Unlocking War Chest Rewards

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
We’ve seen some questions about how quickly it will be possible to unlock all of the War Chest content. War Chest starts with an initial content unlock: a StarCraft II portrait and worker skin for each race you purchase, a Heroes Loot Chest, a Hearthstone Card Pack, and an exclusive Diablo probe pet. Each additional node unlock occurs for every 300,000 XP earned, and successively adds content. For reference, the bonus experience received for your first win of the day in multiplayer awards 100,000 XP per race. Thus, it’s possible to unlock a node in a single day by winning one match as each race. Additional XP is awarded for simply playing the game, in both multiplayer and co-op modes, so some players will undoubtedly unlock more than a single node per day.

It will also be possible to purchase the full set of skins for their normal price after the War Chest season ends: this bundle will be dynamic, which means it will credit War Chest participants for any skins that they have already unlocked. Effectively, War Chest provides a discount for any skins unlocked by playing co-op or multiplayer during the designated period.

We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to launching the first War Chest at 4:00 p.m. PDT, on Wednesday, July 19. The countdown on the War Chest website was mistakenly set to midnight on July 19 but is now fixed.
I am really excited to get into War Chest and unlock Tal'Darim and Special Forces. Though I must say, I can't wait for whenever we might see building skins to fully reflect the faction we wish to serve.

I suppose I can be grateful that the event begins at 4PM instead of the initial assumption lead by the website until today. I thought it was going to be available at midnight the moment it turned Wednesday, but I need the sleep anyway.

Anyway, thank you so much for War Chest, Blizzard, I'm really happy to finally unlock some cool aesthetics for a game I can really appreciate.
So there will probably be a lot of people who load up with their off race and just leaving as soon the game starts to farm fast points. Especially with separate MMR per race so their main race isn't affected and match length bonuses for short games... Or maybe i'm just automatically assuming the worse and over thinking it. :P
Quitting on start up doesn't really reward points fast enough to justify it. To get the 100,000 EXP bonus you have to actually win a game.
07/18/2017 07:40 PMPosted by Accuracy
So there will probably be a lot of people who load up with their off race and just leaving as soon the game starts to farm fast points. Especially with separate MMR per race so their main race isn't affected and match length bonuses for short games... Or maybe i'm just automatically assuming the worse and over thinking it. :P

Then they would be leaving only to get 0 exp each time, making it a complete waste of time. http://i.imgur.com/4ZsGfdG.png

2350 exp per game if you do nothing, that's what you call INefficiency.
What is the point of EXP if people already hit the level cap?
07/18/2017 05:09 PMPosted by Zephyn
I suppose I can be grateful that the event begins at 4PM instead of the initial assumption lead by the website until today. I thought it was going to be available at midnight the moment it turned Wednesday, but I need the sleep anyway.

meh, its now at 1 am CET
07/18/2017 11:08 PMPosted by DrHelix
07/18/2017 05:09 PMPosted by Zephyn

meh, its now at 1 am CET

I refer to PDT when I say 4PM.

Although, checked Google, would be 12AM CET for you guys on a Thursday (technicalities). So when North America receives the War Chest at 4PM PDT Central Europe will have it at midnight, Thursday.
07/18/2017 10:09 PMPosted by Warpath
What is the point of EXP if people already hit the level cap?

I figured it would be obvious; To clarify, the EXP is it's own entity separate from "character" level. The EXP you gain from playing games will go into War Chest progress as well as character. So it doesn't matter if you capped your Character level.
"It will also be possible to purchase the full set of skins for their normal price after the War Chest season ends: this bundle will be dynamic, which means it will credit War Chest participants for any skins that they have already unlocked. Effectively, War Chest provides a discount for any skins unlocked by playing co-op or multiplayer during the designated period."

This is nonsense. I shouldn't have to pay again for something I already payed once. Once I have the Warchest those unlocks should be available for as long as Blizzard exists. Since I have little time to play this summer, and more than one game to actually play, I'll not be getting this thing, since the chances of me unlocking all of it are slim.
is the progress also shared when playing on different servers?
Wait can't you just play Vs AI to get the experience or is it solely only Co-OP or Ranked/Unranked?
07/19/2017 03:51 AMPosted by Aesunity
Wait can't you just play Vs AI to get the experience or is it solely only Co-OP or Ranked/Unranked?

You can play VS AI (and custom?), anything that's not arcade works
So, can I win once with each race to unlock 1 skin per day?
Or if I m playing zerg, terran and toss won't get progress?
I don't expect to have any challenge unlocking everything within the time limit(I'll probably complete each phase in less than a week) but I agree with a lot of critics thay the existence of a time limit presents some unnecessary complications.

I've been looking forward to this event and I'll be opening the chest right after work!
If I want skins for all 3 regions/servers, do I need to level up in all those regions..?
07/19/2017 05:37 AMPosted by HellGoesON
So, can I win once with each race to unlock 1 skin per day?
Or if I m playing zerg, terran and toss won't get progress?

All experience is shared, winning a ladder/coop/custom game as a zerg will give you the same amount of XP towards all the war chests you've bought. And if you buy any more later on (As in, maybe you only bought the zerg one but half way through you buy the protoss one) it automatically catches up so you don't have to do more to level it up.

One game with each race on ladder per day.... SHOULD give you enough XP to level up once? I think? It's probably more

07/19/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Dustin
If I want skins for all 3 regions/servers, do I need to level up in all those regions..?

No, the skin unlocks are shared across regions (Or they will be at the end of the warchest) but progress isn't. So if you unlock an ultralisk skin on EU, you'll get it on NA either then and there or at the end of the war chest. You won't lose the skins on other servers if you don't unlock them there
Wait, we have to pay again if we don't meet the goal within the time?? If yes, this is absurd.
07/19/2017 01:03 PMPosted by Seizon
Wait, we have to pay again if we don't meet the goal within the time?? If yes, this is absurd.

Yes.

And it's not absurd because it's part of the deal for getting a discount on the amount of skins you can unlock for a stupidly low price. Then it's also made easy on purpose for even casual players to unlock each skin each day quickly enough as it is.

All you need to do is go into matchmaking, play vs A.I. and rush it out of the game. Very Easy A.I. simplifies this process greatly. Repeat the rush for each race, collect all three races' "first win of the day" bonuses (100,000 EXP) and you can do this once every 24 hours.

EZ PZ. If you have the opportunity to play the game, which any person who actually plays or willing to play does, there is no reason not to get $150 or more worth of content for just $25 and some play time. Considering your account shows plenty of games, you shouldn't have any problem getting all the skins per phase in a day or two per month.
So can anyone else not buy it?