How do you deal with widowmines early on?

Protoss Discussion
How do you not lose the game to widowmines?

Proxy widowmines and normal widowmine drops come so quickly. I was playing versus a terran that just kept doing the two above things over and over and I got completely steamrolled every time. I even made a robo asap but I lost so many probes and mining time.
BTW I need master level+ advice
Get a pylon + MSC in one base and a couple stalkers in the other. You can pull probes, too, if you don't think you'll quite get it in time, but(obviously) that's risky.

Or, of course, you can dedicate everything to one base, leave behind 1 sacrificial probe to eat the shot in the other, then bring in your obs and clean everything up.
Proxy Fax walking a WM in crushes me. What's the quickest it can hit?

Normal WM drops hit around 5-7 minutes (IMBAbuilds has it hitting at 7:30 of a FE).

What Wobulating says works. I triangle pylon my main nexus with my MSC to overcharge and have my army at my 2nd. EZPZ. If it keeps happening from then on you need cannons, obs, watch towers, Oracle etc for increased map awarness.

Watching stream I've heard people say if the WM drop you it's a free third base. Is that due to Stim being delayed?
10/14/2016 09:41 AMPosted by noobtastic
Watching stream I've heard people say if the WM drop you it's a free third base. Is that due to Stim being delayed?

Yeah.
Unless they try for a followup drop, they just can't really do any aggression at all- and if you kill that second drop, too, then you can just macro up and steamroll them.

You can also blink all-in them, and as long as you don't get hit by WMs, it's also pretty close to a free win.

Unupgraded marines trade horribly with blink stalkers.
Thanks for the responses, I try to play a macro game but as you know people in ladder don't. Well scratch that. I don't really lose to people in ladder at my level, but I played versus high master and gm players in 1v1 obs and they wrecked me with what I mentioned above.

It's hard to defend these things if you don't know exactly what to do. Honestly speaking, you guys don't seem high ranked but your advice is still useful. I'll try to put up the pylon death triangle and keep my army in the nat. I also have to make sure to target fire the mines and to kill them before it burrows instead of hitting the medivac.
10/14/2016 11:28 AMPosted by Krotux
It's hard to defend these things if you don't know exactly what to do. Honestly speaking, you guys don't seem high ranked but your advice is still useful. I'll try to put up the pylon death triangle and keep my army in the nat. I also have to make sure to target fire the mines and to kill them before it burrows instead of hitting the medivac.

I'm diamond on EU, if that makes you feel any better. Look up "Wobulate".
Thanks for the tips guys. My PvT is definitely my worst and the mine drops are what kill me the hardest.
PiG is GM level and goes into detail about pylon placement and creating a "triangle" around your main nexus.
I usually place my pylons in between my vespene and minerals on both sides with a pylon behind the mineral lines.

But yeah focus fire the mine or the marines will jack up the AI and you'll lose at least 8 probes and it may as well be GG.

Another thing you'll notice is they generally always drop coming on the same side I don't know why but they do for the first drop.
Cool, where can I find PiG's in depth explanation?
I'm not sure if this is the exact one. But here you go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NFKBevxdJBc
If p has good probe splits each mine will get 3 (usually less) probes and deny maybe 5sec of mining so the mines + medivac rarely pay for themselves. Dunno if you have the mechanics to do that, but that's how master+ tosses defend.
10/21/2016 06:08 AMPosted by Annihilator
If p has good probe splits each mine will get 3 (usually less) probes and deny maybe 5sec of mining so the mines + medivac rarely pay for themselves. Dunno if you have the mechanics to do that, but that's how master+ tosses defend.

Yeah, but you don't have very much time to do that- around half a second from when the mines drop or else they'll trigger on your fleeing probes, blowing them all up.