I might have burnt myself out

General Discussion
Now every time i play a game of starcraft, i feel nothing but stress and anxiety. Additionally, when i lose, i get upset and frustrated because of how much better the enemy was and i get especially mad if i lose to multiple cheeses in a row. I think i should take a long break from this game.
11/06/2016 04:20 AMPosted by DankDoctor
Now every time i play a game of starcraft, i feel nothing but stress and anxiety. Additionally, when i lose, i get upset and frustrated because of how much better the enemy was and i get especially mad if i lose to multiple cheeses in a row. I think i should take a long break from this game.

Or you can just try off racing for a bit.

Or watch some pro's play and learn some new !@#$ instead of playing the game itself.

We've all been there with SC2, but if you want to keep improving you need to keep playing.

Just remember at the end of the day, you'll make it brah.
If you want do defend cheese you have to SCOUT.

Two quick refineries= possible 3 rax reaper - build marines constantly, add barracks and factory, build tanks or hellions

Quick forge instead of gateway - Cannon Rush - Build marines from your barracks, pull half of your SCVs and prioritize attacking cannons

Pylon Overcharge Rush - Bunker, cyclone lock on MSC/Pylon

Oracle- Put a missile tower or widow mine in your mineral line

Two Quick Gateways No Expansion- Some Adept/Stalker cheese/pressure - Build bunkers and vs adepts fully wall off

Warp Prism Adept - Build Cyclone, use Lock-On to kill his warp prism

Roach Ravager - Get a siege tank and medivac. Pick your tank with medivac to avoid biles. Note : Future balance patch will remove picking up sieged tanks by medivacs

Baneling Bust ( Early Baneling nest, lots of Zerglings produced) - Bunker, Hellions
agreed off racing resets everything emotionally
Burned. You may have BURNED yourself out. I dont think there is a way for one to get "Burnt" out as the word does not exist.
Also... welcome to StarCraft. That is how it has been for decades.
11/06/2016 04:20 AMPosted by DankDoctor

Why do you think, that someone who cheeses is good at the game and you also play terran, weakest race.
Ye do breaks, it helps for sure, but i don't think, there is another way to overcome anxiety, than by playing more games.
I played everyday for 14 months straight and then needed a 3 month break w/ 0 SC2. Now I'm back and less salty than at the end of the 14 months. Still more salty than when playing WoL/HotS though, I find LotV is just stress inducing. I like the nice and slow 6 worker start where the first few minutes of the game are just chill. If you do have extra APM and get too bored at the beginning w/ 6 workers then just micro the workers on minerals or hardcore micro a scouting worker to kill SCVs building the CC and stuff.
Why, you are playing Terran, of course.
that is why i i'll take a break too m8. This harasscraft is too much for me.
You may lose on the first 3 minutes if you don't scout on the beginning of the game.
Also reaper granades are the worst !@#$ that i have ever seen on SC, even worst than utra's armor.
11/06/2016 10:06 AMPosted by Inglorious
Burned. You may have BURNED yourself out. I dont think there is a way for one to get "Burnt" out as the word does not exist.

Actually both burnt and burned are real words and acceptable past tense versions of burn. Burned is more common in America, burnt is more common in Britain, apparently.
11/07/2016 12:14 PMPosted by Koringul
11/06/2016 10:06 AMPosted by Inglorious

Actually both burnt and burned are real words and acceptable past tense versions of burn. Burned is more common in America, burnt is more common in Britain, apparently.

I love it when english !@#$s screw up english.
Play Co-Op .... its more fun mode, at least for me. Using many weapons without need of doing campaign repeat.

If you dont like it just dont play it. I found myself really enjoying co op mode.
I generally only come back to this game when I'm between games and waiting for something better to come out. It's fun for like a week, but every single time there's just one day where I lose like 9 in a row to cheesy BS, and it completely sours me to this game.

I'm at that stage right now, where I'm just really annoyed when I lose and only a little less annoyed when I win. I like challenging games, but difficulty isn't the issue here. I can't put my finger on it, but this game is just irritating in a way that's completely devoid of fun.

Ah well, FFXV will be out soon.
Try playing unranked and take breaks between your games to reflect and watch replays. It not only helps to calm you down but also helps you to improve and respect your opponents plays better (as you see how they could have been undone).