giving up on this race...

Protoss Discussion
why?

no early game, gotta be defensive, mother ship core mechanics give you the only option to defensive at start, i want units not mother ship core.

zealots without charge - worst unit in the game, a complete useless unit

125minirals 50gas stalkers with 10 dps, the worst unit in game for dps - cost ratio

no counter to mutas, if suddenly in a macro game the zerg goes for mutas he can jut click the t button and make 30 mutas while u need to be afraid of it all the time and scout 24/7 in fear, you gotta go pheonix or u die while terran have mines, thors, libs, marines.

the worst race to hold all ins cheeses

you gotta baby your wall so lings wont get in or u auto die... if the wall guardian is not in the perfect pixel u die.

you gotta hold early game aggression against zerg by walling with pylons and pray it will hold, what kind of stupid design is that? if we have the same economy i want to be able to make units that can hold not walls

im a master protoss and its just a shame,,, tired of being paranoid of spire play and as a result im tired of going pheonix every game vs zerg.

no early game cheeses, after the 6 min mark u can go for blink all in adept all in, dark templars but till then u cant do !@#$.

zerg can bane bust, roach all in

terran can go for almost an unholdable 1 base tank lib cheese

protoss? till the 6 min mark u cant do !@#$
Dear Blizzard, we want units! not mother ship core, units!
I hear you man Protoss is gay as hell early game.

When the game designer is a turd sandwich who has no clue what he's doing there's really nothing that can be done.
As a Protoss main the only main complaints I have is, like you said, the pixel issue with blocking the wall and how adepts are handled. Adepts provide too much for free and are a crutch. Nerfing them would be bad but honestly the race feels like it's held together by ducttape at this point. Either you get incredibly overpowered abilities like storm/disrupter ball or you lose.

There's nothing fun with going against a 200/200 Zerg/Terran and firing 5 disrupters making your opponent lose 30-70 army. Literally all I do now in games is just wait + expand, get disrupters and push and hope I dont !@#$ up too bad. PO is also terrible since I dont even need to care about watching my flanks since I can get 2-3 supply buildings to do 30dps while my army marches on your base.

Then again I shouldn't complain too bad since at least I don't have to deal with TvZ lategame vs ultras.
same I switched to terran and when I go against a toss I laugh and take my free win with a marine drop with a tank and lib. protoss has really nothing to deal with this if rushed, as long as I micro the tank

it feels great to be able to attack early and not hide in my base and rely on op adepts or some huge splash damage
I can't wait until flying tanks disappear and that contain strategy with it.
10/12/2016 02:33 PMPosted by noobtastic
I can't wait until flying tanks disappear and that contain strategy with it.

But don't worry, because now tanks will melt everything but chargelots and adepts, both of which are taken care of neatly by WMs.
Not to worried about tanks because you can blink, shade on top of them and now you don't have to worry about them being moved to another cliff and getting free pop shops off.

Plus I think they are easier to deal with than Liberators.
10/12/2016 04:24 PMPosted by noobtastic
Not to worried about tanks because you can blink, shade on top of them and now you don't have to worry about them being moved to another cliff and getting free pop shops off.

Plus I think they are easier to deal with than Liberators.

This. Tankivacs are a REAL PAIN IN THE A$$. I am looking forward to having the tank be stronger but immobile.
literally got destroyed today against the other races...against i had 3 bases (skipped my natural and he didnt see it) successful attack in killed a bunker and a vespene and forced him to lift his nat. CC, then just going up the ramp a tank destroyed my like 3 stalkers and 3 zealots...with a few of his. He attacks back and its like 56 army for him and 40 some for me but I literally do like nothing even with an attack from 2 sides. Litterally get torn apart against seige tanks if they have some support. He wasn't even upgraded...I had +1 and blink on the way. but yea....another game, unranked I didnt scout and dude builds proxy barracks and stuff and once he gets tanks I was pretty much stuck, the tempest shots didn't help any...should of went disruptors but yea that crap takes way too long and even if you get it off your tempest is dead pretty much by then.