Fix This! Stalker focus fire problem

Protoss Discussion
when u target liberators with the stalkers the other units judt move instead of a moving! as result the rest of your army dont fight! fix this so if u target the libs the rest of the army a move towards the libs and not move!
You should have blink researched by the time they come at you with Liberators. Your army should also mostly consist of Stalkers/Adepts and maybe a couple Immortals.

Shade on top of the bio or behind the zones and blink to take out the liberstors.
If you want to focus down liberators without having a huge jumble of units, manually magic box only a portion of your stalkers and have them attack the liberator.
Left Ctrl-click will select all the Stalkers on screen.

If you don't have Blink yet, Right shift-click in front of the Lib then onto it to kill it with the least amount of damage to your stalkers (if you just focus fire first or a-move you will do less DPS as they waddle around each other into a concave).
Doesn't it work as expected for every other unit though? If I F2 my army and a click a Viking or banshee the army units that can't hit it will try to attack anything they can hit on the ground. It should be there same for liberators right?
Don't use F2!
09/25/2016 02:07 PMPosted by noobtastic
Don't use F2!

Why not? I shouldn't have to avoid using a feature or mechanic because another one is bugged...
09/25/2016 02:33 PMPosted by LaidOffGamer
Why not? I shouldn't have to avoid using a feature or mechanic because another one is bugged...

It's not bugged. It's working exactly as intended, it's just that you can't actually 1-a into armies and win anymore(or F2-a into armies, I guess)
09/26/2016 11:43 AMPosted by Wobulating
09/25/2016 02:33 PMPosted by LaidOffGamer

It's not bugged. It's working exactly as intended, it's just that you can't actually 1-a into armies and win anymore(or F2-a into armies, I guess)

Actually I've just tested this in the unit tester... & units in siege mode (Tank & Liberator) do cause a targeting anomaly.

Eg. If you right click on an unsieged tank with a Corruptor, and a Viking attacks it en-route, the Corruptor stops & attacks the Viking as it should. However if the tank is in Siege mode, the Corruptor doesn't stop to attack the Viking.... strange...

Outside of misclick scenarios I don't see this as a big deal, right clicking or a-moving onto Libs with a ground army is a bad way to engage anyway. However I will post a bug report & see if this was intended behavior as it doesn't match current targeting rules.