AI API release date

StarCraft II API
I know this was already asked somewhere, but it's summer already.
Can you guys share with us a concrete release date?
I'm looking for a hobby project this summer.
It's truly disenchanting how little news we've had on this.
Yes this would be really nice.
Two friends and I have choosen this as our master project in Software Engineering. We are starting in august, and if it is not to be released before we will have to find something else.

Crossing my fingers.
06/13/2017 10:34 AMPosted by Corlin
we will have to find something else.
You can still pick BWAPI for now, and after that adapt architecture of your bot for sc2.
my summer project too
06/13/2017 10:34 AMPosted by Corlin
Yes this would be really nice.
Two friends and I have choosen this as our master project in Software Engineering. We are starting in august, and if it is not to be released before we will have to find something else.

Crossing my fingers.

Choose this for my master as well! I try to delay as much as possible but need to implement something real soon.
07/05/2017 07:11 PMPosted by Akilea
Choose this for my master as well! I try to delay as much as possible but need to implement something real soon.
Like I said - if no hope remains, pick BWAPI. And there is high chance that you can adapt your bot written for BWAPI under SC2API.
Game mechanics "in general" are similar.
We're not talking about the differences between "Total Annihilation" and "Command and Conquer", and by that I mean sc1 and sc2 share a lot of similarities that, (I believe at least) allows to adapt a bot written for one game under another with ease.
Strategies will be completely different, but architecture, in general, will remain about the same.
And there is high chance that you can adapt your bot written for BWAPI under SC2API.

Unlikely, different game and different way to communicate with the game. SC2 will use protobuffers.
07/09/2017 10:32 AMPosted by Tokman
Unlikely, different game and different way to communicate with the game. SC2 will use protobuffers.
Yes - there are different input methods, that can affect an architecture, but still, you can negate this effect by building layers of abstraction.

Actually sometimes it is necessary to build layers of abstraction to be less affected by new API versions, that could force you to rewrite bunch of your code.

And these layers of abstraction could be "the same" for both games. You get an upcoming events, some variables (for example about how many resources and supply you have), map information, and send commands to your units/buildings.

If I'm wrong here - correct me, or say something in addition.