Upcoming Balance Update

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Balance Update
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on the proposed changes. We really appreciated all of the thoughtful discussion! After reading over the feedback, we are preparing to implement the balance changes that have been on the testing matchmaking queue.

Terran

Thor
  • Thor armor was increased from 1 to 2.
  • Thor morph times reduced from 2.5 to 1.79. Thor morph random delay durations reduced from 0.36 to 0.18.

Raven
  • Auto-Turret damage reduced from 24 to 18.
  • Auto-Turret duration increased from 7.14 to 10.

Protoss

Tempest
  • Kinetic Overload damage increased from 30 (+14 massive) to 30 (+22 massive).

Void Ray
  • Prismatic Alignment slows the Void Ray by 40% while active.

Zealot
  • Charge upgrade cost lowered from 200/200 to 100/100.

Zerg

Roach & Infestor
  • Undetected burrow move visual effects should be more visible.

Currently, we are planning for these changes to go live next week in the upcoming 3.14 patch. As always, we welcome your thoughts and feedback!
i think its ok i am just sad that you don't buff more ground to air (Toss is weakest in this point)

maybe 40% reduced movementspeed could be to heavy

The Tempest still didn't get play it should get increased armor because all captial ships fire fast with low dmg

Glad that raven got the dmg nerf

Thor we will see if and how he works now
Pointless changes. Won't solve much.
Hooooly fuk am I going to have to play some protoss when I get home
" Thor morph random delay durations reduced from 0.36 to 0.18. "

Please give it a fixed delay, "random" stuff shouldnt be in a game like SC2
Next balance patch in 2 months. See ya!
xD
Awesome. Blizzard take a look at Cyclone AA and Swarm Hosts please. Cyclone AA is too weak, it isn't even worth using past early game. Maybe increasing to 200 would be a good spot?

Swarm Hosts still wreck mech too hard right now.
05/15/2017 11:55 AMPosted by Seizon
Awesome, Blizzard take a look at Cyclone AA and Swarm Hosts please. Cyclone AA is too weak, it isn't even worth using past early game. Maybe increasing to 200 would be a good spot?

Swarm Hosts still wreck mech too hard right now.

I think they should either increase the damage to 180 or decrease the duration from 14 secs to maybe 11 secs and keep it at 160. Cyclone does need a AA buff or a gas reduction
Changes sound decent
cool, so Protoss can keep making only two units against Terran.
The problem with Burrowed Infestors is not low visibility; it is not the fact that they can cast Neural Parasite while burrowed, or Infested Terrans, either. The problem is that they can cast Fungal while burrowed.

Every other cloaked/invisible unit in the game has a significant trade-off for its detection-requisite ability:

Dark Templar: Melee unit; anti-ground only
Banshee: Runs out of energy, anti-ground only
Ghost: Runs out of energy
All Zerg units: cannot move while burrowed (with exception of Roach/Infestor, and Roaches being unable to attack while burrowed). Also, Roaches visibly show when Tunneling Claws is researched.

I have no problem with the Infestor being able to move while burrowed (even though it doesn't need to be researched, for some reason) and I don't even have a problem with Infestors casting IT and NP while burrowed. Being able to cast a damaging, lock-down ability (which is inevitably followed by Ultras/Broodlings/Bile/Banelings, etc.), on entire armies while burrowed is awful design. There is no excuse for it.

Even when Terran players confirm that burrowed Infestors are in play, they still have to spend a scan every single time they wish to engage the Zerg army. This is downright ridiculous, particularly because good Zergs will then run their Infestors out of scan range and engage immediately after it ends. The only other option, Ravens, gets eaten alive by uber-buffed Corruptors, which out-run or out-fight every single unit in the Terran arsenal, not to mention the newly-minted Combat Shield Hydras and half-court Queens.

I've said it so many times, but what the hell, I'll say it again: buff Infestor energy by removing the Pathogen Gland upgrade and absorbing it into the unit; just eradicate burrow-casting Fungal.

Terran

Thor
  • Thor armor was increased from 1 to 2.
  • Thor morph times reduced from 2.5 to 1.79. T

Raven
  • Auto-Turret damage reduced from 24 to 18.
  • Auto-Turret duration increased from 7.14 to 10.

Protoss

Tempest
  • Kinetic Overload damage increased from 30 (+14 massive) to 30 (+22 massive).

Void Ray
  • Prismatic Alignment slows the Void Ray by 40% while active.

Zealot
  • Charge upgrade cost lowered from 200/200 to 100/100.

Zerg

Roach & Infestor
  • Undetected burrow move visual effects should be more visible.
Excellent ! I specially like Thor 2 pts of base armor, a T3 unit like that should be durable.

Agreed for the rest, but I'm waiting to see exactly how visible will be burrowed infestors now. =)
NERF ADEPT !!!!..................
mech ???? SH ?? Viper being broken versus mechplay .........
lmao you should be ASHAMED .............
Amazing. First time I'm seeing actual useful work done, instead of major problems being shrugged and written off, since at least mid-hots. Glad David Kim is gone. Good Riddance.
I wasn't expecting so many of the changes to go through. I'm definitely a big fan of Protoss having more answers to Void Rays and Carriers beyond answering with the same unit.

I also wasn't expecting 3.14 to come out so soon. I'm very curious what content will be included!
The good:
All the changes are a step in the right direction.

The bad:
Thors will still have no role in TvT and TvP. They are not good enough vs air to be useful and they still get hard countered by liberators, BCs, void rays, immortals etc.

TvZ Mech will still only be viable if the Zerg player forgets to build Swarm Hosts.
Hahahaha we still see whine about the Viper, God that's pathetic. And the cyclon AA buff? Haha you won't understand that you cna't have second marine in your mech arsenal. If you want cyclon AA, than we need hydra in tier 1.
05/15/2017 01:12 PMPosted by Zeratuss
Hahahaha we still see whine about the Viper, God that's pathetic. And the cyclon AA buff? Haha you won't understand that you cna't have second marine in your mech arsenal. If you want cyclon AA, than we need hydra in tier 1.

But you already have the game's best AA unit in your T1, it's called the queen. /s
Remove swarm hosts plz.