Community Feedback Update - October 21

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
10/21/2016 09:45 AMPosted by Dayvie
But that doesn’t mean we can’t increase the current effectiveness of the new Cyclone’s AA capabilities as long as it isn’t the main AA option throughout the whole game. We feel that there could be room here to increase its effectiveness, and we’ll start testing out some numbers as per your suggestion.

New cyclone is still boring and can't be microed to harass armies or go out on the map/take map control. Old cyclone is better at it in every regards, and is just too supply heavy and lacks HPs.
Bring back old cyclone, increase its HPs, decrease its supply to 3, and maybe lower the lock on DPS.
Our main goal for StarCraft 2 is to create the best game of its type that it can ever be, and not necessarily selling more copies of the game or increasing the playerbase. Those are also great secondary goals, but we don’t feel that we should be in a place where we start to hurt the main, most important goal of StarCraft 2.

Not sure if this is something you should say as someone employed by a game-making company. I'd be more careful about saying such a thing. I don't assume you mean that you don't care what people say about SC2 as long as it looks good to you - otherwise, why aren't you even bothering getting feedbacks from players?
Why when talking about harass nerf only protoss and terran are taken in consideration?

Zerg with drops and nydus has formidable harass/win strategies that requires a nerf.

Drops should be moved to higher tech, while nydus must take damage while building.

Sayng sc2 is made to be great game and blizzard does not care about money is a big lie, and you are offending our intelligence.

You just made voice packs and new commander to raise money, stop joking us.

Also, there is no reason why a "great game" should not be fun and playable from everyone.

Really DK, why you don't leave ur job at blizzard? it's pretty embarassing what you say.
I think PvZ at the moment is very Zerg favored, looking at the recent statistics that is from tournaments.

Protoss usually relies too heavily on the adept doing damage early game versus Zerg, if the Zerg manages to take as little to no damage. The Protoss will usually have a really hard time beating Zerg mid - late game because of the strength of the Ravager baneling ling composition.

This has been the meta for a few months now, but there doesn't seem to be an answer to what Zerg has to offer mid - late game for Protoss.

I think the Ravager needs a slight nerf when it comes to the Corrosive Bile spell either nerf the cooldown of the spell or the spell itself.

Also the adept needs a nerf too I reckon, nerfing the shield/hp will make it too easy for the other races to defend the adept harass. I think nerfing the upgrade of the unit might be something you should consider, maybe from 45% attack speed to 40% attack speed.

The vision radius of the shade is too big of a nerf if you want to set it at 2. I think setting the vision radius at 5 would be a good nerf if you are thinking about nerfing shade vision.

But maybe with the Stalker buff, Protoss will have an easier time to deal with that exact composition from Zerg.

But right now Protoss relies too heavily on doing early game damage with the adept aka killing a lot of workers!

Thanks David Kim
10/22/2016 10:42 AMPosted by Rituximab
Why when talking about harass nerf only protoss and terran are taken in consideration?

Zerg with drops and nydus has formidable harass/win strategies that requires a nerf.

Drops should be moved to higher tech, while nydus must take damage while building.

Sayng sc2 is made to be great game and blizzard does not care about money is a big lie, and you are offending our intelligence.

You just made voice packs and new commander to raise money, stop joking us.

Also, there is no reason why a "great game" should not be fun and playable from everyone.

Really DK, why you don't leave ur job at blizzard? it's pretty embarassing what you say.

Exactly. +1
Against armored units yes, but nerf preserves bonus DPS against light ones. And mutas are. =)
Yes the second you make liberators vs mutalisks the opponent can easily transition into something else including corrupters which crush liberators.

ut are good against armored, which makes them complementary of liberators.
Straight up theory crafting. You think you will be able to afford double starport midgame going mech? Either you have to reach a certain number of liberators to counter mutalisks or a certain number of vikings or avoid all of them and make banshees. Still no decent AA.

Not in late game, or you've never heard of Avilo. ;) Raven used to be one of the standard go-to lategame terran unit in HotS; so much that it got nerfed in Lotv to prevent stalemates... But it's currently being buffed again
Lol i have played this game way before you. But nvm that this is legacy of the void the raven is useless. A !@#$ty auto turret buff wont make it useful.

10/22/2016 06:27 AMPosted by TriasElPony
And if anything else one could still use marines as a mineral dump
No thats a bad idea. Its far better to make extra orbitals or make hellions (to trade with workers) than making marines.
Hi Dayvie,

I don't think Adepts need to be nerfed, but the opposite is required, Protoss has the weakest early game play, and early game defense specially vs Zerg. In order to success as Protoss you need to have GM level skills to defend all the options Zerg has, proxy hatches, speedling-baneling, roach/raveger. While protoss only best defensive options are pylons and adepts.
For the Tempest, we would like to ask you guys to help us out on testing this ability against heavy Siege Tank based compositions and Hydra/Lurker based armies.

I have the problem that my opponents either die first because they go Cyclone after cyclone after cyclone which can be kited pretty well. Or go pure bio and dont care for changes + testing.
10/22/2016 11:11 AMPosted by Maru
Straight up theory crafting. You think you will be able to afford double starport midgame going mech? Either you have to reach a certain number of liberators to counter mutalisks or a certain number of vikings or avoid all of them and make banshees. Still no decent AA.
I didn't said you needed both liberators and vikings when going mech dude, just that you could choose between the two depending if your opponent is going into light or armored air units.

Regarding heavy double production line investment theorycrafting, let's call it a reactor. As for mech army composition, there isn't only one and each player can choose either he sends his rax scouting or if he'd rather use it, if he'll go for vikings+PDD, thors, liberators etc. depending the match-up and the stage of the game.

Now mech isn't my favorite playstyle, and as experimented as you might possibly be, answering to your ad-hominem arguments is pointless. Points of view have been shared, each one can come to it's own conclusions.
Some progression changes, can we now address the nonsense that is the Reaper grenade.
10/22/2016 03:31 PMPosted by Limit
Some progression changes, can we now address the nonsense that is the Reaper grenade.

I would like that Reaper is not an only early-game unit, but maybe Reaper is something anyone like Adept because of how good they are destroying workers.

If Reapers loses Grenades they might become worthless, unless they get another buff that doesn't encourage to make TvT a nightmare in early-game.
10/22/2016 03:31 PMPosted by Limit

I cannot echo this more. Reaper grenade are way silly; especially this early in the game.

If youre looking for things that drive players away from the game even veterans, that right there is the perfect fine example of a very frustrating and seemingly one sided mechanic.
Really great feedback! Thx ! :D
10/22/2016 04:04 PMPosted by Vic

I would like that Reaper is not an only early-game unit, but maybe Reaper is something anyone like Adept because of how good they are destroying workers.

If Reapers loses Grenades they might become worthless, unless they get another buff that doesn't encourage to make TvT a nightmare in early-game.

He can do a thread for the Reaper like he did for the Cyclone to sort that out (infact he can do it for most of the LOTV units in that regard)but as it stands the ability can not stay like it is currently as it dictates early game.
Finally SC2 dev team shows real love for SC2. And yes, it matters a lot to players like me, that it is visible.

I actually gave up on SC2 dev team since lotv release, thinking that you guys just dont care about 1v1 ladder and unranked games any more, letting them slowly slide into oblivion. I thought you were only pretending to care, on forums.

However, current community feedback update shows clearly that you do care about your players feedback, and the game. By starting addressing most obvious issues of current gameplay design in multiplayer, and making matches more stable, you just hit many right spots in current community feedback update. Not all, but this is a start.

I think my trust towards SC2 dev team slowly returning. I dont care about balance too much to be honest. I care about you caring for the game. And I do believe that if you continue on your current track, you can make StarCraft 2 great again, giving it popularity it deserves. Hell, I believe it is possible you can return it to its previous glorious days, and even surpass that.

If you keep it cool, balanced between fun factor and difficulty, there will be influx of new players. Compromises must be made. Without constant influx of new players, the game will slowly fade away. Old players will eventually move on with their lives as they get older or eventually find another interests then starcraft 2. Dont make this generation of StarCraft pro legends, the last one.
FINALLY a ultra nerf thank GOD. You keep saying making this game easier is a goal. Well this is a giant step in the right direction for terran. The zerg just Amoves it and terran has to micro like a korean to counter it and it usually still doesn't work. I don't mind micro vs micro but A moved ultra's vs terran IS NOT IT !! its a joke that i can't believe has taken you this long to address so THANK YOU.
Baneling hp revert or the patch will do nothing for diversity because bio will be dead in TvZ I don't want to mech in every game.
Also i can't help but notice "nerfing harassment" is only aimed at terran and toss lol. Nydus worm? Toss struggles against early ling drops .... Plz stop favoring zerg so much it has been going on ALL of lotv and it has to stop.
[b]
Please remember that this is a group effort, and we’re all trying to make the game better by working together. Thanks as always and let’s continue working at it even though we know this isn’t easy!

Thanks god you game is dying now, bie korean PL and Blizzards says nothing, hahaha what a difficult thing is for companies recognize that they suck, specially this one who one time was the best, the good thing is people knows it.

The company is not getting new players, at least for SC2 and diablo, HS well people is stupid, HotS who cares and OW did I say people is stupid?. Now the hardcore people that use to loved blizzard talks shi.t about the company, so well. I know the company will continue here but the company already lose and lose a lot, the company reputation GG ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think you have a problem. Take a snickers.
Does anyone know how to effectively use the new Tempest ability ?

I am really curious to know how this was used/tested internally ?

The only way I can think this to work is casting it on units that are just about to get out of a stasis ward ?
10/22/2016 08:21 PMPosted by CodeDjinn
Does anyone know how to effectively use the new Tempest ability ?

I am really curious to know how this was used/tested internally ?

The only way I can think this to work is casting it on units that are just about to get out of a stasis ward ?

It's supposed to counter siege composition like Siege tanks, and Lurkers, but the fact you have to be rooted for four seconds is risky and probably can be dodge unless you get caught and hit by this spell can stun some group of units, It's just a opinion I didn't even see in action.