New Tempest Ability

Protoss Discussion
Has anyone successfully been able to use this in the current Test Map ?

I know I am only gold, this only really works against static defense. Yes I know its one of its main purpose but also trying to defend a push from terran, trying to use this ability against a micro'ed army is all but impossible (at my skill level).

So therefore I am posting here, anyone getting success with it ?
In Masters League (EU) it works even less. Defending pushes is really impossible with it, enemy will just back up a bit when he sees that the spell gets cast or stims in.

Only use is for attacking vs a terran when he has a big siegeline and you contain him. But still Vikings can easily snipe the tempests before the ability gets casted.
Exactly, its very frustrating. I have not had one oppertunity where the ability actually did me any favors.
It's ok-ish vs Mech and Lurker compositions, but getting enough Tempests and supporting Templar/Oracle/Obs and Gate units to matter is another story.

11/15/2016 11:23 AMPosted by CodeDjinn
Exactly, its very frustrating. I have not had one oppertunity where the ability actually did me any favors.
Agreed.

The charging time is just too damn long.

If it was 2 seconds instead of 4, it could actually work much much better.
Honestly, I'm just frustrated with the design. It's the exact same problem as the Disruptor. If you get a good shot off, it's game-ending. If you don't, it's entirely worthless.
Another thing I very strongly agree. I really dislike the disruptor, especially trying to micro at my skill level. I do really feel having that gimmick in a game like StarCraft is really killing it.
11/16/2016 12:45 AMPosted by CodeDjinn
Another thing I very strongly agree. I really dislike the disruptor, especially trying to micro at my skill level. I do really feel having that gimmick in a game like StarCraft is really killing it.

Yup
Fully agree
I don't think I can land it on an AFK player it has THAT high of a cast time.