Community Update: Reaper Balance Change

General Discussion
Thanks for your feedback around the proposed Reaper changes. We appreciate all the thoughts and discussions around the proposed changes. After additional consideration and reading over the feedback, we would like to adjust the damage output of the Reaper’s KD8 Charge ability in order to reduce the Reaper’s effectiveness in large numbers. We are prepared to implement the following:

Balance Update

Terran

Reaper
  • KD8 Charge damage reduced from 10 to 5.

Concerning the previous discussions around the Raven and Colossus units, we intend to continue monitoring their performance while we experiment with potential changes. As is always the case, we welcome your continued thoughts on these units and others.
No swarm host changes? no carrier interceptor cost changes?
did blizzard give up on sc2 knowing that a new HS expansion is coming out soon as well as SC1: remastered?
I think this is a good change, this is definitely a nerf to grenade spam, but 3-rax reaper will still be viable.
Very well done by the current balance team, keep in that way.

About Colossus:
-Reduce the cost of Extended Thermal Lance to 150/150 from 200/200
-Give to Colossus default range of 7 instead of 6 but limited to 9 with Extended Thermal Lance (Colossus with range 6 is useless and too expensive)

About Carrier:
-Increase interceptor cost to 15 from 10

About Swarm Host:
-Reduce move speed to 3.5 from 4.13

About Raven (Auto-Turret):
-Many game problems could be fixed if the workers were not light units, for example, the Auto-Turret damage could be changed to 13 +5 against light (and maybe +5 against armored too).

People leave the game because it is very unstable, it is too easy to lose all workers, if the workers were not light units so many units will be less powerful against them, like: baneling, adept, oracle, phoenix, and hellion. Another powerful units could be fixed against workers with the example given of the Raven.
I just think reaper should have more usage overall. It is stupid to have a unit to just scout and then it's gone of the game. If you find a proxy the reaper can't even kill it in time. It is stupid.
07/28/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Menro
People leave the game because it is very unstable, it is too easy to lose all workers, if the workers were not light units so many units will be less powerful against them, like: baneling, adept, oracle, phoenix, and hellion.

These units has antilight damage because workers are light :-D
Swarm Host:
Reduce your speed outside of creep.
Raven:
Increase cost of supplies.
Cyclone:
Modify cost to 150/50, decrease dps, increase damage, double attack, similar to stalker, but a little tougher, remove latch and add AA.
Battle Cruiser:
Blink needs to view and only to near your units or structures, scan does not fit.
Hydralisk:
Increase cost of minerals, reduce hydra-ling spam.
Overlord:
Possible only to drop with hatchery evolution.
Colossus:
Reduce the cost of extended thermal lance, 100/100 or 150/100.
Corruptor:
Remove corruption.
Baneling:
Banelings do not attack more structures.
Ghost:
Colossal units, receive the prescan shot from the ghost instantly.
Disruptor:
Change damage from 145(+55 Shield) to 75(+75 biological), it would help mech against protoss and PvP does not depend only on disruptors, against zerg it would not change anything or against bio terran.
So... Early game TvT still a super mario game?

Great.
I doubt this change will affect your gameplay unless your name is ByuN or Maru.
I'll take the change but I really don't feel like reducing just the damage is going to solve the 'problem' regarding how 'easy' it is to transition out of a three barracks Reaper rush. I thought part of the concern was because a Terran player could still manage normal expanding while damaging the other player while massing them.

Still though, it does remove half the effective damage when Reapers hit large sums of Zerglings with their grenades, providing a chance to handle the Reapers.
07/28/2017 12:09 PMPosted by Candy
No swarm host changes? no carrier interceptor cost changes?

This post is regarding the Reaper; So no, there's no information on those right now. Swarm Host changes are possible though depending on Blizzard's position regarding Terran mech.
RIP Byun
I agree with the reaper change. I really hope Swarm Hosts are nerfed soon. The really are too good for their cost, and too much of a hard counter. Swarm Hosts need a more distinct downside.
FIX THE SWARM HOST
So you nerf byun? Great

What about the MASSIVE PROBLEMS with Zerg?

Like: t1 drops , cracklings , ultra hydras , invincible nydus , overbuffed corrupters , massive hp banelings , vipers in general , burrow fungal , swarmhost in general?

No?

Ok.....
The change for the reaper is fine. Less damage will at least give more opportunities for the zerg to counter it. But please, do not forget that Swarm Hosts need changes and the Fungal while burrowed as well. Also, the corruptors are too buffed.
Thanks for your feedback around the proposed Reaper changes. We appreciate all the thoughts and discussions around the proposed changes. After additional consideration and reading over the feedback, we would like to adjust the damage output of the Reaper’s KD8 Charge ability in order to reduce the Reaper’s effectiveness in large numbers. We are prepared to implement the following:

Balance Update

Terran

Reaper
  • KD8 Charge damage reduced from 10 to 5.

Concerning the previous discussions around the Raven and Colossus units, we intend to continue monitoring their performance while we experiment with potential changes. As is always the case, we welcome your continued thoughts on these units and others.

EDIT: These downvotes will be from terran players who don't want the truth unmasked.

Just like the adept ( which I got down voted 150 times for but you eventually changed it three times becuase you didnt know what was wrong with it ) i'll make sure to give you the right information so you don't have a broken game for the next two years.

The problem with the reaper is not the grenade damage. It's how the open allows terran players to macro 3 bases off the back of staying effective.

You need to nerf the price of the reaper so that if a player decides to all-in with a reaper spam, it's an all-in, not a play that puts him ahead econ-wise so long as he has higher than room temperature IQ with his micro.