Community Feedback Update - January 19

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
01/20/2017 06:26 AMPosted by Overmind
Reducing the hydralisk to 1 supply would not break anything.

Ladies and gentleman ....... the zerg race. *applause
Charge too expensive - 200/200 is way to lot. And u Need this update right now to survive mid game pushes.
Adept now useless.
Stalker +1 upgrade should get +2 attack, not +1 as it is now. So u can longer survive T2 instead of fast tech to T3 ...
Maybe give Stalker more shields instead of nerfing Libs so they can survive 2 shots? It is the only unit early to deal with libs.

And mine, of Course, should not + damage shields.

Just try this, pls.
01/19/2017 11:27 PMPosted by GliTcH
This is the most disappointing community feedback to date IMO. Honestly, it feels like the dev team use these bulletins to stall or provide generic reasons why they did not invest any time into development. It's always a, "let's see how things work out.", or "the meta needs to settle." — type answer. There's rarely action, and when action is taken, it's buffs for things that nobody ever asked for. I mean, to be fair, there is a lot of complaining here, but the issues that are in the game right now — the real issues — I feel, are well known and understood by the community. How the balance designer can come along with a self-congratulatory standpoint right now just boggles my mind. Is Starcraft even in focus at Blizzard, or was this game wrapped up at the start of LOTV?

The disconnect between the balance team and reality is often overly evident. For example, Photon overcharge is one of the most hated abilities ever added to a video game and they are thinking of buffing it to fix a problem in pvt, despite better solutions that are healthy for the game and that won't impact other matchups.

Photon overcharge should be removed and protoss redesigned to be strong with actual functional units, but no let's double-down on protoss' broken design and buff the mothership core and as an added bonus screw up other matchups? Wtf?
Cancelling hydra buff is good, thanks for listening to us. However :
01/19/2017 09:33 AMPosted by Dayvie
From the pro side, we heard two main points of feedback: reducing the +shield damage of Widow Mines and reducing the overall effectiveness of Siege Tanks.

Please let us know your specific suggestions, thoughts on the pro suggestions, and then we can move forward with balance testing accordingly
So, PvT was fine before you buff the cyclone. PvT breaks after cyclone get backs it's range, players complain about 1-1-1 cyclone PvT allins, and the you conclude... tanks and mines are the problem ?

Please DK, consider the cyclone and the infestor problem :
Cyclone has 30 DPS vs light and a practical 40 DPS vs heavy. It's too much for regular early units, regardless of the MU. Dont create another TvT cancer like the reaper grenades, it really tears the fun apart from players. I suggest -1dmg to cyclone damage, so that it has 20DPS vs light and 30 vs heavy.

Fungle was extremely powerful and within good hands it could be game changing. No need for it to be casted burrowed, don't break late TvZ now that you fixed the ultras !

I would as well like to read something about reaper's grenade, but those are the main issues right now, consider doing something about them !
ZvP is so boring right now. Hydra timing attack, either win the game then or they get a mothership and carriers and nothing you make can touch them.
Atm, I don't think the Tempest is worth it's 6 supply cost. So I'd recommend either taking it back to 4 supply or increasing it's rate of fire. But that's just my opinion.
01/21/2017 02:30 PMPosted by Jwrath
ZvP is so boring right now. Hydra timing attack, either win the game then or they get a mothership and carriers and nothing you make can touch them.

Have you tried the new and improved swarm host? On some maps it's super hard to deal with them if you go for carriers cause the unit is so fast and it's a lot cheaper now. In fact the only P units that can catch it, I believe, are the phoenix, oracle and the blink stalker (stalkers having the same movement speed as swarm hosts).

Other than that, if you prefer sticking to something like hydras or corruptors then the appropriate carapace upgrade should be your first priority. Also if you're going for Hydra use them to kill the interceptors first as they can do that super quickly then the carriers are effectively just dead supply floating in the sky. He's also probably building lots of clumped up cannons and you often also see a lot of adepts, both of which can easily be dealt with the baneling. I'm gonna assume you already know the things I mentioned in this paragraph but I'm leaving it here nonetheless for newer players and such.

But I can totally see the whole carrier thing being a big pain in the !@#. I feel it's a lot to do with the current map pool as well though but that's just me speculating. If anyone feels I've left something out or that I've made an error feel free to point it out.
We’ve been seeing more discussion regarding PvT. Our current position on this matchup is that we aren’t seeing a specific problem that needs to be fixed.

sOs, Innovation and Zest on PvT during Nation Wars IV tonight:
https://clips.twitch.tv/ogaminginter/AdventurousHeronOptimizePrime

"and also,right now,in terms of balance,terran has big advantage against protoss"
01/21/2017 10:45 AMPosted by Damenx
01/20/2017 06:26 AMPosted by Overmind
Reducing the hydralisk to 1 supply would not break anything.

You're right, 1 supply hydras would mean we'd finally be able to play as zerg in sc2.
Protoss sucks !@# against Terran right now. Please do SOMETHING to help.

It's beyond obvious that the matchup is $%^-ed beyond all reasoning right now.
David Kim: No matter which approve you decide is the best. Do not ask us for our approval next week. JUST DO IT.
I want to use Hydras more, but I think that addressing T and P first would be better, and I'd like to see how Zerg players tackle the new maps. They're fine, just not great, so no complaints from me.

Carriers and Interceptors feel very gross to watch and to play against in 3.8 but since P struggles vs T I don't want to see them changed until something else which affects that matchup is changed, and apparently they aren't being looked at right now, sooo...

Widow Mines. They're powerful in every league on ladder and in many tournament games against the weaker pros as well as the very strong pros, it seems like most people feel they're just too strong and that they feel bad to play against. I don't see any great reason not to nerf them. I like the suggested change, though I would like something a bit more if Libs don't get a big change.

The last big patch seemed pushed out way too quickly, but I'd like to hear how testing for these changes looks soon.
내가 하다하다못해 한글로 글올린다. 왜 한국프로게이머들이나 한국유저들의견은 코빼기도 안들으시는지 모르겠네요? 뭔 히드라 버프를 하는데 고민을해요. 히드라 롤백한뒤에 쓰이기나 하는줄아세요? 니들이 히드라를 주력유닛으로 쓰길바란다면서 왜 거의 쓰지도 못 하게만들어놓냐고요. 그러면서 울트라너프 무리군주 너프 장난 ? 아 대격변맞네 ^^ 저그삭제대격변^^ 진짜 열받아서 여기다가 쓴다. 왜 ? 한국서버껀 읽지도않잖아 ~ 궁금하니까 해석이라도 해볼수있겠다는 생각으로 글올려본다, 진ㅉ ㅏ너무하네, 뭐 해외 저그가 OP? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 어처구니가 없다. 한국서버에서 다이아3에서 놀아도 여기서놀면 다이아1도찍고 마스터도 찍어요 저그로., 왠줄알아요 ? 여기 테란이랑 한국테란비교해보면 하늘과 땅차이에요. 테란이 째면서 견제안들어오면 저그도 당연히 째죠 한타싸움만 잘해놓으면 저그가 이기기쉽거든요ㅡ 그렇다고 뭐 산개컨트롤이좋아? ㄴㄴ그것도 아니야, 전체적인 수준이 아주낮아요 해외게이머들 비롯해서 유저들은, 그러니까 상대적으로 스플래쉬데미지가 있는 1티어 유닛을 가진 저그가 강세를 가지는거죠, 군단숙주도 안싸우고 피해서 쿨빼고 싸우면되는ㄷ ㅔ 뭔 군숙이 OP야. 이번에 보시다시피 해외에서 OP라는 저그유저들 한국게이머들한테 여러대회에서 박살나고있습니다. 제발 편애하지말고 객관적인 시선으로 좀 바라보세요, 저그 너프했다고 이러는게아닙니다. 테란대 토스전도 지금 밸런스 얄짤없는데 그닥 신경안쓰시는것같던데요 ? 사도 너프하는데는 뭐 몇달이 걸린 보상인가요 ? 그럼 인정합니다 .
쨌든 징징거리기는 싫었는데 딱하나부탁합니다 한국서버에도 신경좀쓰에요.
Please take care of Korea server . ok ?
swarmhost is too strong, mechanics has no chance...
01/21/2017 12:43 PMPosted by TriasElPony
Cancelling hydra buff is good, thanks for listening to us. However :
From the pro side, we heard two main points of feedback: reducing the +shield damage of Widow Mines and reducing the overall effectiveness of Siege Tanks.

Please let us know your specific suggestions, thoughts on the pro suggestions, and then we can move forward with balance testing accordingly
So, PvT was fine before you buff the cyclone. PvT breaks after cyclone get backs it's range, players complain about 1-1-1 cyclone PvT allins, and the you conclude... tanks and mines are the problem ?

Please DK, consider the cyclone and the infestor problem :
Cyclone has 30 DPS vs light and a practical 40 DPS vs heavy. It's too much for regular early units, regardless of the MU. Dont create another TvT cancer like the reaper grenades, it really tears the fun apart from players. I suggest -1dmg to cyclone damage, so that it has 20DPS vs light and 30 vs heavy.

Fungle was extremely powerful and within good hands it could be game changing. No need for it to be casted burrowed, don't break late TvZ now that you fixed the ultras !

I would as well like to read something about reaper's grenade, but those are the main issues right now, consider doing something about them !

There are other things as well, maybe you have noticed that the liberator was strenghtened due the tempest nerfs? Also the other zone control tools were boosted with this change. So having a look at these units does not really seem a wrong move.
01/21/2017 08:16 PMPosted by Ace
01/21/2017 10:45 AMPosted by Damenx

You're right, 1 supply hydras would mean we'd finally be able to play as zerg in sc2.

Rofl...even if you were a biased zerg this is beyond embarassing.
01/19/2017 10:04 AMPosted by Damenx
Hydralisk buffs
We heard your feedback, and it sounds like majority of you would like to shelf the Hydralisk buff for now. We’ll revisit this discussion if concerns about the unit come up again.

Also ty for finally closing the door on this. Buffing zerg for no reason while protoss struggles was absolutely ridiculous.

A) In zvt speedivacs completely dominate the matchup and set the pace of the game. This happens because zerg doesn't have a good anti-air fighter. The mutalisk isn't a good anti-air fighter-- it is an evasion unit. It's also made of paper AND they stack which means the entire muta glob is hyper-sensitive to splash. Losing air control means losing the game and that can happen way too easily with mutalisks. Mutulisks always either completely REK or get completely REKT and there is very little middle ground. Zerg needs a form of anti-air that doesn't walk on a razors edge.

Hydralisks could provide better consistency at the cost of being unable to harass, while mutalisks would provide the ability to harass at the cost of being more risky.

B) Skytoss REKS zerg mainly because the Hydralisk melts like butter to storms and corruptors melt like butter to void rays. This means that no matter what the zerg makes the protoss has a simple and absurdly effective counter that will swing the battles in his favor to an extreme degree. An air army that can melt all forms of enemy anti-air is broken.
01/19/2017 02:48 PMPosted by IIIIIIIIIII
State of the game
The overall quality of the events around the world seem pretty solid. Of course there will always be balance issues here and there that we will work on, but how the game’s show since the major patch look great so far.

Therefore, we wanted to congratulate everyone that has contributed towards making the game the way it is! Congratulations to the pro players out there who really push the limits of the game, the viewers who keep SC2 going strong, our community who work so hard to improve the game together with us, and everyone behind the scenes to make everything happen! Thank you!

David im glad you dont listen to the protoss crybabies ...........
they had it EXTREMY EZ during hots ......... its PURE LOGIC that the moment the game become more fair they re facing some difficulties ...... BUT its just a L2P issue....... since they played the EASIEST RACE in the game for YEARS !!!!
playing bio with terran is the hardest thing in the game........ you also NEED to make mech VIABLE ........

It´s pure logic you cryed for so long and now you come back here to cry some more because DK is looking to nerf you again. I think you have the problem , not the protosses
Balance means nerf Protosses. Since 2010
01/21/2017 04:14 PMPosted by Caligo
Atm, I don't think the Tempest is worth it's 6 supply cost. So I'd recommend either taking it back to 4 supply or increasing it's rate of fire. But that's just my opinion.

The PvT problem shouldn't be solved by buffing the Tempest because that would buff Sky toss too and that does not need buffing.