Community Feedback Update - October 28

General Discussion
10/28/2016 03:33 PMPosted by Damenx
ULTRA NERF BABBBYYYY!!! Thank u blizz i will prob start playing again now that terran actually stands a chance late game. Plz just stop the bane buff and this game might have a chance.

A manchild response from a manchild whiner.
Add Akilon Wastes and Overgrowth, both are solidly legacy status.
And Neo Planet S for the keks.
please not ulrena...
I've been complaining about the LoTV maps since launch and for the first time I have to say this is a pretty decent map selection. I don't even think Ulrena is that bad for being an intentionally cheesy map (Better than Dassan Station for sure, I also like it more than New Gettysburg personally).

As the person above me suggested seeing Neo Planet S make a return would be pretty neat. If I were to remove a map in order to make room for Neo Planet S it would probably be Habitation Station. Both maps offer hard to take gold bases closer to your opponent, in the area where armies are most likely to meet. The difference is Neo Planet S trades out nontraditional base floating strategies or gold openings for its signature multi attack routs. One of my reasons for choosing Neo Planet S over Habitation Station is because Habitation Station's base layouts and attack paths overlap a lot with the other proposed map Newkirk Precinct while Neo Planet S is not as similar.
Hi, please replace Ulrena with Ruins of Endion. Thanks!
Maps

Daybreak- Could be fun. I remember how good this map was for Mech though, I will NEVER forget that ;). Maybe do a texture update.

Dusk Towers- Plz no. I dunno why people like this map so much. All I can remember was Turtlefest and Liberators. I swear I have PTSD from an excess amount of "freedom" on that map.

Echo- I was gone when this map was played (on a mission) so I can't say much. But just by looking at it, I like it. The only thing that may be concerning is the Liberators at the third.

Habitation Station- Another map I was gone for. After looking at it, I like it... a lot.

Ulrena- HELLLLLLLLLL NO.

Newkirk Precinct- I liked this map (the one without the Xel'Naga watchtower). Quick note, there is another broken spot for liberators behind the natural that can easily be fixed by adding some space for spores, cannons, and turrets behind the mineral line.

Whirlwind- SOMEONE NEEDS A HUG. Thank you. Zerg bias showing*blush*

Other Maps I would like to see make a comeback:

Korhal Sky Island LE
Metalopolis (Forced Cross)
Neo Planet S LE
Ruins of Endion
Overgrowth (was not here for this one, but it looks cool, and I've heard good things about it)
Yeonsu LE (I LOVED this map... I dunno why, but it did)
Korhal Compound LE
Ruins of Seras
Could we have pylon overcharge not attack buildings?
10/28/2016 09:51 AMPosted by Dayvie
The map design team has come up with a rough, initial set of maps for your consideration, so let’s start talking about which of these maps need to be changed out before we finalize the map pool.

Daybreak
Dusk Towers
Echo
Habitation Station
Ulrena
Newkirk Precinct
Whirlwind

Keep in mind that we need to keep a diverse map pool, so if you remove a map of a certain type, please only suggest another map of the same type as its replacement. For example, if you want to remove Dusk Towers, please suggest another macro map.

Make new maps, stop recycling old content.
Balance Testing

BlizzCon is coming up, so we want to push the Ultralisk and Cyclone changes to go into effect after the event. BlizzCon gives us the chance to watch the top players compete at the highest levels, which is another opportunity to make balance changes to fine tune the game. With the offseason coming up a few weeks after BlizzCon, we have a great opportunity to get more wide-spread testing, so we plan to apply the balance patch to the ladder at that point. Note that this doesn’t mean all of these changes are final—we will continue to work with all of you to iterate and improve on these changes to get them in a good state for season 1 next year.

Maps

After the BlizzCon finals, we’d like to change out the map pool during the offseason and replace them with familiar existing maps. That way we can focus on the final numbers tuning of the major patch changes during the last ladder season of this year. We’d also like to make sure that the map pool consists of a diverse set of maps so we can be confident we covered all our bases.

The map design team has come up with a rough, initial set of maps for your consideration, so let’s start talking about which of these maps need to be changed out before we finalize the map pool.

Daybreak
Dusk Towers
Echo
Habitation Station
Ulrena
Newkirk Precinct
Whirlwind

Keep in mind that we need to keep a diverse map pool, so if you remove a map of a certain type, please only suggest another map of the same type as its replacement. For example, if you want to remove Dusk Towers, please suggest another macro map.

Daybreak
Dusk Towers
Echo
Overgrowth
Catellena
Habitation Station
Whirlwind
we really dont need to bring back Ulrena... especially not newkirk precinct.
I agree the ultralisk is too strong vs bio, but I do not agree with how you are currently trying to nerf it. Currently, the ultralisk is wayyyyy to strong vs bio, but extremely weak to its counters, like immortals and liberators. I would suggest nerfing its armor to 6, but buffing its health pool. This would be an overall nerf against bio, but would be a buff vs some other units. I do not like the hard counter system we have in Starcraft 2. Ultralisks hard counter bio, liberators hard counter ultralisks, vipers + corruptors hard counter liberators, and so on. If you see an army of roaches and an army of immortals, there is no mystery to who will win that battle. It doesn't matter how hard the zerg player tries to out-micro the opponent, the immortals will still win. Currently, the strongest units in Starcraft 2 are units with no hard counters. An example is the tempest and carrier. While they both have units that sorta counter them, they have no hard counters, except for the raven vs tempest. If you add in supporting units to tempests and Carriers, they have no counters at all. Maybe if we walked away from the hard counter system, and moved into a soft counter system, we could see more diverse play. Maybe hellions could actually be used in an army, instead of only being used for killing drones and zerglings. Maybe battlecruisers could become viable again, if tempests + massive damage was removed. By the way, I play Protoss, so I'm not biased on the tempest and carrier issues.
Maps

After the BlizzCon finals, we’d like to change out the map pool during the offseason and replace them with familiar existing maps. That way we can focus on the final numbers tuning of the major patch changes during the last ladder season of this year. We’d also like to make sure that the map pool consists of a diverse set of maps so we can be confident we covered all our bases.

Daybreak
Dusk Towers
Echo
Habitation Station
Ulrena
Newkirk Precinct
Whirlwind

This list looks good to try, except for Ulrena. No idea why you put such an emphasize on Korean pros but then want to use a map that was banned in ProLeague. And I don't like that map either.

Oh so what category of map does Ulrena fall under? Token garbage map?

Please get real.

Put Korhal Carnage Knockout in the map pool if you want a troll map, I honestly preferred that map to Ulrena.
10/28/2016 01:45 PMPosted by ThatDarkSlug
<span class="truncated">...</span>
What about giving Zerg a + massive buff to corruptors? I honestly believe that the new tempest changes will fix this problem though. It will now be 3 corruptors vs 1 tempest vs 2 corruptors vs 1 tempest.

We're looking to make units viable here, and anyways, it wouldn't help since Storm, VRays and Archons shred Corrupters. Buffing Corrupter Anti Massive wouldn't really help at all in fact, since if you focus Fire with Corrupters you usually one shot Carriers and Tempests anyways, though it could help in low numbers. Though, Corrupters in low numbers die faster too, so I don't think this would really help.

True, archons destroy corruptors, but there are other ways to fight skyross than clumping up your corruptors under archons. You need to have some type of anti ground to help fight the archons and kill the high Templar. Broodlords + ultralisk + banelings do ok. You also want vipers and corruptors in the air. Abduct the opponents Carriers into your corruptors to avoid the archons, or use blinding cloud to help negate it. PvZ late game is not horribly imbalanced, but Zerg does need some help. With the tempest change though, the answer skytoss may be on the ground. Carriers can be fought with hydralisks + fungal growth to lock down the inceptors. Tempests can also be fought with hydralisks due to their limited range vs ground. No longer will have these scenarios where you either get picked apart by tempests from long range, or engage and get destroyed by Carriers + archons + storm. You also have to remember that Zerg can remax on a high tech army. Protoss can't.
I don't think Ulrena should be in that list, but you love scrap station clones, so may as well.

I don't understand not patching the test server though. This past server has been a huge opportunity squandered. Just push out the changes and let them be tested instead of repeating the mistakes of lotv beta.
10/28/2016 02:11 PMPosted by llllllllllll
Please embrace new maps for ladder, i.e. AVEX's new Neo Frozen Temple: https://twitter.com/AVEXyli/status/791899386993217537.

10/28/2016 10:49 AMPosted by Darkhon
Also I would like to see Huangshan by Avex added to the pool. (It looks like a better version of Frozen Temple and the aesthetics are beautiful). I mean we could have at least 1 new map for this season. (It would encourage the mapmaker community)
http://imgur.com/OFvEeJh

What exactly is the point of these maps? A knock off of Frozen Temple and a reverse copy of Frozen Temple with more rocks and backdoors added?

I haven't seen an AVEX map that I liked and these are no exceptions.
So with the Ultralisk nerf confirmed, anyone wanna take bets on what's the next unit the Terran QQers are gonna mass QQ about ? My money is on the Infestor, but Swarm Host could also be a possibility.
10/28/2016 10:49 AMPosted by KingLing
PLS, NOT ULRENA!
NO GOD, NO PLS NO. NO. NO!!!

Pls remove reaper granades and adepts harass.

I agree, I do not want to see Ulrena come back ever again. I would rather see Agria Valley come back from Wings of Liberty for a short distance map over Ulrena with a nonsensical, highly abusive air space.

I have had enough of Ulrena; Please Blizzard, do not give us a map we'll immediately veto.

Edit: Korhal Compound has been one of my favorite maps too. I would really like to see that map again as well.
10/28/2016 09:51 PMPosted by Velitey
So with the Ultralisk nerf confirmed, anyone wanna take bets on what's the next unit the Terran QQers are gonna mass QQ about ? My money is on the Infestor, but Swarm Host could also be a possibility.

Viper would be the most likely bet, then possibly Ravagers.

> Viper has a lot of utility with their spells but it has mostly been their Parasitic Bomb, this is the likely next target for complaint.

> Ravagers because they come very early. I would personally say if they nerf their timing I would prefer the Roach Warren require a morph into "Ravager Warren." At least with the Ravager Warren morph people can see it coming as a for sure thing when scouting Zerg. It doesn't need to take a long time or cost a lot, but just enough to delay a little bit but mostly to give players a scouting chance to prep for it.

Then I would like to see the Liberator get nerfed. If I am to be completely honest, their Freedom Zones are much too large. I think Blizzard should consider reducing it's area like they originally planned to. For the damage Liberators can push out, it's ridiculous how wide of an area it covers while bypassing terrain. Minus the ability to attack structures, I like the Nova Covert Ops Liberators much better than the Multiplayer ones, I'd take a damage adjustment like in that campaign over other possible nerfs.

> Reduce Freedom Zone on Liberator

Or

> Adjust the damage to be like Nova Covert Ops (Without attacking structures) to be 35(55 to armored) and increase attack speed by 10%. This way they're less overwhelming to everything on the field but not completely useless.

Those are my thoughts anyway, nothing special.
What the hell?

Why would you use maps designed for a completely different economy (WoL/HotS) in LotV and worse use them to test balance for LotV?

Support the map making community!
Use maps from THIS YEAR for THIS GAME if you won't!
Why the !@#$ would you force us to waste another veto on Ulrena?

We need those vetoes to use on the big macro maps in order to stand any chance in TvZ/TvP.
I'd advise to rethink Daybreak. Won't work for LotV anymore. And instead of either Ulrena or Habitat Station (if you insist on a rush map) try Prion Terrasses.