur, Mastery 14 Kerrigan partner (Void Thrashing)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsJ_Y1k7n4c

Crank and Rifkin, Lv1 Raynor and Lv1 Abathur (Chain of Ascension)
https://youtu.be/9dpocul4TeQ?t=14m29s

Not everyone is capable of completing Brutal at Lv1, but its far from impossible.
I think there's a bug with the queue. People that have queued for Hard and Normal have gotten matched with me when queueing for Brutal. For a while there I thought there were low-level people just trying to make me carry them to free XP. Hover your mouse over your ally and see what difficulty it says they're on.
09/16/2016 10:24 AMPosted by Alzarath
I think there's a bug with the queue. People that have queued for Hard and Normal have gotten matched with me when queueing for Brutal. For a while there I thought there were low-level people just trying to make me carry them to free XP. Hover your mouse over your ally and see what difficulty it says they're on.

You shouldn't be getting matched with Normal players if you're queueing on Brutal, but it is normal to get matched with someone +/- 1 difficulty level. This is a matchmaking feature designed to alleviate queue times, which is a common problem right now because everyone is playing Alarak.
I've been matched with low-level people who knew what they were doing, and I've been matched with Mastery-Level people who didn't know what they were doing.
I find it funny when people quit on him when I queue'd HARD and get paired with someone that queue'd BRUTAL. You can win with a lvl 1 commander if you know what you're doing but obviously it's going to be harder. I've solo'd 2 missions on brutal from ally leaving and it was pretty easy to amass an army, throw down 25 gateways to refill army instantly and clear the map.

also i cant tell you how many times I'm paired with a high-level mastery player that plays like a noob. I'll be sitting here with a near-maxed army and 3/3 upgrades and they will have half the army and near to no upgrades. This especially happens with raynor players.
09/16/2016 11:13 AMPosted by Alpr
I find it funny when people quit on him when I queue'd HARD and get paired with someone that queue'd BRUTAL.

To be fair, there are other reasons for doing this.

While most times I'll stay with a lowbie who qued hard when I've qued brutal... Some times I just really can't stand the slower game speed I end up with when partnered with a hard player, and so I'll leave and re-que. It has nothing to do with their level.

I leave any game with any player named any variant of IIIlllIIIlllI out of principal.
I also did it with my brother and it works, at least on the most commanders. Coop is coop, what many forget. It really depends on both players and not just one. Of course someone can carry the game with some op commanders like vorazun (even after patch). But still many people think they have to carry the game solo and that's a big mistake.
09/16/2016 11:20 AMPosted by Jeslis
I find it funny when people quit on him when I queue'd HARD and get paired with someone that queue'd BRUTAL.

While most times I'll stay with a lowbie who qued hard when I've qued brutal... Some times I just really can't stand the slower game speed I end up with when partnered with a hard player, and so I'll leave and re-que. It has nothing to do with their level.

I leave any game with any player named any variant of IIIlllIIIlllI out of principal.

I'm the same on game speed issue. If I queue brutal and get hard vermillion problem I'm out of there in an instant. No way I'm sitting around for that long.
09/16/2016 11:20 AMPosted by Jeslis

Oh I understand that. I myself have left when I get paired with lower-speed + low level ally due to matchmaking, but I had a game yesterday where I was lvl 2 alarak and the guy screamed STOP PLAYING BRUTAL and left...when I was on hard lol.
It seems as if co-op was designed to produce strife between team mates.
Although there are cases when it works, but for most of the times, it just put a lot of burden on high level player. There are people queueing on Brutal, only wish their ally could carry him so he could reap the extra exp. Even if he won 3 out of 4 games, he still earn more exp by doing brutal than doing hard, which is somewhat problematic.
09/16/2016 01:31 PMPosted by SCakewalk
Although there are cases when it works, but for most of the times, it just put a lot of burden on high level player. There are people queueing on Brutal, only wish their ally could carry him so he could reap the extra exp. Even if he won 3 out of 4 games, he still earn more exp by doing brutal than doing hard, which is somewhat problematic.

Lot of burden... depends how good the high player is, he might have some serious problems winning the mission, or none at all. Plus the temple is imo an easy map. It would be a lot harder on trains, vermilion, thrashers, maybe even lock and load with a low-level partner.

And technically speaking he would get more out of 4 hard games than 3 brutal games (extra exp. for bonus objectives and random map considered), and in both cases he'd have to play 4 games, so it's not like he'd save too much time either. Ofc, brutal is faster, and if he loses one game it can save him 10-15 minutes, but that shouldn't be a good enough reason to play brutal and not hard, hoping he gets a good ally, willing to carry him.

I've played with low level players on brutal, and if I saw that they know what to do and are actually willing to play and help me - as little as a low level can - I would usually carry them np. - but if they were lazy noobs, I quit and re-qued. You can usually tell which type they are in the first 4-5 minutes, maybe even sooner.
I've leveled every commander from 1-15 playing only brutal. It's actually the only difficulty I've ever tried. Oddly enough I'll occasionally lose queuing up as level 1, but if my partner leaves at the start (as a lot like to do), it's just a matter of using the higher level commander with double income and it's pretty easy to win. Leveling Alarak recently I actually managed to flawless never lose from 1-15, he just seems so strong he can hold his own (I even feel like I carried my first game at level 1). With Abathur I lost a few, but I see no problem queuing level 1 brutal as long as you have good mechanics. I'd rather a good level 1 player than a crappy level 15 player.
If you think level 1 players can't beat brutal missions, you should probably focus on learning how to macro properly
At the time of writing, the original poster's profile states zero achievement points for the Co-op missions category. Thus Eleanoriel hasn't brought a single commander to level 5 or won 10 co-op games on any difficulty setting, let alone brutal. It looks like the pot queued for brutal and got matched with the kettle.
I F10 - Quit Game when I get matched with lvl 1 alaraks(or any commander) on brutal. Just not worth the headache. Especially on the missions you mentioned.

Isn't a big deal really... if there were leave penalties it would be a different story, however.
I played around 75 games since the 3.6 patch as Artanis to finish off my 500 brutal wins achievement. About 73 allies were Alaraks and 70 were underleveled Alaraks. EVERYONE is doing it. Most of the Alarak players performed well below average while they were figuring it all out. Now I'm playing Alarak. I'm level 6 so far. I've been playing at normal every time for Alarak. Almost every time I get matched with someone at hard difficulty. I try to do the right thing and it bumps me up a difficulty level anyway. So I have to deal with cloaked units at a lower perk level and I don't get the full experience points. Wonderful. I'm about to throw in the towel and queue brutal at level 6. Why not since I can't get the recommended difficulty level and everyone else is being greedy anyway? I'd like to have an option to say "You have a player at a higher difficulty level than you requested. Click OK in 3 seconds if you accept this or don't click if you're willing to wait for what you wanted.". This queue system is totally retarded.