[Extension Mod] Allied Commanders Melee

Map Showcase
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
Elfis, thank you, I'll look into it!
hi, sry for my english 1st)

02/02/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Elfis
if you want to base your mod off mine instead of the origina

i used blizzard mod and add my starting triggers. no selection commanders in game, instead select them like races in menu. so we could play something like 4x4)
currently i just fixing bugs without balance changes.

02/02/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Elfis
If by chance you fix the trigger set that is supposed to allow you to select resources in each mineral and gas geyser, gimme. I may do that eventually, but I'm sure it will take me at least half a day to a day. I poked at it briefly once and failed.

what trigger? swann vespene drone? or something else?
My mod is a modified version of Kishkuma's mod. The first 6 pages of this thread are about that mod.

Kishkuma's "Allied Commanders Melee" mod takes the Blizzard "Allied Commanders" mod, which is used for the co-op mode, and combines it with the melee dependencies and extra triggers that allow you to select and use commanders on melee maps. You'd think that would be easy, but it is not and must have taken a lot of time for Kishkuma to make.

If you want to make your own mod, you can start with his, which is vanilla Co-op balance except for bugs (the editor just seems to create them out of nowhere when combining the Allied Commanders mod with regular maps). To do this, you have to know when you downloaded his mod. Search your computer for a file a bit over 3 MB created at that time. It will have a garbage name of random letters and numbers. Rename it to whatever you like, and rename the extension to SC2Mod. Put it in Starcraft/Mods directory and edit with editor.

Or you can start with mine, which is unlocked and I did fix a few of the bugs I found. The open dialog box in the editor will let you find and open it if you figure out how it works. You can then modify it as desired and save it on your own computer, and can re-publish it as your own if you wish. Try to have a little dignity and not publish crap. You notice that when I remade this one, I clearly described the balance changes I made that people might not like in the "patch notes" section of the mod info. If you use mine, you'll likely want to get rid of my balance modifications. I described how to do that in a previous post. Find green entries related to Swann and Abathur balance and right click -> reset.

One set of triggers in Kishkuma's mod is supposed to let you set how many resources are in mineral patches and geysers, but he never got it working. I briefly tried fixing it but failed, and that's what I mentioned above.

If you're saying that you actually got your mod working like that, selecting commanders in the lobby and able to play 4v4, then good job! What is the mod called?
02/03/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Elfis
One set of triggers in Kishkuma's mod is supposed to let you set how many resources are in mineral patches and geysers, but he never got it working. I briefly tried fixing it but failed, and that's what I mentioned above.

do u mean "Update Resources" action?
seems ok but weird. and u need behavior for each set of resources.
pick each mineral field -> remove behavior -> add new one
currently here no such behavior on data.

02/03/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Elfis
If you're saying that you actually got your mod working like that, selecting commanders in the lobby and able to play 4v4, then good job! What is the mod called?

Co-op PvP by KingCobra. currently on eu only
Ah, I didn't find any other working Co-op mods on NA (there are a couple worthless ones). If yours works, you should put it on NA. It just takes a couple minutes to log in and create a character name.
PvP is entirely broken both teams auto win as the match starts and even if you place each other on opposite teams

and one person will have there minerals automatically given to the other

and locked alliances is locked to yes

please fix ;_;
I haven't tried pvp and the original mod creator seems to be gone, so unless I get heavily into modding in the future, then I guess that just doesn't work :(
02/09/2018 07:53 PMPosted by whatevuh
PvP is entirely broken both teams auto win as the match starts and even if you place each other on opposite teams

and one person will have there minerals automatically given to the other

and locked alliances is locked to yes

please fix ;_;

you can try my mod:)
It seems like people have said that it works for pvp in some circumstances actually, so there's probably some settings that will let you pvp to some degree. KingCobra, did you put your mod on NA?
02/10/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Elfis
It seems like people have said that it works for pvp in some circumstances actually, so there's probably some settings that will let you pvp to some degree. KingCobra, did you put your mod on NA?

yes
I tried KingCobra's mod and it may be great for pvp. It seemed to work just like he says. It's called Co-op PvP by KingCobra.
I return! For a little while. I will be in the hospital next week so probably not getting much done then.

First, let me say thank you to all of you for your continuing interest in this mod, and to Elfis for putting in so much work to try and keep it alive!

Second, I am almost ready to release my own unlocked version without the campaign additions I made, as I mentioned at the end of last year. I have added extensive comments regarding what I changed and why, as well as a brief summary of changes in a Word doc so you know what functions to look at (all modded functions are marked in the trigger editor with * as well). This mod has minimal bug fixes (just Han and Horner missing researches atm).

Third, I still intend to keep working on this, but as you may have guessed from me being in the hospital soon, things have not gone well for me health wise (indeed I am fighting through near-constant myoclonic seizures as I write this, though they are thankfully minor atm).

To that end, questions/comments about the mod's future:

If anyone would be interested in maintaining versions for Russia/EU I would appreciate it! I do not have accounts there. If making them is easy I can try just doing that though.

The unlocked version will be available to anyone; I have not looked at yours, Elfis, but I am guessing based on my own past efforts at dissecting locked mods that the triggers were not available to edit in your version? Or am I wrong?

THANK YOU to Meteor (and any others I can't remember) for figuring out that the AI inherits stuff from the commander they have selected if there is no human player 2. This explains a LOT. I will fix the AI supply cap issue and hopefully we can figure out the others.

To those using my (or Elfi's) mod as a base, I hope from now on you can use mine as a dependency so we don't end up with competing versions. If there are things you want to add/fix for the main mod you can download and edit this one freely, and if you send me your fixes I can incorporate them (with credit to you).

Sorry again for my long absence! Chronic illness sucks. Update should publish within the next hour.
Allied Commanders Melee: Core and Allied Commanders Melee: Core (Dev Branch) are now uploaded at v1.2.

Should be functional. No AI supply cap fix yet sadly, problem wasn't what I thought it was. Any gamebreaking bugs let me know.

Mod is unlocked and currently only available on NA; will be looking into making accounts on other servers to upload there? Not sure how it works yet but will look at it.

Will be replacing the old Allied Commanders Melee with my campaign mod once I have it up and running as its own separate thing.

EDIT: Oh right. Dev branch has my own personal cheat mod included. It is what I use for testing. Don't use it for your actual mods. It is mostly for my personal use but I made it available in case anyone else finds it useful. (I am sure there are better cheat/testing dependency mods out there, but this is what I use. Open the help menu in-game to see a list of cheats and their keys/commands.)
Working on uploading Mod Guide Summary to DropBox; no-formatting version included below. Will add DropBox link when available. Guide assumes you are starting with the basic Allied Commanders mod from blizzard downloaded through BNet, and trying to create an updated version of the Melee mod to be able to use new triggers (such as when a new commander is released). May or may not be useful as it was written mostly for me to remember what the heck I was doing each time I updated.

EDIT: DropBox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbmdtuij8diab04/Allied%20Commanders%20Melee%20Guide.docx?dl=0

Copy all triggers from 4 Allied Commanders libraries: Open all 4 libraries, select everything, deselect the 4 actual libraries so you can copy/paste just the triggers. Sort them into new folders with same names as libraries (add Local for reference).

Attempt to save. There will be errors due to a couple of references breaking. Use script error warning to jump to locations, fix references (mostly just pointing them to their parameters), continue until you can save.

Now on to editing the actual functions. All edits have comments starting with Kish:, and all edited folders and triggers/functions have (*) appended to their names in the trigger editor.

Note format below is Folder > Subfolder > Item: General edit description. Everything is in order of how you encounter it in the triggers list, from top to bottom. (Except Templates under Mission, since it is a special case.)

Core (COOP) Local
Difficulty 2 > CC_DifficultyIndex : Add Elite+ difficulties (just keep numbers at 6)
Difficulty 2 > CC_DifficultyFromIndex: Add Extreme+ difficulties

Tech > Commanders & Leveling > CC_PlayerSetXPScores : Skip all
Tech > Commanders & Leveling > CC_PlayerCommanderSet: Disable online check and blizzard-only function
Tech > Commanders & Leveling > CC_UpdatePlayerLevel: Disable online check
Tech > CC_ApplyTech: Disable color calls at end

Initialization 4 > Load Allied Commanders Data: Preserve UI, force Debug start
Initialization 4 > CC_SaveAllTransitionData: Disable BNet saving
Initialization 4 > CC_LoadAllTransitionData: Disable BNet loading
Initialization 4 Development Mode > CC_DevStartupBegin: Disable dev mode check, force Debug Commander Pick
Initialization 4 > Development Mode > CC_DevStartupFinish: Disable CC_ScoreInit

Utilities > Commander Groups > Player is Commander: Add check for human player as 1st conditional
Utilities > Human Players (Old): Return true if Human AND if Player 1 or 2 (THIS BREAKS COMMANDER SELECT)

Mission (COOP) Local
Templates: DELETE ENTIRE FOLDER

Coop AI
> Coop AI Attack Force Creation > Coop AI Attack Wave Buckets: Rename to Coop AI Attack Wave Buckets Local
> Coop AI Attack Force Creation > Coop AI Tech Level Buckets: Rename to Coop AI Tech Level Buckets Local
> Coop AI Attack Force Creation > CM_CoopAI_AttackForce_DropTerran: Fix race references
> Coop AI Attack Force Creation > CM_CoopAI_AttackForce_DropZerg: Fix race drop pod references
Difficulty > Difficulty Value Coop (all 4): Add elite+ difficulties, all return Unlikely
Mission Tech > Starting Tech > CM_StartingTech: Disable shared power
Mission Tech > Starting Tech > CM_StartingTechForHumanPlayer: Remove/replace units based on commander
Unit Based Actions > Rally Point > CM_BestWorkerRallyMineral: Add all missing mineral types
Unit Based Actions > Rally Point > Set Worker Rally Point: Add section for non-casual with all town hall types
Unit Based Actions > Rally Point > Set All Worker Rally Points For Player: Add all town hall types
Player Based Actions > Allied Commanders Player Color: SetPlayerColors > Add parameter, new switch statement
Player Based Actions > Difficulty Level For Player (Coop) : No check, just return player
Initialization 2 > Coop Preset Commander And Team: Add human check using playerID to both conditionals
Initialization 2 > CM_CampaignMissionInit: Preserve UI, Disable difficulty, AI, and Player Group settings
Initialization 2 > CM_CampaignMissionInitialize: Disable CC_StatRecordMapStart

UI (COOP) Local
Development > AI Personality Choice
> CU_AIChoiceClosed: Rename (add Local)
> CUC_AIChoiceEventClosed: Rename (add Local); Change string (add Local)
Development > Commander Select
> Variables 2 > CUC_CommChoiceEventClosed: Rename (add Local); Change string (add Local)
> copy Set Player Level and Mastery function and add it (above CU_CommanderDisplay)
> CU_CommanderDisplay: Add Set Player Level and Mastery function call
> CU_CommanderClosed: Rename (add Local)

NOTE: If you are making a new version of this mod and not using my data, please note the following:
Stukov Refineries need to copy Built On settings from normal Refinery
Raynor needs to have his command cards fixed for Barracks, Fusion Core, and Tech Lab (Factory and Starport)
Allied Commanders Melee v8.0 is now live. Slightly updated from previous version but no significant changes except that it is now separate from the Core mod, and is unlocked and usable by anyone.

Hospital stay was delayed until next month for insurance reasons, so I may be able to do a bit more with this before then, health permitting.
Okay, I'm stumped. I've opened and saved the Blizzard Allied Commanders mod in my mods folder, tried a ton of variations, and still get the "Dependency data could not be loaded".

Any help?
03/21/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Kishkuma
Allied Commanders Melee v8.0 is now live. Slightly updated from previous version but no significant changes except that it is now separate from the Core mod, and is unlocked and usable by anyone.

Thanks for all the hard work, been playing this mod for a long while. Additional thanks for unlocking the mod too, I had at one point hoped to make some hacks but ran into the brick wall. =)

A bug to report: I fired it up again a couple days ago and found that the Dehaka commander does not gain EXP and thus his upgrades/unlocks are unavailable beyond that which he starts with. This was functioning OK a few months ago so I assume one of the changes recently may have affected it. I've tried both the "Allied Commanders Melee" and "Core" mods with the same result.

03/21/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Kishkuma
Hospital stay was delayed until next month for insurance reasons, so I may be able to do a bit more with this before then, health permitting.

Be well!
Hi Kik, can you implement the latest round of changes that Monk and the coop team has done so far in their revamp of the classic co-op commanders.
Kik, any chance for an update with the latest balance changes (in 4.6.0) and including Tychus?
I've been on other games for awhile. Glad to see the creator of this mod came back at least briefly. Hope you're not in the hospital in bad shape, buddy.

My version of the mod is surely out of date by now, so hopefully someone is making a current one.

To the person wondering about the dependency error, you must search for the official Blizzard Co-op mod (and any other dependencies you don't physically have in your mods directory) from the editor's file menu, open it, and save a copy on your own computer in the proper mods directory because for some reason, the editor can't find it on Bnet automatically.

Edit: It looks like "All Stars: Co-op PvP mod by KingCobra" may be a working and updated co-op mod.