Master = 11% supposed to be 4%

General Discussion
Is Blizzard planning to reset mmr next patch, so that we get actual Master players and not Diamond 2 players in Masters league? ^^
11/11/2016 08:08 AMPosted by IlIlIlIlIlIl
Is Blizzard planning to reset mmr next patch, so that we get actual Master players and not Diamond 2 players in Masters league? ^^

I don't think the ladder's distribution algorithm was built to function under these particular circumstances (e.g., dead game).
I am not a GM player but managed to get to Grandmasters because of the MMR bug that was experienced early this season. I really hope Blizzard resets MMR next patch!
11/11/2016 08:10 AMPosted by IIIIIIIIIIII

I don't think the ladder's distribution algorithm was built to function under these particular circumstances (e.g., dead game).

FeelsBadMan
Hahaha Master = diamond LOL.
This is a side-effect of the provisional status everyone's MMR was set to this season, as well as all the free wins everyone got helping to lower the MMR of players that were off-racing. This should normalize within a season or two.
11/11/2016 09:44 AMPosted by Nathanias
This is a side-effect of the provisional status everyone's MMR was set to this season, as well as all the free wins everyone got helping to lower the MMR of players that were off-racing. This should normalize within a season or two.

It does cheaper the title of masters and gm though, which sucks. But then again I guess people back in WoL got masters and GM before the rax required a depot...so nothing new here? xD
Wow you need time to adjust the MMR, if they reset the system again, it will be the same thing as the beginning of this season. Remember you played 5 placement matches? The system is designed to improve over time. After the season placement match at the beginning of the season a lot of the masters with MMR lower then needed will be placed in diamond.
i must preferred master at 4% as well. there sure are some !@#$ players in it currently
11/11/2016 11:49 AMPosted by DankTemplar
It does cheaper the title of masters and gm though, which sucks. But then again I guess people back in WoL got masters and GM before the rax required a depot...so nothing new here? xD

Master league didnt even exist when you could do that
This game is completely broken with forced fast play and gimmicky OP units. For casual players at least the fun has been sucked out the game by the developers. I assumed Blizzard increased everyone up a level this season to stem the mass player exodus from the game.
11/11/2016 08:10 AMPosted by IIIIIIIIIIII

There is no distribution algorithm. In order to change the mmr points where people get promoted, they have to do it manually. This is why it's always wrong. They very rarely update it and dont really seem to care about it either.

If there actually was an algorithm to adjust the promotion levels every season to correct the distributions automatically they could have it nearly spot on. It doesn't matter how few people play, top 2% is top 2%. It should be achievable but blizzard has better things and games to work on
This inflation is likely due to a major (?) oversight in adjustments necessary for the separate MMR per race.
Simply realize the 11% means 11% of people have reached Master's MMR at least once this season on at least one of their four races.

It does not mean that 11% of player-race combinations currently have Master's MMR.

You seem to think the latter is true, but don't worry, it isn't.

It'd be a nice feature for Blizzard to add in the future where your portrait reflects the highest achieved league on the queuing race as opposed to the entire account.
Even masters players should be aware of the queens lack of a rally point.
This should normalize within a season or two.

It won't.
11/11/2016 02:04 PMPosted by HeavyFresh
11/11/2016 11:49 AMPosted by DankTemplar

Master league didnt even exist when you could do that

But the GSL did and Idra got knocked out for that very reason.
u guys are very clueless - u noticed that almost every master player played offrace casue seperate mmr per race and all get masters too with there offrace leage- so thats casue suddenly 11 procent instead of aroud 5 procent or 4 procent
11/13/2016 01:08 PMPosted by DavidKim
u guys are very clueless - u noticed that almost every master player played offrace casue seperate mmr per race and all get masters too with there offrace leage- so thats casue suddenly 11 procent instead of aroud 5 procent or 4 procent

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Yes, we should all be aware by now that Master players don't deserve to get Welfare Master with their off-races after only 5 lucky placement matches. That's why the separate MMR per race system is very flawed.