PvP cannon rush advice?

Protoss Discussion
I need help. I just got into LotV after playing WoL for nearly 4 years. But anyways I have never won against a cannon rush. I just don't get how to stop it. I know imma get hate for this post but how do I stop a cannon rush? sorry im only gold qq
The general idea is for you to pull probes and kill the building stuff. Pull 5 per building pylon or cannon, and you should be able to kill it. If they do get up, focus on getting stalkers, then immortals out.

Another thing you can do is use your scouting probe to build a nexus elsewhere. If they overcommit to cannons(which they probably will), then you can just macro up and crush them later.
I 14 Pylon scout and upon scouting the forge I just pylon block my ramp and then scout inside my base. It works about 90% of the time. They will be forced to start the cannons outside your base and it should give you enough time to get out stalkers and a MSC.
11/19/2016 08:19 AMPosted by Wobulator
Another thing you can do is use your scouting probe to build a nexus elsewhere. If they overcommit to cannons(which they probably will), then you can just macro up and crush them later.

I can't believe I never thought of that, thanks!
11/19/2016 12:16 PMPosted by Azzerxzz
11/19/2016 08:19 AMPosted by Wobulator

I can't believe I never thought of that, thanks!

Yeah the Mcanning defense.

Get a MSC and Chronoboost Waprgate and simply recall everything to the new base (Preferabbly Gold).
If they're bad at cannon rushes, like someone I played, getting stalkers and killing the forward pylons and cannons when you have around 5 stalkers can defeat this menace.
11/21/2016 06:46 PMPosted by Giwl
If they're bad at cannon rushes, like someone I played, getting stalkers and killing the forward pylons and cannons when you have around 5 stalkers can defeat this menace.

Often, that doesn't work(if you have 5 stalkers out, they're gonna have multiple cannons), but you can stop new ones from being built, which is almost as good.
11/21/2016 06:46 PMPosted by Giwl

You only need 3 Stalkers to kill a cannon with little micro and just shield damage.
I tried cannon rushing to block my opponents natural (first time I tried the cannon rush) and I should of won - I pulled my army over as he killed my pylon and killed his army but I was too slow to get in his base which he blocked with cannons himself lol but little did I know he had a pylon in the bottom left of my base and was warping adepts in - He actually had his scout probe in the bottom of my base for awhile and warped that pylon in as it left... I thought he had a warp prism...ended up losing. Was a fun game though. Learning! Was the map where both players start at the bottom with two island bases at the bottom below the catwalk, so that bottom part of your base yea really dont see.
I always scout after I put down my first pylon, a lot of people will say you lose mining time and you do but the knowledge you gain is greater. This also helps keep them honest.