Turtle Raven Terran

Zerg Discussion
WTF do you do against this? All they do is turtle with behind multiple planetaries per base, turrets every where, and a hand full of other utility units, then proceed to make nothing but ravens. They never attack, they just use their raven cloud to expand and take every base.
I've just encountered this, I baneling busted to Terran natural and what I saw was Planetary Fortress.

Long story short, the game final was base trade and the Terran won the race.
(Silver1 league EU btw).

I've read up that it takes 19 banelings to take down PF but ofc you need more just in case and some to tank the initial attacks of the Fortress as it automatically prioritize Banelings.
Even more if there is Terran army between you and the Planetary Fortress.
Generally its swarmhosts i think you just deny bases with locusts harass over and over for the ravens themselves its fungal/parasitic bomb but if you get enough swarmhosts early enough they wont get many ravens.
It's tough for sure. I recently lost to a Terran who turtled on ravens and he had a few battle cruisers.
If they turtle ravens I take the map and build Ultras maybe infestors too. Ultras counter ravens by making them useless. I just have to keep up very minimal harass to keep them from massing for free though.
i do ling bane aggression into ling bane hydra (deny third constantly) expand like crazy and make 8 vipers and pb everything. works at masters level.
I agree with PB as the end-game solution. Set up rapid fire because you usually only get a split second to cast your bombs.

I used to use the Ketroc build a lot as gold random, and the thing that usually did me in was early aggression, especially multi-pronged. Ravens take an insane amount of gas and you have to cut a lot of corners to mass them. This makes the terran very vulnerable while he builds up his critical mass of Ravens.

If you can scout this early (telltale signs are a PF on the natural, a low barracks count and an early single ebay) I recommend elevatoring zerglings into his main as relentlessly as you can afford to. Focus his starport tech labs (if you're lucky you'll catch an upgrade) and his refineries.

If he's already has a solid turret ring, a strong roach ravager push can also work. Usually he'll only have a couple of tanks and you should be able to at least wipe out his natural.

If none of that works, do your best to deny his expansions while you tech to vipers. Keep a group of zerglings at each base to kill turrets.
I faced a mass raven player recently, and had a lot of success with mass infestor. You take your entire half of the map, make as many creep queens as you can and start spamming spores. The meat of your army wants to be infestors, but save about 40 supply for cracklings to run into the main and start chomping on production.
the way to win this is to make an early push and make sure they don't get to a point where they have an army like this. Sky Terran and Sky Toss are auto-lose even in the higher leagues.
09/23/2017 12:59 AMPosted by AbelTensor
the way to win this is to make an early push and make sure they don't get to a point where they have an army like this. Sky Terran and Sky Toss are auto-lose even in the higher leagues.

What kind of aggression works though? When they've got PF's and tanks on the high ground behind walls and bunkers what can early game Zerg units do?
queen drop (overlord speed, 1 evo chamber, 4 queens)
Then swarm hosts then corruptor/broodlord/infestor/queen + some roaches to defend vs. hellion runbys and static defense and a lot of bases.

Try to go for an early roach push against a fast factory.
Wait for the balance changes and forget about it.

09/23/2017 12:59 AMPosted by AbelTensor

Aaand that's exactly why blizzard is changing it.
vs. mass ravens mass spine (kill auto turrets)/queens(kill ravens themselves, heal spines);
and swarm hosts + 5-10 infestors to push forward is pretty good in late game.
(also some spore crawlers vs. liberators/widow mines and mass spore crawlers + vipers to pull in battle cruisers; the viper pull cancels the yamato cannon fyi).
08/27/2017 09:23 AMPosted by Geo
WTF do you do against this? All they do is turtle with behind multiple planetaries per base, turrets every where, and a hand full of other utility units, then proceed to make nothing but ravens. They never attack, they just use their raven cloud to expand and take every base.
You don't have to worry about it; the Raven will get changed.
The way you used to have to do it is make as many brood lords as humanly possible. like 12-20 brood lords. So you would just trade energy for free units.
Ravens are air units, broods don't shoot air... how exactly does that help?
10/01/2017 03:04 PMPosted by Geo
Ravens are air units, broods don't shoot air... how exactly does that help?

+ queens/corruptors
I just have a ZvT game against ravens. Freaking sneaky Terrans outsmarted me by putting hidden bases. Everyday they do something that I didn't know. Anyway, here's the replay.

http://ggtracker.com/matches/7206800

The game was very fun to me. If I saw his hidden base early, the game wont last long. Anyway, I thought he was just into 2 base... didn't know he had 4 -bases allowing him to get ravens. I saw the ravens when my Mutas attacked his main. I still went through with my normal stuffs... Ling/banes/Mutas then Ultras. When I wrecked his land army and some of his expansions, I know ravens would come to me. So I built some Corruptors. I don't really engage on ravens until my land army is with my corruptors. I just let his ravens waste its energy against my land army with Ultras pressuring him until my Corruptors get them. Spines and Spores/queens on expo pressure Ravens allowing him to waste its energy. So when my Corruptors come, they just sit up there doing nothing. Watch the replay and see how they die.
Here is a late-game ZvT but no raven (just mass BC at one time):
http://ggtracker.com/matches/7206737
10/16/2017 11:18 AMPosted by Eyes
Here is a late-game ZvT but no raven (just mass BC at one time):http://ggtracker.com/matches/7206737

Dang, 38 min? That was a long game. Most of my games are just around 20 min. Last time I made 38 min was a ZvP who made Void Rays and Carriers. I kept on resupplying to 200 supply every after encounters. When I realized it would require filling up the whole map to beat this guy, I just quit. I am not gonna stay there forever for just one win. Look at my next games, ZvZ and it all finishes under 10 min. LOL.