Community Update - Thor, Tempest, & esports

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Why not keep the Thor strong vs air and tone it down vs ground a bit?

That way mech will still rely on tank positional play for anti-ground and we won't have Thor/Hellbat a-move compositions.
Keep it up balance team! You are doing great!
Don't know what Blizzard is thinking. Thor's unreliable AA which translate into mech's unreliable AA has nothing to do with Thor's surviability. It's simply that Thor is too big of an investment for merely AA. If Thor is gonna be this big and expensive then its AA dmg need to be much more reliable. There's no way around it. This armor buff will do nothing but help gimmicky build like mass thor.

Blizzard really needs to pay more attention to the problems rather than giving out random buff without proper direction.
plz buff zerg..
05/04/2017 12:12 PMPosted by Nathanias
Omg is the thor actually gonna be a durable unit now? This looks amazing

It was always funny how a marauder had the same amount of armor as a thor.

I think higher armor is good as a thematic and practical change, as it does also reduce the effectiveness of muta boxing especially at 3/3.
I like this "new" balance team. I like them a lot

But please push through the chargelot change. Theres no reason for this to sit on the sideline to get tested 3 more months.
LOL I just realized thor rushes in T v T got a lot stronger with the armor increase XD

Careful if you run into ruff on the ladder!!!!
I literally suggested increasing the base armour and use gave me !@#$ ovee it... well well well
05/04/2017 07:39 PMPosted by Hydralisk
I literally suggested increasing the base armour and use gave me !@#$ ovee it... well well well

What matters is if it gets into the live game or not, hopefully we get it.

05/04/2017 07:26 PMPosted by McNasty
I like this "new" balance team. I like them a lot

But please push through the chargelot change. Theres no reason for this to sit on the sideline to get tested 3 more months.

Yeah, the Zealot change would be fun and interesting to see.

05/04/2017 07:28 PMPosted by McNasty
LOL I just realized thor rushes in T v T got a lot stronger with the armor increase XD

Careful if you run into ruff on the ladder!!!!

XD Time to start getting creative then I suppose! Maybe some Widow Mines or Marauders or who knows.
WHAT'S THE POINT OF TEMPEST BUFF?

How many games are there B.C was shown in pro seen since LOTV?
As I know, Just 2 game. Isn't it Joke?
Just TY use B.C only 2 time. And he never use it since then.

And how many game tempest was shown? more than hundred.

B.C already has been died out in pro seen. and you buff tempest damage to B.C?

Blizzard always emphasizes variety of game meta. then why don't you take

any consider that one race's highest unit has been extincted?

B.C could never win Tempest and blink stalker combination even now.

yamato even can't touch Tempest. Tactical jump and yamato is just suicide.

raven gas 200 that same with tempest. PP energy consumption 100 so 90% of time, only 1 PP is available per 1 raven. and stalker can make PP energy zero quickly and easy. so raven also can't protect B.C from tempest.
So. B.C has been died out not only pro seen but ladder(ML, GL)

So I Suggest
1. Buff Tempest's normal damage. don't touch massive damage. There's no any reason Tempest should've been counter of massive. Protoss have so many other option of deal with massive air unit (Carrier is Just OP it self.)

2. If you don't like 1. give terran somthing to protect B.C from tempest.
for example, make PP energy 75 so that 2 PP available most of time.
or make raven cost from 100/200 to 200/100(with massive nerf Auto turret)

I really want to see terran's high tech play became one of normal option especially B.C.
05/04/2017 03:13 PMPosted by Miro
05/04/2017 03:00 PMPosted by SuperJoule
make them 4 supply again? 6 supply is just too much for a unit that cant fight a ground army due to lack of splash damage and low range, and now you're nerfing the vs air aswell...

No. 4 supply Tempests were stupid, and shouldn't have ever been a thing. they're still good. just not as easy to mass.

They're not 6 supply good but, I get that a lot of terrans have PTSD from the old tempest.

The thing is, about the current tempest is that it takes up so much supply, and leaves protoss without much of an army, which is why we don't see it anymore. It's not good at kiting anymore, marines and hydra will just eat through them no problem due to the range nerf.

I don't see why anyone who is not just blatantly bias would want them to still be 6 supply :/
Were is the protoss buff to compansate the hard adapt nerf?

No. 4 supply Tempests were stupid, and shouldn't have ever been a thing. they're still good. just not as easy to mass.

They're not 6 supply good but, I get that a lot of terrans have PTSD from the old tempest.

The thing is, about the current tempest is that it takes up so much supply, and leaves protoss without much of an army, which is why we don't see it anymore. It's not good at kiting anymore, marines and hydra will just eat through them no problem due to the range nerf.

I don't see why anyone who is not just blatantly bias would want them to still be 6 supply :/

Why not try 5?
Is it : " considering Zerg hasn't won anything for 8 months we decide to buff T and Protoss" feedback ?

Particulary if you buff Skytoss and mech because Avilo and Playa scrubs whine their favorite retard style don't allow them to beat the best Progamers.
Good changes. There doesn't seem to be anything gamebreaking in there so just put them in the game asap. Next balance patch I think you should look at the following

Cyclone aa- a small increase so cyclones can be used as defence against oracles and the ability to switch on autocast.

Swarmhosts- mech needs counterplay

Adept- shade cooldown is still to low

Infested Terrans- I can count on one hand the amount of time I have saw infested terrans in LOTV. Maybe a slight buff but wouldn't want the infestor becoming to good again.

Also separate rally point for overlords.

Keep up the good work
05/04/2017 12:17 PMPosted by Jtamm
05/04/2017 12:12 PMPosted by Nathanias
Omg is the thor actually gonna be a durable unit now? This looks amazing

It should do better for Carriers and BC's now. I'm Bio in TvT will do worse. Cyclones wont destroy Thors either
Yeah, Thors have never been good vs Bio, though, so maybe they'll actually see use a bit more (seems more Tanks would still be better, though). Mech has Tanks and Mines and its own Thors to combat opposing Thors, so I think Mech v Mech will do fine.

HOWEVER, I still think the Thor could benefit from a size and collision radius decrease so it can more easily get into position against capital air units and (now) get into the front line.
Ok mr superjoule, since tempests are so bad let's make a trade. Thor for tempest. Let's even make a comparison

Hp: tempest> Thor
Tempest flies
Range: tempest> Thor
Vs carrier: tempest > Thor
Speed: tempest > Thor
Vs brood lord: tempest > Thor
Camping you enemies: tempest > Thor.

Oh since your saying how !@#$ tempest is, let's retain the Thor supply 6 for you while we terrans get tempest and it will be 4 supply when produced to make it more fair. How's that sounds fair?

Or Let's see you argue Thor is actually better than tempest... rofl...
05/05/2017 08:07 AMPosted by Flack
Ok mr superjoule, since tempests are so bad let's make a trade. Thor for tempest. Let's even make a comparison

Tempest flies

Oh since your saying how !@#$ tempest is, let's retain the Thor supply 6 for you while we terrans get tempest and it will be 4 supply when produced to make it more fair. How's that sounds fair?

Don't reply to pr*toss players, they're all brain damaged. They're literally the SJWs of SC2.
05/05/2017 08:07 AMPosted by Flack

Tempest flies

Just because you're sarcastic doesn't make you right. I willing to do the trade. The new Thor better than new tempest. When those thors stack up with higher armoir and you can make more of them Thor would win.

Anyways everybody keeps talking about 4 supply or 6. Is there a problem with 5 supply. That's the most fair. And it's should have been the case in the first place. Blizzard went too extreme.

And please change zealots to have more hp.