Team Game Matchmaking

General Discussion
Thats quitely ironic when you are the very same person that team killed me for no reason. Maybe you should point the finger at yourself when trying to find the problem.
Hey Blizzard could you please fix the matchmaking for 2on2? Its been over 18 month now and it keeps putting master league players into teams with gold-diamond players which is a terrible experience for all involved and kills streamers that want to show top master league games.

There is a reason that in 1on1 you dont match a GM with a gold player. Can you please use the same reasoning for team games? The current match making system is terrible.. please listen to us!
02/06/2017 06:42 AMPosted by Askur
There is a reason that in 1on1 you dont match a GM with a gold player.

It's called the number of active players.
02/06/2017 07:09 AMPosted by Underman
02/06/2017 06:42 AMPosted by Askur
There is a reason that in 1on1 you dont match a GM with a gold player.

No, it's called bad match making. It was already proven many times in this forum that there are more than enough players to have a halfway decent match making.
02/06/2017 07:12 AMPosted by Seizon
02/06/2017 07:09 AMPosted by Underman

No, it's called bad match making. It was already proven many times in this forum that there are more than enough players to have a halfway decent match making.

I'd like to see the "proofs".

In 2v2, you need twice as many players for a match, which means you need twice as many active players to have the same match making experience.

While some people do play 2v2 on a regular basis, other (more? I don't know, and I don't know if there's a way to check it) are more casual about it and will not play regularly. What we'd need is the number of games played each day (hopefully with the leagues at which they are played) to have a better idea if there is indeed enough players to have a proper match making that does not take ages to find a game at the top level.

Because most of what I saw as "proof" was people saying there are X teams ranked in this or that season, which doesn't really mean anything, since one player can be part of multiple teams, or one player can be ranked having played one game every season only.
02/06/2017 07:31 AMPosted by Underman

I'd like to see the "proofs".

In 2v2, you need twice as many players for a match, which means you need twice as many active players to have the same match making experience.

While some people do play 2v2 on a regular basis, other (more? I don't know, and I don't know if there's a way to check it) are more casual about it and will not play regularly. What we'd need is the number of games played each day (hopefully with the leagues at which they are played) to have a better idea if there is indeed enough players to have a proper match making that does not take ages to find a game at the top level.

Because most of what I saw as "proof" was people saying there are X teams ranked in this or that season, which doesn't really mean anything, since one player can be part of multiple teams, or one player can be ranked having played one game every season only.
This.

There aren't enough players in team matchmaking to allow matchups of team players to be even. There is an attempt at close MMR matching, but it is literally not possible because there just aren't enough players. So, the system just picks whoever they can at that point to fill up player spots and get the teams to play as soon as possible within 5-10 mins, as opposed to 30 mins (which was a thing back in HOTS).
02/06/2017 06:36 AMPosted by Harkless
Thats quitely ironic when you are the very same person that team killed me for no reason. Maybe you should point the finger at yourself when trying to find the problem.

Says the one who does team killing for no reason on 2v2.
Bump
Bump
i am having a hard time finding a good 2v2 partner. currently master 1v1 Z player. if you want to play 2v2 hit me up badhabits#1970 .
Bump
I'm getting down voted, but I don't see any arguments here. I thought
It was already proven many times in this forum that there are more than enough players to have a halfway decent match making.

RankedFTW right?

930 Random 2v2 Team Masters players worldwide right now.
That's enough right?

5.7% of them with 100 games played this season. (7 or more games a day)
7.25 % of them with at least 6 games a day.
9.3 % have at least 5 games a day
13.3 % have at least 4 games a day
18.85 % of them have at least 3 games played a day.
26% of them have at least 2 games a day.
39.3% of them with 1 or more game a day.

This means that 60.7% (561 ranked players) of ranked masters 2v2 random players play less than 1 game a day, and 23 % (213 players) are ranked with a single game played this season total.

Furthermore, the Lower in masters league they are. (MMR wise) The more games they tend to play, as the bottom 200 players had only 69/200 players with less than a game a day played this season. Where as the top 200 players ranked off MMR had 119/200 players with less than a game a day.

So the assessment that they don't really have enough active masters players in 2v2 Random to pair you up with each other all the time is a fair one. Considering a quarter of the worlds "ranked" players played only 1 game this season, and almost 2/3 play less than a game a day.

02/07/2017 05:35 AMPosted by Underman
I'm getting down voted, but I don't see any arguments here. I thought

It's because they don't really have an argument. I asked the OP a while back and got "bump" as a response.

They don't want you or I responding. They want there message to be answered by Blizzard, and the reality is if they hadn't responded to the nearly 2 years of Protech ones. (Props to the OP, for at least bumping the same tread instead of spamming a bunch of them.) They clearly are either working on the solution, or they don't give a darn about their issue.

Their job for team games is to try to find you an even opponent. Not an ally to go along with that. They give you what they have available. (It's not like they can just summon a masters player whenever you chose to have a game.)

There is no competitive 2v2, so there is less motivation from people to ladder in 2v2. If they changed that there might be a few more people that play the mode competitively, but then they would actually have to worry about balancing team games.
You need to get fixed leaving games and teamkilling vrs me in 2v2 lol.
Bump
Bump
I'm fairly sure wc3 had very good game quality with less players than sc2 ever had. It's just laziness from blizzard. There should never be a game where a gold player can match with a master league. I can see diamond, maybe high plat, but nothing lower. I haven't played sc2 in a long time, but i recall 2v2rt matchmaking being pretty garbageish at release as well. Blizzard isn't exactly known for their top notch matchmaking at any rate.
@Drayden

Yeah, thats all we are trying to do is get Blizzard to fix the 2v2 matchmaking. Everyone should have around the same MMR.
...okay, really? This is just stupid.
Fluffypaws factually and numerically proved that the playerbase for 2v2 is tiny. These are the numbers.

Your two options are either
a) Have 30 minute wait queues
or b) Match golds with Masters.

You can't ask Blizz to just... conjure up players, though. That's not how it works.
match ques only take like 6 minutes MAX for 2v2 during low hours 2-6a.m ... usually not even

but i see you don't want to play 2v2 with me, that's fine. :P