New patch causing crashes

Mac Technical Support
Prev 1 15 16 17 26 Next
By now yall could've easily just gone to Costco and bought a cheap gaming rig. And you'd be able to run all your games better than with Crapple products anyway.
Same issue here. Game is unplayable anymore. Please fix this fast.
Same thing happening to me. I have tried fix/repair, and reinstalling the game - neither works and the game slips to a window'd mode, and then crashes telling me to reinstall the game. Patch has a bug. Please help.

Sierra 10.12.5
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
06/21/2017 05:50 AMPosted by redarray
By now yall could've easily just gone to Costco and bought a cheap gaming rig. And you'd be able to run all your games better than with Crapple products anyway.

I personally would rather have seldom gaming inconvienences than spend my time trolling strangers inside the comfort of my moms 3 room trailer. But hey, choose what you think you need to...
06/20/2017 02:40 PMPosted by Kelphe
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your reports and detailed information, we're looking into these crashes and will provide an update as soon as possible. Our sincerest apologies for these crashes.

and..."
I reinstalled SC2 last night after two months of not playing and the crash happened. This morning nothing has been said or done, I think they did me a favor, I guess I won't be losing weeks of productivity again by playing SC2. I just uninstalled it.
06/20/2017 02:40 PMPosted by Kelphe
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your reports and detailed information, we're looking into these crashes and will provide an update as soon as possible. Our sincerest apologies for these crashes.

Guys, it's been 15 hours since your last update... this is not good. We all paid good money for this game, we need an update ASAP!
Mac OSX - 10.11.16 El Captain on a Macbook Pro, same issue. Fine last night, installed the patch this morning and now any game hangs up after the first 5 seconds. Sadly.
Same here.
After latest patch game crashes in all modes a few seconds into the game.
Game scanned&repaired followed with uninstall and fresh installation still the same.
Sierra 10.12.5
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac13,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
06/21/2017 05:38 AMPosted by Desmo
Employee: Boss, we have users reporting a P0 bug...

Boss: Is it affecting payments and subscriptions?

Employee: Well, no.

Boss: Mac or PC?

Employee: Mac.

Boss: Thank goodness. We'll try to take a look at it in the morning. G'night.

Lol, pretty much hahahaha
Same problem. Happens on the original game and in any arcade game as well.
Stupid Bllizard!!
Thanks, Blizz, I really enjoyed downloading 34 GB to re-install the game, only to have the crashes repeat themselves. Really invigorating for me. I'm assuming it was good for you too?
06/21/2017 06:56 AMPosted by Zabros
Thanks, Blizz, I really enjoyed downloading 34 GB to re-install the game, only to have the crashes repeat themselves. Really invigorating for me. I'm assuming it was good for you too?

Yeah... my post here alludes to the same "fun"
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20756895911
Having the same issue, I load into a game make a drone then it goes into windowed mode and crashes telling me to reinstall. Just to update, I've reinstalled and nothing has changed! PLEASE FIX THIS BATTLE NET!!!!!
Omg we're crashing again!!!!! :(
Yeah, same; tried a reinstall. Tried logging in via Americas, not SE Asia as normal
06/21/2017 05:50 AMPosted by Sebadoh
06/21/2017 05:25 AMPosted by Maher
Calm your !@#$ everyone. Software is never perfect, and every now and then a major bug like this one kills the fun. Rest assured; Blizzard will have a solution out for you very soon. Blizzard cares deeply about its community. That's you folks. Go watch some VODs or read a book. Or better yet, take your girlfriend out. Oh shoot .. I just remembered that you may not have one. Bummer.

Man... give it a rest. It is an issue, and while you may denigrate the posters, the reality is that the LACK OF COMMUNICATION from Blizzard is the main issue. For crying out loud Blizzard just SAY something. Even something like "Looks like we screwed something up for Mac users in the patch.... We'll be back to you asap." Would be welcome.

Let's look at it like other services. What do you think would be the backlash if Netflix was down for all users, and didn't say anything about it for a day? Would you just say to the Netflix community "Just go read a book... Or sleep with your girlfriend" etc.?

I bet not...
Mate, the issue is - how does a giant gaming company like blizzard release a patch without even testing it on all patforms? Its not like Blizzard missed out on a minor issue here (like a flaw with a unit or something). It's an problem that would have surfaced the very minute a developer tried this out on a Mac. It's pure disregard and neglegence and quite frankly everyone out there is very irritated. It is clear that this patch was rushed out for whatever reason and now thousands of people are just sitting around for blizzard to own the problem. I think thats understandable given the situation, wouldn't you say?
Same problem on Mac.
Following patch install: Crashed twice within first 10 seconds of game; reinstalled per request (wait an hour or 2 later); started a third game; crashed. I did not save crash logs; typed comments into the error prompt (close or reopen).