Tips for Adept Phoenix micro

Protoss Discussion
I hear that Adept Phoenix is the new rage against liberator + mmm, but I'm super bad at microing it against terran. Any tips?
Adepts trade better when you shade on top of bio. Also make sure you upgrade Glaives and +1.

Use Phoenixes to pick up armored units, tanks, mines and raid mineral lines.

You'll also need an Oracle for detection so starting with an oracle rush probably win you a lot of games anyway except against Zerg because of Queens. Use the Oracle to drop stasis wards at chokes to half his forces if you can.

But honestly this comp requires a lot of micro and multitasking which will distract you from your macro. I always recommend lower league players to use more A-move friendly units like the Collosus.

If Liberators are your problem just play standard and get blink stalkers/Gladepts and Tempest.
09/19/2016 02:32 PMPosted by noobtastic
Adepts trade better when you shade on top of bio. Also make sure you upgrade Glaives and +1.

Use Phoenixes to pick up armored units, tanks, mines and raid mineral lines.

You'll also need an Oracle for detection so starting with an oracle rush probably win you a lot of games anyway except against Zerg because of Queens. Use the Oracle to drop stasis wards at chokes to half his forces if you can.

But honestly this comp requires a lot of micro and multitasking which will distract you from your macro. I always recommend lower league players to use more A-move friendly units like the Collosus.

If Liberators are your problem just play standard and get blink stalkers/Gladepts and Tempest.

This is correct, the adept are not hard micro, but your phenoix armies will be. Phenoix are very powerful but they're like mutas where if you fly them over an army because you were too busy macroing you most likely will not be able to come back. I'm curious what the issue you are having @ OP? Is your trouble just hitting G very quickly? It takes some practice before it feels natural.

This style is also very good with warp prism, with air control warp prism can easily reach their base.