OtH/OtR (IC thread)

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
Just to keep this moving and alive I'm and dming that Zack got the apartment number as well as the floor and relayed it to Jake. Floor 8 apartment 5.
03/18/2017 06:10 PMPosted by LeKroger
[Freeman]

As I exit the transport and start to scan the crowd looking for the man.

IC:
Following the Captain out out of the transport, Peter begins looking through the crowd before shaking his head in disgust;
{Really wish we had some eyes in the sky right now, would make this a whole hell of a lot easier, the crowd's just too damn thick. If we're going to have any chance at finding him, I say we pair off and spread out.}
[Matsu]
With both the floor and apartment number in mind Jake makes his way down from the roof, his cloak effortlessly maintained by his Circus suit, heading for Floor 8 first and foremost. [Damn I hate really tall buildings.] He thinks to himself as he avoids cameras and residents alike.

[Kitanaka]
Tari was sitting against the wall in an observation room looking out over the void of space and the planet they were approaching. Another hour or two and the transport would be landing at the main Chau Sara Starport, her stop before the next step of finding some prior compatriots.
[Freeman]

{I was about to tell you to spread out. He should be around this area.}

[DM]

Freeman moves slowly through the crowd looking left and right.

Dan Flint leaves the bank he was at nearly a quarter mile south of the group slightly noticeable if anyone in CMC looks his way, more noticeable from higher ground. (Remember that the armor makes them few feet taller than normal civilians.)

Matsu has little issue going down to the eighth floor with little issue of running into tenets though the cameras were every where.

[John Flint]
After an hour I lock the door and head to my vulture bike. I head to the spaceport next to see if the new parts for my racing vulture were in.
[Zack]

After the manager had seemed to notice that Zack had searched his mind for the information they needed, he decided to keep that in mind as he took up an overwatch position on the front door out of the way. {The manager seemed to notice me searching his mind. This definitely isn't a run of the mill middle class apartment building.}
IC:
[Peter]
With slow and careful steps Peter begins weaving his way through crowds, his thumb never leaving the safety of his AGR-14;
{Probably just a low level psychic that the gov. missed. They tend to be more aware of telepathic intrusions. Happens from time to time. Could be wrong, or it could be why our target picked this apartment building specifically.}

[???]
As Dan Flint makes his way through the crowd a hurried young man runs into the former UED operative, almost knocking them both over;
"Oh my god, I'm so so sorry! I'm running late to an appointment! So sorry!"
The young man shouts over his shoulder as he dashes off through the crowd before Dan has a chance to respond. In the aftermath, Flint finds himself holding a small comm link that the young man had pressed into his hand during the confusion.
[DM]

Dan looks at the fleeing man curiously and shrugs. He then continues his route unknowingly heading close to the team. (He is now just a few blocks away and will have line of sight of Freeman by the end of this post with how the crowd is moving. Anyone can visibly see him now and he his south of the team. The apartment is east north east of their position.)
As he walks he slips the hand with the comm piece up to his ear and placing it in when he scratches his ear and moves his hat some.

[Freeman]
{Copy thay Zach. There wasn't anything mentioned in the files for that guy, probably a missed low level teep. Not much we can do about that however. Take him out if he gives any signs of making trouble. }

I continue slowly head toward the coffee shop he was last seen at (west of the groups location) still scanning the crowd looking for the man.
IC:
[???]
After a couple of moments, the comm crackles to life, a heavily filtered voice coming through:
{{Mr. Golovko, This is Ace. I'll be brief. You're walking into a trap. There's a Dominion Hunter team spreading out through the streets around you. And I believe there's already Hunter's inside your apartment complex. If you can slip the net now, I can provide an extraction.}}
[Zack]

{Understood, sir.} Turning off his mic for the time being, he keeps an eye out for security that could be a problem.
[Mika]
Prompted earlier by one of my team-mates' wishing of "eyes in the sky" I try uplinking to some old or any satellites with cameras able to see down into the city; hopefully with a good enough resolution and detail to spot individuals, or at least unusual movement.
[Dm]

One satellite has eyes on the team in the main street and another seems to be following a man that appeared to be their target, who is now in view of the group and stopped to look towards the captain.
[Mika]
{I'm sending a live video feed to all of you; one has eyes on the main team and the other has got our target. If you lose sight, just look at your HUD it should be uploaded soon.} I relay to the main team, still fiddling with my wrist-pad.
[Freeman]

{Copy that.} I take a moment to look at the video to get an idea of where our target was. Getting a few surrounding details from the video I realize he was almost right in front of me. I look up and see him looking at me.
{Target in sight. Peter and Mika, take up position on my left. Emily and Jared take the right. Move quickly and try to box him in. }

I move forward slowly through the crowd not letting the man out of my sight.

[Dan]
{I see that Mr. Ace. I can try to escape them but it appears one of them have noticed me.}

I turn to the right and try to loose myself into the crowd.
[Mika]
{Moving.} I say concisely and slowly but decisively move through the crowd to Freeman's 9 O' clock, moving quick to get close as soon as possible but slow enough not to be too noticeable.
[Matsu]
{I've found Flint's apartment, checking the door for traps before I move inside} I radio to the entire team, keeping my voice quiet just in case. As I wait for any potential replies I get to work checking for traps of any form.

[Tari]
Disembarking from the Transport I look around the spaceport, even here looking for her old CO but not expecting to find him at the port itself. As well she stretches out her mind to see if she could find Flint.
[Dm]

The door is clearly not trapped but it is also a old style lock with not electrical components. It is locked.

Outside the apartment a man in CMC armor heads to the front doors and passes in with out any issue from the doormen.

Zack sees the man enter into the lobby and look around as though he is looking for someone.

Tari senses the familiar presence of John though it is different from the last time they met.

[Dan]

I pull out my datapad out to send a message before ducking it back into my jacket pocket.

[Freeman]

I keep moving closer starting to increase my pace and trying to keep him in view. The crowd was not hindering me much by means of moving against me but stopping to stare was more the issue.
{Good once your in start searching. I'm sure if he has something that verifies that he is Dan Flint it will be hidden well.}

[John]
I sign for the package and wait while the customs official goes to the back room to find it.
[Zack]

Spotting the man, Zack frowns and slips further out of sight, even though he was still cloaked, and opens the channel back up. {Someone in CMC armor just came in and started looking around for someone. I think someone knows we're here and looking for Daniel Flint.}
IC:
[???]
Silence reigns for over half a minute before the comm unit comes back to life once more;
{{Keep your relative heading and see if you can't pick up the pace a bit. You're looking for four CMC suits in Dominion colors with my mark on their visor. Pass them, and we'll see about an extraction. Ace out.}}

[Peter]
{Copy that} The team's medic replies. Stooping slightly to lower himself below the average head height, Peter fans out through the crowd and begins heading for Dan Flint using the satellite feed.
[Matsu]
I bite back a 'Captain obvious' retort as I get to work on the door, a nice EM-forged key should do the trick. {See if you can get rid of them.} I reply to Zack as I fiddle with the makeshift key until everything clicked into place and I could undo the lock and get inside to really start my current job.

[Tari]
Upon sensing John's presence, though he had changed a good deal, but of course I should have expected that, I zero in on him. "At least he's still alive, contacting him here isn't a good idea, should get a vulture or something." I murmur to myself as I fiddle with my datapad, making it look as though I was looking something up and indeed I was as I searched for a vehicle rental near by. As I make to leave the starport I gently touch his mind, hoping he'd perhaps recognize my mental presence and allow a quick exchange.
[Dm]

The man is greeted after a few minutes by a man that was at the bar. The two then go to the bar to discuss their business.

The lock clicks audibly and the door opens without so much of a squeak. Inside the apartment appears to be furnished just enough for some base comfort. A desk with a computer sits next to a piano. The kitchen is to the left of the main entry way and a small hall leads to a bedroom and bathroom. A coat rack sits next to the doorway with a few different overcoats resting on it's pegs.

[Freeman]
{If you can confirm he is there to interfere with our mission remove him. Matsu have you gotten into the apartment?}

As the rest over the squad closes in I begin to pick up my pace ready to break into a run if the man starts to run.

[Dan]
In the distance I see the four suits of armor standing near an intersection. I glance over my shoulder to see where the soldiers were and see the man that appeared to be the captain picking up his pace. Knowing I had to move quickly I break into a run and prep a smoke grenade in case I needed to further mask my escape.

[John]

Sensing Tari's mental presence caught me off guard. I quickly look around to see if she was within sight and did not see her. The person at the counter gave me a curious look before I said I had thought someone said my name.

If you can read me Tari meet me at my residence on the edge of town.