Community Feedback Update - January 23

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Posted on behalf of Lead Multiplayer Designer David 'Dayvie' Kim:

Liberator Concord Cannon damage changed from 85 to 75.
While there has been a lot of great feedback regarding suggestions for PvT, this change looks to be the solution proposed by many players out there. However, we wanted to confirm with you before making this move. Because a change like this targets the specific problem and is a very small change outside of that, we wanted to get your thoughts on possibly pushing this out to the live game as early as next week.

Further Changes
The above change will definitely make a difference in PvT, so we want to make sure things are looking good before making other balance calls. So any further changes will most likely go to the Balance Test Map first. We are currently still seeing discussions around Carrier strength in PvZ, Widow Mine strength in PvT and Hydra health changes. If further changes are needed, we will take action on them as well.

This balance test map can go live as early as next week as well, so please give us your thoughts.

Thanks for continuing to work with us to make StarCraft II the best game that it can be!
I'm finally gonna sleep well tonight.

Edit: Increasing interceptor cost to 15 may be enough. Widow mine is much harder to tweak. Revert the splash to HotS patch 2.1 BU 2 ? http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Widow_Mine_(Heart_of_the_Swarm)

Or decrease single target damage ? Maybe a mix of both, with a slight decrease in bonus damage against shield ? Anyway it should be nerfed, since +2 liberators will be as powerfull as before.

And hydralisks will be fine if these changes go live.
01/23/2017 11:18 AMPosted by Traysent
we wanted to get your thoughts on possibly pushing this out to the live game as early as next week.

Yes, push it.

PS: not so minor update, Stalker will survive two shots with 10 hp left! But, still, go for it.
I suspect the lib change will help. Stalkers needed to die in more shots and off by heart this fixes that issue.

If the meta just changes to mass tank mine with lib support then the widow mine may need to be addressed.

Id like to see focus on burrowed infestors and ravens next. Both of which are about as bad for the game as the tankivac was.

This lib nerf also doesnt adequately adress tvt where libs are invalidating mech with advanced ballistics.

Push the test map. Lets see where this ends up. Just keep an open mind because it might not be the best solution.
good! protoss will be op! T erran is dead!
Why is Blizzard trying so hard to kill liberator harrass? First you buff queens, so liberator harrass is terrible in TvZ, and now you want to remove it from TvP as well? I really think you should look at other options to balance TvP as it is slightly Terran favored at the moment.
I'd really like to see the queen range touched so that other air harass options are allowed in the game now that Liberators are being toned down so heavily.

Either way this is a good change pushing the game in a positive direction
If you take this route i would appreaciate damange nerf without upgrades liebrator, +1 / +2 and +3 damage should remain the same so late game terran will be untouched because it's fairly hard right now, mid game nerf is deserved
Cool!

Can you put Nathanias' other two suggestions on the balance test map then?

*Remove advanced ballistics
*Switch health of Viking and Liberator

They just seem so plainly good to me, would be a shame to not try them.
Good change for PvT. Should also be an indirect "buff" to Hydras in ZvT as Hydras won't get 1-shot by Libs.
Yeah buff hydras and nerf WMs and carrier intercepter cost.
Yes, test out several changes on the balance test map.
Bring the tankivac back, the new siege tanks is so boring. Also remove
shields damage of widow mines. And please dont buff zerg, zerg is as strong as it can be. and Maybe removing thermal lance and let have the colossus with the range (you know like you did with siege tanks) may help TvP stabilise better
This is a step in the right direction.
1Though I would like to get a WM nerf, because it helps more then the liberator nerf. Also it would support the Charge+ HT Style. (with liberator also less focus on HT)
01/23/2017 12:03 PMPosted by Richard
Good change for PvT. Should also be an indirect "buff" to Hydras in ZvT as Hydras won't get 1-shot by Libs.

Will it help against roaches and ravagers too or not?
Blizzard also consider nerfing auto turrets and swarm hosts. Put many changes on the test map, you dont have to implement all of them right away.
The WM losing the +40 shield splash damage would be a much better change.
01/23/2017 12:24 PMPosted by Edowyth
The WM losing the +40 shield splash damage would be a much better change.

Removing photon overcharge will be the best change for the game lol.
01/23/2017 11:18 AMPosted by Traysent
Posted on behalf of Lead Multiplayer Designer David 'Dayvie' Kim:

Liberator Concord Cannon damage changed from 85 to 75.
While there has been a lot of great feedback regarding suggestions for PvT, this change looks to be the solution proposed by many players out there. However, we wanted to confirm with you before making this move. Because a change like this targets the specific problem and is a very small change outside of that, we wanted to get your thoughts on possibly pushing this out to the live game as early as next week.

Further Changes
The above change will definitely make a difference in PvT, so we want to make sure things are looking good before making other balance calls. So any further changes will most likely go to the Balance Test Map first. We are currently still seeing discussions around Carrier strength in PvZ, Widow Mine strength in PvT and Hydra health changes. If further changes are needed, we will take action on them as well.

This balance test map can go live as early as next week as well, so please give us your thoughts.

Thanks for continuing to work with us to make StarCraft II the best game that it can be!
can you put it out like tomorrow? that be AWESOME