Community Feedback Update - December 15

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
We’re thinking of a couple changes, and we’ll finalize on where to go depending on the community thoughts regarding these changes. But please remember that we would like to move pretty quickly while still in the offseason, so let’s start discussions as soon as possible!

Baneling health upgrade reduced from 10 to 5
It’s pretty clear at this point that +10 health was too much. We don’t think there would be a lot of argument that this isn’t the case. At the same time, we don’t think it’s a good idea to do a full-revert since the tech choices on the Zerg side are a bit better than they were throughout this year. Therefore, we wanted to try changing the bonus from +10 to +5.

Carrier Interceptor cost increased from 5 to 10
A nerf to the Carrier was definitely the biggest discussed topic since the last patch within our community. We wanted to start by making this change and see where the unit lands. If we need to take more steps, we can in the future.

For the Hydralisk, it’s still too early to make a call on where they have landed, but we have been getting feedback that they’re still strong in their current state.
Nice Dk.
Recently, Many terran says, Infestor should not use skill during burrow.
If you nerf this, Zerg say, nerf warp prism taking range.
Seems good, thanks for the feedback Dayvie!

Mind looking into the Raven though? The Auto Turret is way too strong at harassment and there have also been some complaints that Seeker Missile has too much damage.

Although I am not sure about Seeker Missile being too strong since micro can cancel or mitigate the damage to be meaningless, Auto Turrets are too powerful for harassment.

What about a Stalker buff for flat 14 damage? Or something with Zealot interaction where Charge doesn't have Zealots stack so Banelings aren't over-efficient at handling them?

What about the Infestor becoming at least a little easier to see when they burrow move so players who notice them at least micro to try dodging as much of the fungal as possible? Or what if Fungal didn't root enemies anymore because of the burrow casting being so strong?

Can I also interject a potential price change for Ghosts? I feel these units are amazing and not used as much, I think 150/150 for the Ghost again would be a tremendous help and provide more use for them since Bio needs those minerals more than gas.

Other than some of those ideas/concerns I like how the game has been. I don't feel bad about losing anymore because it feels like I actually have great answers for defense and offense again. Thank you dayvie!

Though harassment roles should still be reduced some I think.
For the hydralisk, even if it's strong, is it a core unit for zerg? I mean, there are definitely strong support and harass units out in the game, so I guess it's just a question of which role it is taking right now, because I thought the goal was to make it a core unit.

Playing as terran, I welcome the nerfs to the other races. :-P But seriously, they seem like reasonable nerfs based on my experience.
gogogogo patch it on live server :D
Half the GSL players look like scrubs getting luck based wins.

A proxied 1-1-1 here, lucky borrowed fungals there, you proud of this crap? Didn't send two workers to scout both the main and half the map immediately? Yew lewse. You did and he didn't cheese you? You're behind congrats.

Burrowed casting Infestor is cancer. You could've buffed it in another way but you had to make it the annoying gimmicky way. Whatever I'm done.
Some more ideas:
Buff hydra +20hp with a new upgrade
Make Viper cannot abduct massive unit
Remove Reaper grenade
Buff Cyclon AA
Nerf Raven turret/missile
Nerf Liberator AG damage or attack speed, and buff AA damage
Buff Battlecruiser, maybe +1 range
Make Zealots faster after charge upgrade
Add shield battery structure or give Sentry an ability to restore shield
remove pylon overcharge
Remove Disruptor shield damage
Interceptor still cost 25 but faster to be build.
Hydralisk has been reverted to its original range. Starting at 5. On creep they have a significant speed increase, but this is a defensive state. Agrressive Hydralisk are theoretically where they've always been. Could you elaborate what comments you've been reading or feedback and specifically state where they are too strong?
Personally I think they should just start witha flat range of 6 instead of having to research it.

As for the carrier, I thik it's a fair nerf, but we'll see. I think honestly a nerf in build time would have been just as effective.

The protoss Immortal buff was a step in the right direction as I'm enjoying the ability to move them around and not get ticked by a zergling and being 45 seconds no buff. However, I was wondering if maybe immortals' barrier could last a bit longer?

Stalker flat damage was proposed before and I was curious if there was any information in regaurds to this proposition? Seems like it's help Protoss against a LOT of their current issues.

Was wondering if maybe a reduction in recall cost would be benificial and would incentivise a move out with units to push with some leeway to mess up and make up for protoss immobility generally speaking.

Also, warp prism pick up range reduction to 5 would be something i'd like to test out. it would leave it in range if it stayed too long but far out enough it could escaped if microed correctly.
12/14/2016 09:59 AMPosted by Dayvie

There goes another of the zerg's buff from 3.8. And once again, it's not the burrow fungal.

12/14/2016 09:59 AMPosted by Dayvie
For the Hydralisk, it’s still too early to make a call on where they have landed, but we have been getting feedback that they’re still strong in their current state.

They're still strong at what they were strong pre-3.8. Timing attacks. And they're still not a core unit.
Buff the cyclone AA, it`s completely awful. And what about allowing Battlecruiser to fire while moving?
Since you're basicly undoing every Zerg buff, you might as well remove burrowed Fungal...

But if you do remove burrowed Fungal, please Buff Infested Terrans to keep Infestors as a viable tech choice. Preferably an armour and maybe an egg buff.

If you're going to nerf the Raven btw, nerf the SwarmHost too as well...
12/15/2016 12:10 PMPosted by memberberry
Whatever I'm done.

Thank. God.
Luckily I am not good enough at dealing with Banelings to notice the HP but Im sure it will be of help :D
Seems a good feedback for me. Thank you, Dayvie.

In my opinion, Zerg would be in a pretty strong and diverse state even if this buff got totally reverted but the proposed change is fine.

I think this does not solve the core issue that Carrier shuts down both mech and Zerg armies pretty hard. The unit is just too strong. Both mech and Zerg do not have reliable options to beat an army with Carriers + High Templar. That said, I think an increase to Interceptor cost to 15 would be more reasonable as it would stay on the middle road of what it is now and what it used to be.

Hydralisk
Please, do not touch the Hydralisk. The unit was good even before patch 3.8 and it got only better with a great speed boost on creep.

Cyclone
Please, Dayvie, address the Cyclone as we are asking for weeks straight. Where is the slight AA buff to this unit to make it more competitive besides cheesy uses?
According to my calculations if the current rate of reverts carries through the rest of the year and the next one we will all be playing Starcraft 1 by this time next year.

Yes, Starcraft 1, NOT Brood War
12/15/2016 01:00 PMPosted by Seizon
Seems a good feedback for me. Thank you, Dayvie.

In my opinion, Zerg would be in a pretty strong and diverse state even if this buff got totally reverted but the proposed change is fine.

I think this does not solve the core issue that Carrier shuts down both mech and Zerg armies pretty hard. The unit is just too strong. Both mech and Zerg do not have reliable options to beat an army with Carriers + High Templar. That said, I think an increase to Interceptor cost to 15 would be more reasonable as it would stay on the middle road of what it is now and what it used to be.

Hydralisk
Please, do not touch the Hydralisk. The unit was good even before patch 3.8 and it got only better with a great speed boost on creep.

Cyclone
Please, Dayvie, address the Cyclone as we are asking for weeks straight. Where is the slight AA buff to this unit to make it more competitive besides cheesy uses?

Even you have to admit, the only Zerg unit that needs a buff now is the Infested Terran :P
Unbelievable, lings are broken vs. Siegetanks (35 life vs. 40 damage) and now you want to do same with Banelings? What to play when everithing is nerfed (Brood Lords, Vipers, Hydra, Ultra..) Zerg is now weakest and it still is not enough? I am angry at the chaos and imbalance.
I find this change very useful and I hope it goes life.

The Baneling-Health-Buff really hurt players from all THREE RACES who aren't able to focus fire Banelings between 50 Zerglings, which is like 90% of players.

So since this patch really helps out the casual player, I hope it will be implemented soon.
12/15/2016 01:13 PMPosted by ThatDarkSlug
Even you have to admit, the only Zerg unit that needs a buff now is the Infested Terran :P

Yes, Infested Terrans are very underused indeed. Burrowed Fungal was the wrong buff to Infestors for sure. I just recommend caution when buffing Infested Terrans as they are basically free units and that kind of stuff is very problematic in the game already.