Acer Chromebook

General Discussion
I am trying to play starcraft 2 on my Acer Chromebook. Is Blizzard ever going to be compatible with chromebook OS?
Nope
Chromebook was made for ...

Google chrome
I've been working on finding video games to play with this chromebook and so far found ms.pacman, bunch of super nintendo games, and I still want to play Starcraft 2 but I am not knowledgeable enough to install ubuntu onto a chromebook. It would be sweet if blizzard added a chromebook installer.
The sad reality is that absolutely ZERO modern gamers game on a Chromebook. Chromebook can run some retro games but no way in hell can it run SC2. It's not even a supported operating system - it would be like trying to run SC2 on a Google Phone or iOS/Android.

SC2 can even make it on Intel HD Graphics - I have a high-end onboard card that I used that got me 35-45 FPS on high settings until I switched to my dedicated card, which enabled 50-60 FPS on Extreme.

So if you had at least one of the newer Intel HD cards (and at least Windows 7), you might be able to run the game quite nicely. If not, you're screwed. Sorry dude.
I think that the google chromebook has some games that are capable of running some really smooth powerful graphics.. although I cannot test them because they require a Android Device so I am pretty positive that the graphics would be equivalently excellent with SC2 on a chromebook and taking a look at the list of games available through chromebook would lead me to believe that.
Id like to play CS:GO on my phone bud.

meh

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No.
First off, the Chrome OS is fundamentally not designed to run executables.
Secondly, there's only... 2 gigabytes of internal storage, I think? Not enough to store SC2, at any rate.
Thirdly, putting Ubuntu on it is also useless because Starcraft doesn't run on that, either.
there is a better chance of them porting the game to raspberry pi Kappa
Thanks so much I really appreciate you answering the question
bruh
The whole concept of chrome OS is streaming software. All heavy lifting is done on google's services.

For SC2 to run on it Blizz will have to put SC2 on Stadia and even then I seriously doubt that the concept will work with SC2.
Im going to catch some downvotes and flak for this but... Just buy a cheap PC with a 970 or a 1060 which can be done for around $500 and enjoy sc2 on all high settings. Chromebooks are made to surf the internet... which can be done with any computer regardless of OS. I guess security and cost make chromebooks good? I work with chromebooks at my job and they are just nothing short of a pain from printing to straight up functionality, but hey to each his own.
04/30/2019 02:38 PMPosted by BaconMonster
Im going to catch some downvotes and flak for this but... Just buy a cheap PC with a 970 or a 1060 which can be done for around $500 and enjoy sc2 on all high settings. Chromebooks are made to surf the internet... which can be done with any computer regardless of OS. I guess security and cost make chromebooks good? I work with chromebooks at my job and they are just nothing short of a pain from printing to straight up functionality, but hey to each his own.

You don't even need a 970 for Starcraft this game was released 10 years ago. My first card with an AMD R9 280 and it ran Starfact 2 better than fine. You can pick em up on ebay for $30 these days. Also the new intel i3s (8000 and 9000 series) are quadcores which is all Sc2 is optimized for anyway.

If you're really trying to save money, pickup a Sandybridge i5 for another $30 and a compatible motherboard. A pc like this won't get you the best frames in Battlefield 5 or PUBG but it will run games like CS:GO, Overwatch, League and Sc2 at 60+ frames stable. Speaking from experience, I was very broke in college.

That's a sane advice, not sure why your post would take flak?
05/01/2019 12:03 PMPosted by Gooba

That's a sane advice, not sure why your post would take flak?
Well I did just flame the chromebook which I figured would garner some hate among its fans. That's all.

05/01/2019 10:58 AMPosted by MachoSaurus

You don't even need a 970 for Starcraft this game was released 10 years ago. My first card with an AMD R9 280 and it ran Starfact 2 better than fine. You can pick em up on ebay for $30 these days. Also the new intel i3s (8000 and 9000 series) are quadcores which is all Sc2 is optimized for anyway.

If you're really trying to save money, pickup a Sandybridge i5 for another $30 and a compatible motherboard. A pc like this won't get you the best frames in Battlefield 5 or PUBG but it will run games like CS:GO, Overwatch, League and Sc2 at 60+ frames stable. Speaking from experience, I was very broke in college.
Also what this guy said. If it's just to play sc2 this will work but I was more referring to an all around gaming PC you can use for more modern games as well as sc2. Whichever way you choose all are good options
I know. SC2 unfortunately can't benefit from advanced double/quad or more core-processors and the Graphic-subsystem is not the one that causes the bottleneck.
More bang for the buck (only for SC2) can be reached with single/few-core and high-clock CPU, moderate graphic Card, 8-16 GB of Ram and possibly a SSD disk.