Stukov and Other Stuff Confirmed at Blizzcon

Co-op Missions Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
11/04/2016 03:35 PMPosted by Raven

Leaderboards are iffy for me as well. I'd prefer minimal balance changes to co-op, the fun of it is partly in how broken powerful each commander feels.

Exactly. When you bring in a leaderboard, you open up the game to "Game is horribly balanced! X Commander tops leaderboards! FIX IT!"
So what? It's a cooperative game mode. A leaderboard encourages the exact opposite of cooperation. So long as content is clearable in a fun way, no one should care if one commander does it better than another.
11/04/2016 02:16 PMPosted by Boggyb
11/04/2016 01:11 PMPosted by Yattien
Hit and a miss is personal opinion.

Any evaluation of the commanders is a personal opinion, so thanks for stating the obvious.

You phrased it as a fact, not your opinion. There is a difference.

Considering how hit and miss hero units have been

Is you phrasing something you consider a fact, especially when combined with

If he's like Zagara or Alarak, don't bother.

Your opinion would be:

"In my opinion hero units have been a hit and a miss..."
11/04/2016 01:30 PMPosted by foreignreign
11/04/2016 01:13 PMPosted by Zarxiel
Zerg

Zerran.
Terg
Wooo...

Some good news from Blizzcon...

...after finding out that D3 has just become a bigger polished turd than anyone imagined...
11/04/2016 04:49 PMPosted by Cybernetic
Wooo...

Some good news from Blizzcon...

...after finding out that D3 has just become a bigger polished turd than anyone imagined...

11/04/2016 01:17 PMPosted by Yattien
Blizzcon is better than Christmas :)

*Except for Diablo people.

Sorry :(
Leaderboards in Co-op? Interesting. Wonder why so many people are against them?

They could be completely pointless or a nice little measurement of how you do in co-op. Either way, seems easily ignorable to those want to ignore it.
RE: The whole leaderboard issue.

People talking about it causing balance issues and such...

Someone links some screenshots of it.. and it seemed to be split up per commander.

eg; it won't be causing commander balance issues because you are only being compared Nova to Nova... Kerri to Kerri, etc.

Now of course, which hero is BEST partnered with you while you try to 'rank' may cause some balance issues.. but far fewer then a 'single' leaderboard topped by raynors on lock and load, for example.

Either way, its something to bring more people to co-op.. so maybe my brutal ques will stop getting partnered with Hards.

We'll see how the toxicity level goes when it arrives.
Dead of Night.

They listened. They really listened. ;_; *happy tears*
11/04/2016 04:36 PMPosted by SirRethor

Zerran.
Terg

Humanized Zerg
I think best place to put leaderboards on is the Custom Mutation mode. That mode has barely any use for most people, but with a leaderboard, those who care about showing off could use it for whatever they want and compete with eachother, while the rest of coop playerbase could stay away from it. I really don't want any competition on normal coop.

The problem is, with its current setup, I'm really not sure myself how Custom Mutation could be made to work in a way that people don't abuse easy mutations for free points...

11/04/2016 05:20 PMPosted by Jeslis
Someone links some screenshots of it.. and it seemed to be split up per commander.
http://prnt.sc/d351kohttp://prnt.sc/d351h0
It's split up between maps, not commanders.
I agree completely that leaderboards sholdnt be added. It will be so hard to balance all of the heroes.But if you really insist, add option to play on leaderboards or just without ranking.
11/04/2016 03:53 PMPosted by Brogoth

Exactly. When you bring in a leaderboard, you open up the game to "Game is horribly balanced! X Commander tops leaderboards! FIX IT!"

[/quote]

That already happens.
11/04/2016 05:43 PMPosted by CrystalDazz
Dead of Night.

They listened. They really listened. ;_; *happy tears*

I am wondering if they'll have some version of Stettman giving research of some kind. I really liked that part of "Left 2 Die".
11/04/2016 04:36 PMPosted by SirRethor

Zerran.
Terg
NO... ZERGOMBIES!!!!
leaderboards in coop games are perfectly fine imo. they work just fine in games like COD zombies (where you can access them outside of the game to show max rounds and stuff like that), no one is super competitive there so they don't harm it at all.
ROOTVibe had an interview with Matt Morris, lead designer on co-op. It's the first 45 minutes of this video:

https://www.twitch.tv/vibelol/v/99077213
11/04/2016 10:47 PMPosted by JorgeCis
ROOTVibe had an interview with Matt Morris, lead designer on co-op. It's the first 45 minutes of this video:

https://www.twitch.tv/vibelol/v/99077213

There's also two other parts throughout his stream where he talks about Stukov, I don't know if you saw it all..........
I dropped some links on this post http://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20751465167 but I'm to lazy to do a full detailed post describing everything he said... Well, anyway, for the curious ones, you can follow some of those links and have fun
Blizzard has been killing it with co-op. I wish we were getting more mission packs as well, but they're still doing a great job. Every commander has been great, and Stukov looks awesome as well.
11/05/2016 01:07 AMPosted by typhoon
Blizzard has been killing it with co-op. I wish we were getting more mission packs as well, but they're still doing a great job. Every commander has been great, and Stukov looks awesome as well.

I love Stukov, and I think what they do is AMAZING
11/04/2016 11:58 AMPosted by IIIIIIIIIIII
September - Alarak
October - Nova
November - Stukov
3 commanders in 3 months. Amazing.

if we pay for it, it will come :D

glad they are seeing that Co-Op is paying off