Community Update - Test Map Changes & Reapers

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
02/23/2017 10:14 AMPosted by ANDROMEDA
without necessarily nerfing the base damage, KD8 could no longer blow away units that aren't light. it would still be effective against lings and at harassing workers, but queens wouldn't be bounced away from the ramp and/or investing in an early roach warren would give a better counter

I think this is the most reasonable change to the KD8 charge and should definitely be the first change tested on it.
finally WM getting nerf !!!!!! OMG it took almost for ever but finally terran will have to worry about something that their units do not evaporate ..
very good changes even zerg changes are fine ... it was not fun to turtle to carriers and win with 6 or 7 of them it was becoming very boring not to mentioned hitting 10 terrans in a row every time you ladder ... !@#$ing terran cancer finally getting some nerfs so you do not have to play 15 P V T in a row to hit some other race ... all the %^-*ing noobs playing the ez OP terran race has to get to an end ,, it is not funny to go ladder and know you will have to play 90% of game vs terran it was just fu cking si ck to play this game .. i hope it gets better now
I have been waiting for this since 2014 when the protoss discrimination and terran cuddling started. I should pop a bottle of champagne!

Ah wait, at least from the community, there has always been protoss discrimination "1-A" insults to a race that is replete with spells that have to be used, a race that needs perfect unit composition synergy and is slow as f__k.

But we won't have it any more as far as this stupid behavior is concerned.
However, the old (WOL/HOTS) chronoboost is still needed as well as the slow warp-ins needing to go
02/23/2017 03:05 PMPosted by Jockel
I have been waiting for this since 2014 when the protoss discrimination and terran cuddling started. I should pop a bottle of champagne!

Ah wait, at least from the community, there has always been protoss discrimination "1-A" insults to a race that is replete with spells that have to be used, a race that needs perfect unit composition synergy and is slow as f__k.

hahahahahahaha OMG i will get a bottle too lol ... i hate WM so !@#$ing hard since they make it kill all ur worker if terran takes a second to micro and target ,,,, finally finally this is getting to an end ....
02/23/2017 10:03 AMPosted by Balance Team
Movement speed changed from 4.1343 to 4.725.

I once use such numbers as a joke :-D
02/23/2017 03:16 PMPosted by xandar
Movement speed changed from 4.1343 to 4.725.

I once use such numbers as a joke :-D

4 1 3 4 3 sounds like a password :p
Overall, I'm just glad that there could potentially be fewer Reaper openings to deal with.
02/23/2017 03:29 PMPosted by Imperator
4 1 3 4 3 sounds like a password :p

I say something like they change unit speed from 3,75614631 to 3,89516549 :-D
So people all over the place are saying Swarm Host OP. Honestly they are right now because of the force engagements with zergling surrounding the army and the swarm host eating away at a protoss army a mech army and or a bio army cannot kill an army of ling bane swarmhost what so ever. Consider nerfing the swarm host along with this patch please and this game will be better overall. Tired of seeing swarm host return only to give zerg auto wins...blizzard should also reconsider the flying locust thing cause that feels lil too much for anyone to handle since they will just lose all their buildings like its nothing
what that widow mine nerf woud exactly means for pvt? still 1 shot oracal and stuff? still 1 shot workers? any specifics there?

i like the widow mine nerf- but im worried bout the hydra buff , mby a slight hp buff for stalker i woud loved- and btw the cost for termo lance is just unfair- way to expansive

(master toss here)
Definitely not a fan of the hydra buff. I think they are already one of zergs stronger units.
02/23/2017 04:55 PMPosted by Dystopia
what that widow mine nerf woud exactly means for pvt?

It's supposed to help Protoss make Zealots and stuff against Terran so the splash damage doesn't bring them to 10 life anymore, the extra 15 life should make Marines or whatever work a little harder.
02/23/2017 02:32 PMPosted by KillJoy
02/23/2017 12:32 PMPosted by jedi
Parasite Spore weapon damage point changed from .1193 to .0446.

What does this mean? Parasite spore is the main air-to-air weapon of corruptor, and its damage is 14+6 massive.

A lot of people have been asking what this means.
And a lot of people automatically assume it means increased damage.

To be clear
It does not buff the damage of the corrupter!!!

It buffs the damage POINT.
The point at which it fires its spore after getting in range.
You'll notice a corrupters have to slow down and take quite a while to fire, making it difficult to kite/micro them.
This reduces that "lag" and makes them more microable

Thank you so much for you explanation, I understand now.
Balance Test Map
First off, we wanted to give a big thanks to everyone who participated in testing and provided feedback on the balance test map. We are leaning towards finalizing the below changes:

Terran

Widow Mine
  • Splash damage +shield bonus reduced from +40 to +25.

Zerg

Hydralisk
  • Health increased from 80 to 90.

Corruptor
  • Movement speed changed from 4.1343 to 4.725.
  • Acceleration speed changed from 3.675 to 4.2.
  • Parasite Spore weapon damage point changed from .1193 to .0446.

Assuming that no issues arise, we’ll implement these changes in an upcoming patch.

Reaper Openers in TvZ
We have been keeping an eye on Reaper openings in the TvZ matchup and we think some tweaks may be needed here to keep Terran from gaining too much advantage in the early game.

the tvp matchup IS balanced iff not protoss favored since playing terran requires a LOT more micro and multitask and you wanna make the matchup HOTS level of BROKEN once again.................... jesus.......even nathanias TOLD you about the risks nerfing mines.........cant keep the anti terran biased away isnt it??
hydra and corruptor buff serously ?????...... zerg are doing just fine why would you do this??.....
nerfing the reaper LOL........it been MORE than a YEAR the entire community told you to do this....... avilo made a thread saying a reaper nerf was needed and you banned him for NO reason ............
Terran players are going support reaper changes for the sake of changing TvT. The reaper is on of the problem units in that match up limiting how people can open.

Corruptor change falls in line with people's criticisms of making all the units faster. We did the voidray so now we'll do the corruptor and next will be the viking. I also see the change as playing a bigger role in ZvT than ZvP (but maybe that's because I rarely play ZvP).
For the sake of TvT let the reaper grenade have a longer cool down, but maybe more dmg, and units that are large don't bounce, like tanks.
Why TERRAN is worst in the world? only kr terran can be champion? non kr pros play for what? for dream?or for lose?all ways fix people,never fix broken system,DK play like a god for years,are you tired?
OH,sry . it's dead game ,I forget it.
A reaper grenade nerf.....Aww blizzard you shouldnt have * blushes*.

Literally been waiting for this day for so damn long.
02/23/2017 03:05 PMPosted by Jockel

Man, I just signed in my account for you. I immediately liked your comment after I read it. I started playing SC2 since 2014 March I think, and just after few months widow mine got crazy buffed lol. I uninstalled SC2 2 months ago. There are 2 reasons, one is I am a senior student in university, study makes me really busy, another reason is the unit widow mine makes me feel so tired of playing pvt. I am a diamond 2 player. My pvp and pvz win rate in last season are both around 58%, my pvt is 40%. Am I really so bad at pvt? I don't think so, I think no matter how bad my pvt is at least my pvt win rate should be at least around 45% but not 40%. I want to say the fact is pvt is too hard to play under GM level. I just want to say widow mine is really a brainless overpower unit in tvp, no doubt. I appreciate balance team finally make widow mine to get balanced. This makes me would reinstall SC2 again in the future. Terran players, remember, this is called balanced, not nerfed. Widow mine is still a strong unit after getting "nerfed".